Are There Any True Garden Lovers Here?

• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by Meya

I am a garden freak and constatnly fail trying to plant one. Last year, I followed the correct months on the package to begin planting (two was late by 2 months). I planted:

1. mustard greens---they grew somewhat ok
2. carrots----leave grew with mini tiny carrots
3. green onions---only grew stims
4. sugar peas---grew long tiney stims that wrapped around each other
5. tomatoes---never seen them
6. wild flowers---grew pretty and died
7. bell peppers----never seen them

All kinds of wild plants grew out in my garden and killed the big pretty elephat stalks (thats what I called them) and all the rest of the blooming flowers that were out there. I was able to eat the mustard greens (my mom cooked) and they tasted so good and different from store greens. What did I do wrong? I purchased some food and fertilizer for the dirt, and kept the grass watered down. Now I have to go out there and pull everything up out the ground because it covered up my water sprinkler lines and I can no longer see it.

I always loved a pretty garden with natural grown vegetables, this is my first time with a garden or should I say backyard, and I want to grow a healthy pretty one. I want to see my progress, be able to talk to them while they grow, and sit in the backyard listening to my R&B soul music or some Kenny G blowing the saxaphone while I lay back with my coffee and shades on. Or maybe wine! Can someone please help me! I can not do another plant failure this year, I want my own farmers market.
15 years 10 months ago #31