Getting someone to pay-back

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Getting someone to pay-back

Exactly the next time just say "no" and keep it moving

Ugh... It was hard for me to say no to my MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!! Has owed me about $600 for about a year... and there I go again and loan her another $500... She was paying me off but then she lost her job October 2007 and I felt bad for her. SHE KNOWS SHE OWES ME. She started working again last month... So I began askin for tha moolah! We shall see how that goes bcuz right now... IM THE ONE WHO NEEDS THE EXTRA MONEY!
15 years 8 months ago #16

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Getting someone to pay-back

Exactly the next time just say "no" and keep it moving
15 years 8 months ago #17

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Getting someone to pay-back

I am sitting here thinking about my unlce and how he has upset me over $20. I gave him $10 that he wanted to borrow, and he left with the words "I'll pay you back next Friday." I was not even trippin off of the money, I just took it as a loss. He did not show up until like 5 months later in fear that I was going to go off on him about my money. Come on now, $10! Give me a break. I was just happy to see him anyway. Well 2 weeks ago he came over claiming that he and his wife were arguing over him running the gas low and he needed to get $10 in his car to bring it back to where it was at. I was on my way to Chevron anyway, so I did not trip. He said the words again, "I'll pay you back Friday" so I just said "whatever"

Now this is what made me mad, my mom told me that he was over her house a couple of days ago and told my sister that He would take her to San Francisco, but he did not want to go by my house because he dont want to see me due to a debt he owes me. Now I am mad because I am not tripping off of that money, but the fact that he knows he owes me and do not want to come pass my house means that he had no intentions to pay me before he asked for it. Hiding from me makes me mad, just be a man about it, let me know that you will never have the money to pay me, and I will chop it off. Better yet, probably would laugh at it.

I cant blame anyone but myself, but I had to be used by people. He is a user and I dont think I want him over my house anymore

Meya, as long as he thinks he still owes you and you want your money, I don't think he will be back to your house. Just let him think that and don't tell anyone you have forgiven him his debt to you or he will be back with his hand out for more. Remember, Just say no:cheesing:
15 years 8 months ago #18

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Getting someone to pay-back

I am sitting here thinking about my unlce and how he has upset me over $20. I gave him $10 that he wanted to borrow, and he left with the words "I'll pay you back next Friday." I was not even trippin off of the money, I just took it as a loss. He did not show up until like 5 months later in fear that I was going to go off on him about my money. Come on now, $10! Give me a break. I was just happy to see him anyway. Well 2 weeks ago he came over claiming that he and his wife were arguing over him running the gas low and he needed to get $10 in his car to bring it back to where it was at. I was on my way to Chevron anyway, so I did not trip. He said the words again, "I'll pay you back Friday" so I just said "whatever"

Now this is what made me mad, my mom told me that he was over her house a couple of days ago and told my sister that He would take her to San Francisco, but he did not want to go by my house because he dont want to see me due to a debt he owes me. Now I am mad because I am not tripping off of that money, but the fact that he knows he owes me and do not want to come pass my house means that he had no intentions to pay me before he asked for it. Hiding from me makes me mad, just be a man about it, let me know that you will never have the money to pay me, and I will chop it off. Better yet, probably would laugh at it.

I cant blame anyone but myself, but I had to be used by people. He is a user and I dont think I want him over my house anymore.:upset:
15 years 8 months ago #19

Replied by tstreet436 on topic My mother always said never

My mother always said never loan what you can't give. So, chances are, if he's broke you won't get paid. But, if you really want you money back, ask for it. You just have to be direct. If you beat around the bush, so will he. Or, you can ask him to loan you some money. Whether he says yes or no, you say, "Don't you owe me $20?"
15 years 10 months ago #20

Replied by alpha on topic I tend to agree with

I tend to agree with Sophie, that you shouldn't expect to get back money from your family (or close friends). Bringing money issues into a relationship is always a way to mess it up -- try not to borrow from your friends or lend to them. :cool:
15 years 11 months ago #21

Replied by sophie on topic When you “loan” $$$ to

When you “loan” $$$ to friend and family, you will not get it back so don’t ever expect to. Just give it to them if you can and want to without any strings attached. This way it does not annoy you or BREAK UP ANY RELATIONSHIPS YOU HAVE. If you have the $$$ give it, if you don’t then don’t.

:dumbfounded:
15 years 11 months ago #22

Replied by hjm331 on topic I love that popcorn eating

I love that popcorn eating icon! It's classic! lol
15 years 11 months ago #23

Replied by Meya on topic I think we need Judge

I think we need Judge Mathis in here....lol. :fun:
15 years 11 months ago #24

Replied by dreamr802 on topic You should try to bring

You should try to bring it up to him. Tell him that you are in need of your money and that you just want him to sign a promisory note saying that he'll pay you in small incriments. Are you really good friends with this person?
15 years 11 months ago #25

Replied by Postman on topic How much does the guy

How much does the guy owe you? I think that you could go to court if this guy doesn’t intend to pay. I know that you can sue someone as long as you are right. It doesn’t need to be a large amount to be able to sue someone. I know this because my cousin is a lawyer and has told me about someone suing another because of debt.
16 years 1 month ago #26

Replied by Meya on topic My husband said "Tell her

My husband said "Tell her that you have to be honest about something before you go out to make sure that someone will accept you for who you are. Tell her that you just got out of the penitentary for "Rape & Murder!"

If you ask me, I will just crack up laughing if she said "I don't mind, the past is the past" or "Oh my God, I just got out for the same thing."
:fun: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 1 month ago #27

Replied by porgy1000 on topic Pam , I am sure

Pam , I am sure she could pay you back if she had to. No offense. Its just that she probably does not consider you the priority. She made up her own re payment plan in her mind and expects you to just live with it.

I am 47, I have lent out money plenty of times in my life. And come to think of it, I cant remember anyone ever paying me back LOL. Oh well, I guess I am a sap too LOL

About 3 years ago I lent a friend $300. I never asked for it back, but one day he said to me, "you earn more then I do, so just go work for another hour" :upset: and that will take care of the money I owe you LOL. I guess we are never too old to learn a lesson :fun:

Meya, I am willing to do whatever, if you can think of a way to get me out of this blind date I have tonight with BIG BIRD, the 6'2" giant. I think that tall of a woman will scare me, I am 5'10" LOL :scared:
16 years 1 month ago #28

Replied by Meya on topic Poargy you know you are

Poargy you know you are messy. :fun:

Now what if Pam loose? Oh my, then that means I would have to get me a plane ticket and fly to her state. Then I know it will be on with a rematch with her sis. We don't play that right Pam?
:white-flag:
16 years 1 month ago #29

Replied by porgy1000 on topic I still think that the

I still think that the mud wrestling event is a good idea. :cheesing: I am sure you can sell $300 worth of tickets :cool:
16 years 1 month ago #30