Credit Card for Teenagers

Replied by NicoleHepburn on topic Re: Credit Card for Teenagers

Choosing the right time to give their child a credit card is a difficult. Credit can help them gain financial independence early in their adult lives. But parents also guide their child about maintaining budget, so that they can't waste money.:innocent:
10 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by richhall62 on topic Re: Credit Card for Teenagers

Visa has a card called the 'Visa Buxx', which is essentially a debit card hooked up to a parent visa credit card. I believe the age limit starts at 15, so as long as hes 15 you're good to go! :cheesing:
13 years 2 months ago #2

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Credit Card for Teenagers

Did you go to a party school? It just sounds like you did!
15 years 9 months ago #3

Replied by wildrage2 on topic Re: Credit Card for Teenagers

lol...nah not for myself but to share....but now that I think about it, there probably were a few nights when I almost drank a whole 30 pack..its a miracle I ever graduated. I remember me and 5 guys on my floor used to chip in for a bottle of everclear to make jungle juice freshman year. It was something like $25 for a big bottle.....the memories of a mispent youth...
15 years 9 months ago #4

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card for Teenagers

Did you say 30 pack of beer? All to yourself?:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #5

Replied by wildrage2 on topic Re: Credit Card for Teenagers

lol..this conversation reminds me of my college years...credit card companies on campus with their little tables - giving away stupid things like t-shirts or pencil cases if you applied for the card.

I'll admit, Bank of America and Discover roped me in when I was 18...

I remember going to the ATM and taking $5 cash advances with $5 fees in order to chip in for a bottle of alcohol or 30 pack of beer.

Those were the days....
15 years 9 months ago #6

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Credit Card for Teenagers

If I had any kids, I don't think that I would be able to trust them with my credit cards. Just by seeing what happened with my sister beingon my mom's Kohl's card.
15 years 9 months ago #7

Replied by dreamr802 on topic My mom had gotten a

My mom had gotten a credit card in my name that was attached to her credit card. But it had my name on it and it was building my credit up. But I do agree with Capital One credit card. My bf got a card without having any credit history.
15 years 11 months ago #8

Replied by Meya on topic Egads You got me on that

Egads

You got me on that one! Care to share...lol.
15 years 11 months ago #9

Replied by scribbler on topic Yes Dillards does have something

Yes Dillards does have something like that, it is just linked up to your account. I will be a fool to link my account to a teenager at a store like that. I think their bras are $60, we dont want to talk about the shirts and pants.

Egads, I'd want a couple of tops or at least a decent pair of jeans for that!

I can't imagine giving my son a credit card of any kind. He'd be buying up every Playstation game or manga he could afford. At least if I gave him a Dillards one, I'd know he'd not spend it - he hates clothes shopping with a passion. :laugh: Hmm, maybe that's a good idea after all. :cheesing:

It sounds like some of you have very sensible smart kids, congrats! Wish I'd been as financially astute at such a tender age.
15 years 11 months ago #10

Replied by saurabh on topic yes it would become quite

yes it would become quite easy for him but it may prove to be risky also.He can take wrong advantage of it or he can loose it while playing with friends.
15 years 11 months ago #11

Replied by liowkc on topic Hi Meya Enjoy you weekly chat

Hi Meya

Enjoy you weekly chat session - count me out. :shocked: :fun: :laugh:
16 years 3 weeks ago #12

Replied by Meya on topic she paid me all that

she paid me all that she owed me

Cool, have a nice lesson learned. I am not going to say anything about the kid because kids can't help themselves no way. You will get your blesing from God when you help his angels. As for the adult....don't do it again Sis, let them fight their own financial battle, why do you think we are here? Sorry to hear about their dad's passing, send them my love. Until then, can't wait to the party starts tonight. Are you comming Liowkc? Or do we have to pull you out of a hat somehwere.
:laugh: :laugh:
16 years 3 weeks ago #13

Replied by liowkc on topic If you want minors under

If you want minors under your charge to have a credit card to learn financial discipline, make sure you set a good example and do not have credit card debts yourselves. Otherwise you will end up with one more kid addiicted to easy credit. :scared: :scared:
16 years 3 weeks ago #14

Replied by pamela2 on topic i know but im lucky

i know but im lucky she only likes rue21 and Aeropostale clothes. i went and spent 116.00 on her and her best friend (and no she is not like amy at all o by the way she paid me all that she owed me yay) the girls dad died of cancer and they are having a hard time and she wanted some shirts and my daughter begged and pleaded and so i got her some too. :scared: its sad
16 years 3 weeks ago #15