Do Dreams Have Meanings?

Replied by FrankN on topic Do Dreams Have Meanings?

Joker wrote: I don't know very much about bitcoin, but I think that it will be a fad and you should probably stay away. I certainly wouldn't put all my money into it. Look for something more low risk. Even CDs are nice to start. They have rates higher than savings accounts but still, have low risk. The only problem is if you withdraw early there are penalties.

I am very interested to see if bitcoin last or not. I would probably invest a little, but agreed only a very small portion of my portfolio.
6 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by Joker on topic Do Dreams Have Meanings?

I don't know very much about bitcoin, but I think that it will be a fad and you should probably stay away. I certainly wouldn't put all my money into it. Look for something more low risk. Even CDs are nice to start. They have rates higher than savings accounts but still, have low risk. The only problem is if you withdraw early there are penalties.
6 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by Wanderer on topic Do Dreams Have Meanings?

Caution on investing any things one isn't learned in is a good idea. Learn what it is all about and then move forward or NOT!
6 years 9 months ago #3

Replied by CentsibleSaver on topic Do Dreams Have Meanings?

I hope not because I keep dreaming that I invested everything in Bitcoin only to have the digital currency lose all of its value. I haven't invested in Bitcoin at all, but I've thought about it. Maybe the dreams are a warning to stay away.
6 years 9 months ago #4

Replied by FrankN on topic Do Dreams Have Meanings?

I don't really believe they do, but I am certainly not the expert in this area.
7 years 3 months ago #5

Replied by MidSouthGal on topic Do Dreams Have Meanings?

I know that when dreams shake me up, I take a close look at my life because I think it is my subconscious trying to tell me to wake up regarding something. Otherwise, my husband and I have long chats about our dreams, it's hilarious.
7 years 4 months ago #6

Replied by Breakinger on topic Happy dream, please

FrugalFran wrote: Apart from being in a deep sleep, there has to be a meaning to it, like having a feeling of a lack of control over life or something like that. Maybe it happens when we feel like we need to make a change, but we haven't figured out how to make it happen.

I've always thought that too because it seems like I have these types of dreams more frequently when I'm stressed out over something that is changing in my life or when I know that I have to start something that I'm unfamiliar with. I've always thought that dreams have hidden meanings to them, but it would be nice to actually figure them out once in a while.
7 years 4 months ago #7

Replied by patse on topic Re: Do Dreams Have Meanings?

Yes, dreams have meanings. I dream of my grandparents often. The dreams are so real, like they are still alive. I do believe that a lot of dreams have meanings. I haven't figured out what they are though.
7 years 6 months ago #8

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Happy dream, please

Medi wrote: I did read once about dreams being related to our innermost feelings. I often dream about my close friends (or enemies!) and situations which greatly affect me. Sometimes it's a memory from the past, other times it's so random. The interpretation of insecurity is probably right, in that sense.

I think most dreams, if not all, can be traced back to something in the subconsciousness. Even the most secure people can have something going on deep down inside that they may not even be aware of on the surface.
7 years 6 months ago #9

Replied by Medi on topic Happy dream, please

I did read once about dreams being related to our innermost feelings. I often dream about my close friends (or enemies!) and situations which greatly affect me. Sometimes it's a memory from the past, other times it's so random. The interpretation of insecurity is probably right, in that sense.
7 years 6 months ago #10

Replied by Wanderer on topic Happy dream, please

Used to have similar dreams when I was younger but not as an older adult. Told it had to do with insecurities and that was so long ago I am not sure how accurate the information was. Sure would not want to diagnose anybody's psyche not sure if I am sane :)
7 years 6 months ago #11

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Happy dream, please

Apart from being in a deep sleep, there has to be a meaning to it, like having a feeling of a lack of control over life or something like that. Maybe it happens when we feel like we need to make a change, but we haven't figured out how to make it happen.
7 years 6 months ago #12

Replied by Medi on topic Happy dream, please

Breakinger and FrugalFran, that's so true. I still feel the sensation of 'falling' even after I'm awake. My body is jerked and tensed. I have to hold on the bed as if I'm still falling. A friend once said that it means we're in a very deep sleep state, but honestly I don't like that wake-up sensation.
7 years 6 months ago #13

Replied by FrugalFran on topic What if you're having scary dreams?

Oh, yes, I've had those dreams, Breakinger! I hate them! I've actually come close to falling out of bed once or twice because I thought I needed to stop myself from falling. It was funny after the fact, but at the time it took me several minutes to compose myself and come back to reality.
7 years 6 months ago #14

Replied by Breakinger on topic What if you're having scary dreams?

That is really scary, MEDI. I seem to dream a lot about car crashes and fires. It always seems like there is some type of disaster happening in my dreams. Have you ever had the falling dream where you wake up and still feel like you are falling and you are scrambling trying to catch yourself? Those ones are really terrifying in my opinion.
7 years 6 months ago #15