Facebook Stock

Replied by FrankN on topic Re: Facebook Stock

Make sure you understand the risks involved in an equity investment in Facebook. It certainty has upside, but its no where near the same risk tolerance of a savings account. The risks (and reward) are a lot higher for Facebook stock.
7 years 9 months ago #1

Replied by Moneyes on topic Re: Facebook Stock

If I had the chance, I would buy stock and consider it a savings account. I wouldn't touch it. I don't ever see something like Facebook ever losing value.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Moneyes.
7 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by Breakinger on topic Good point about MySpace.

I don't think Facebook is a fad anymore; it is definitely here to stay. I just can't believe that I started mine almost 8 years ago. I don't go on as often as I used to, but I still use it at least once a week. I think buying stock in this platform is worth doing.
8 years 2 months ago #3

Replied by FrankN on topic Good point about MySpace.

I won't argue for or against buying FB, but I certainty think the debate on whether it is a "fad" is over. Its an established network of people that connects them on the internet. It may not be in existence in forever, but my view is it is not a fad anymore.
8 years 2 months ago #4

Replied by Egghead on topic Good point about MySpace.

Still, I'd say that MS was vital to the journey Facebook has made. The key reason FB has stuck could be that it appeals to all age groups. MS was very teen orientated, wasn't it?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Egghead.
8 years 2 months ago #5

Replied by 2darnbroke on topic If it continues to expand and grow, it has a chance

I can see why many still think of it as a fad. Social media sites do tend to come and go. Look how big MySpace was back in the day - do any of you still use that site? I don't, because no one I know still uses it so it's pointless. With Facebook ads, at least I think they've started turning a profit finally.
8 years 2 months ago #6

Replied by Egghead on topic FB is solid

Up 35% in 2015, the Facebook machine keeps marching on. Despite the naysayers who love to predict it fading away as young folk chase new social media platforms, I can't see FB going anywhere fast - except up.
8 years 3 months ago #7

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Facebook Stock

Is "Facebook" going to be a fad that is replaced with something else...? Frankly, when it comes to tech oriented stocks... think about the real longevity of the company and can you make a buck fast or do you hold and hope the market doesn't chase another tech opportunity?

It's funny that you say this because most analysts believe not, it is not a fad. Personally, I believe they're all somehow influenced to create this "vision" of Facebook in our future. For example, the press is always publishing stories about how Facebook is killing e-mail. This is a load of crap; Facebook is trying to create this, in my opinion. E-mail is used in professional, personal, and advertising techniques ? Facebook lacks the biggest one "professional." For that sake, Facebook is blocked on my work computers! :fun: :fun: Also, most of my e-mail I receive is automated... how would Facebook incorporate this. I also use Apple's Mail for all my e-mail needs at home, I hate using web browsers.

I could go on and on...

By the way, they say this is being lead by young individuals. Hence I'm 20 years old.

Do we call this a myth or what?
13 years 2 months ago #8

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Facebook Stock

Very interesting. It is crazy how fast facebook skyrocketed and it is still growing in members and services. Wish I could invest in that!

Is "Facebook" going to be a fad that is replaced with something else...? Frankly, when it comes to tech oriented stocks... think about the real longevity of the company and can you make a buck fast or do you hold and hope the market doesn't chase another tech opportunity?
13 years 2 months ago #9

Replied by Jacob3d on topic Re: Facebook Stock

Very interesting. It is crazy how fast facebook skyrocketed and it is still growing in members and services. Wish I could invest in that!
13 years 2 months ago #10

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Facebook Stock

Not sure why anyone would invest in Facebook if they were selling stock.

How would it work? The more friends you have, the more money you would invest? You would sell your stock when you lose friends from your list?

Haha, no the more advertising Facebook sells, the higher your stock gets! Facebook has a genius marketing system because it uses your profiles info to provide the best ads specifically to you. Say for example, your a nurse, you'll get ads to continue your nursing education. Google is scared of Facebook because of this. After all, Google is the internet advertising king (maybe not for long?).
13 years 3 months ago #11

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Facebook Stock

Not sure why anyone would invest in Facebook if they were selling stock.

How would it work? The more friends you have, the more money you would invest? You would sell your stock when you lose friends from your list?
13 years 3 months ago #12

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Facebook Stock

The stock isn't available, since it does not yet exist to the public.
13 years 3 months ago #13
  • snyder
  • snyder's Avatar Topic Author

was created by snyder

Did anybody invested in Facebook?
13 years 3 months ago #14