MP3 players discussion

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

Your sister was talking about limewire.com, not livewire. It's a program that lets you download music, movies, programs, etc. for free. Technically, it's illegal to use that program because it's against the copywrite laws.

There are other deals where you pay about $10-$15 a month and download all the music you want. That's legal.
15 years 10 months ago #211

Replied by Meya on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

Ohhhh! This is what they were talking about!:shocked: When i went to amazon they did not explain much about what you said, just basically a description of the phone, but I want more details like you said. So if I got the 80GB, about how many movies can be downloaded? My sister was telling me to go to livewire.com and download it and then they are free, but when i went there I was seeing 99 cents per song and when I clicked it, it kept bringing me to Itunes to purchase. I dont want to pay $299-up for an ipod and pay all that money for songs or movies. I thought when you purchased the ipod you can download music for free. What's the deal on that?
15 years 10 months ago #212

Well, in the past, the entry level iPods didn't play video like the higher end ones did. Now, it's just a matter of what you're going to use it for. If you're going to use it for music only, then the 4gb and 8gb models are fine. It's not a good idea trying to put videos on there because video files take a large amount of space on the memory so you're not going to be able to fill up a lot of songs. But, if you're going to watch video also, then I'd suggest buying either 80gb or 160gb model.
15 years 10 months ago #213

You know it! Hey I went to amazon.com and iPod site to see the difference in the iPods. They actually have one that holds 40,000 songs:relieved:, I was thinking about the one that has 8 gb and it holds about 4,000 songs. Now will the cheaper one only hold less songs but same options as the ones that has 80 gb. I might be saying the gb's wrong, but I know you know what I am talking about...lol.
15 years 10 months ago #214

Meya, you know me too much! Oh wait, that's right because you're my big sis. :cheesing:
15 years 10 months ago #215
  • Eldarwen
  • Eldarwen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

There are so many things that you can get to go with an iPod. Yeah, iPods are a little over priced, but iPods are what I am most familiar with. I go to Amazon.com for all of my iPod needs (iPods seem to be cheaper there).
15 years 10 months ago #216

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

I have a mp3 player (30 gigs) by creative labs and both my kids and my DH have ipods of various sizes in space. My son has set up his pc to stream music through our home network through itunes.

One day I'll move up to an ipod but even though my kids tease me about what they call my "brick player" it plays ok and I see no reason in changing it out just yet. :cheesing:

RWMTD
15 years 10 months ago #217

I want one myself. I walk one mile per day on my treadmill which has mp3, cable, and stereo hook up. I seen my lil sister playing one in her car which had a cord connected to the tape deck, it looked weird so I asked her about it and she told me everything the ipod could do. Eldarwen, the price and tv capabilities was the same thing you was talking about and I thought that it was soooo cool. Well she hooked it up to my treadmill, and I just dranked some energy juice and I was walking at 3.2 miles per hour before I knew it. I did not realize I was walking so fast and I did 2 miles in 34 minutes because the musci just had me going. :relieved: I think I am going to buy one next week but I dont want one all fancy, I just want to play music while walking.

Have you all heard of Rhapsody? Well I listen to it on my pc, and I have the music running through my stereo, this is what I listen to nearly all day. I pay only $34.99 every 3 months and I think it is very cool, you guys should check it out at Rhapsody.com. I know you will like it! This was a cool thread to start because now I can hear more details about the ipods. HJM331, something told me (before I opened the thread) that you were going to post on this thread because I can picture you with an ipod...lmao!:fun:
15 years 10 months ago #218

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

If my brother would of been you, he would of purchased it in a heartbeart!
15 years 10 months ago #219

I bought an almost brand new PS3 from my friend for $300 and it came with everything. I love playing GTA on it. lol
15 years 10 months ago #220

How does he feel about that? lol

He sure does not like it, but oh well, at least I left him my computer when I moved out of my parents... Hes the type of 17 yr old that when something new is out he wants it and buys it! IT all started w/ the fat gameboy he got from santa when he was very little. Then it became the skinny gameboy, the gameboy color and so on... I swear he has had about every console except for the PS3 cause thats really expensive!!! :cool:
15 years 10 months ago #221

How does he feel about that? lol
15 years 10 months ago #222

I do not have and MP3 Player.... BUT I always jack my brothers since we listen to and watch the same things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15 years 10 months ago #223

I will be buying the 160gb model sometime soon. They are great mp3 players but somewhat overpriced when compared to the competition. Sandisk also makes great mp3 players and makes it more affordable for consumers to buy them.
15 years 10 months ago #224
  • Eldarwen
  • Eldarwen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by Eldarwen

Who has an mp3 player or wants one? I have an iPod Classic (6th Generation) that has 80 gigs on it. I love mine because I have the ability to listen to music, watch TV shows/movies and can put pictures on mine. It works for me if I have to wait in line somewhere or I have a long trip somewhere.
15 years 10 months ago #225