Wanted to know about online trading

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Stock Market Trading Advice

According to aboutstockmarket.com/tips.html it says don't trade against the trend. however i think big players like Warren Buffett always does that, and he is successful. What do you think

The trend is (usually) your friend... Don't fight the tape... Don't fight the FED... Same thing over and over... There are opportunities, however you never want too be to early before a trend reversal, otherwise you may be the only one at the party. If you are talking about the fallout of US equities as of late, you may look at it as a correction instead of a trend, depending on who you ask. I think Buffet is a smart man and someone everybody needs to pay attention to. However, even if he knows a stock is worth $50, and it's currently trading at $40, will wait to buy it if he thinks it's going to $30 first.
13 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by mark1234 on topic Stock Market Trading Advice

According to aboutstockmarket.com/tips.html it says don't trade against the trend. however i think big players like Warren Buffett always does that, and he is successful. What do you think
13 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Wanted to know about online trading

5/20/2009
14 years 10 months ago #3

Replied by sanju123 on topic I would suggest that first

I would suggest that first you should open D'Mat account and a trading account with a bank or a company dealing in stocks and you must actually invest small amount and then only you will be able to learn and earn well.Experience is the key.
15 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by princee18 on topic i think to start with,

i think to start with, you can open an account with sharekhan.Using that you can easily understand the basics of trading and when if you feel confident you can invest a larger amount.
15 years 11 months ago #5

Replied by Ash on topic With the ups and downs

With the ups and downs in the market you will hit highs and lows.
Depending on your portfolio investment you'll either make $$$ or
maintain what you have. I think sharebuilder.com has a really good
beginners program. You can also start with a money market account
until your comfortable with branching out into stocks.
16 years 1 month ago #6
  • descorpio
  • descorpio's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by descorpio on topic You are right. One should

You are right. One should have a deep understanding of any work that he is going to do. Else it will be a fiasco however he may plan to do the job. I once decided to give my money to share brokers but then later decided not to do it as i do not beleive them.
16 years 1 month ago #7

Replied by sophie on topic I was always interested in

I was always interested in day trading myself. I don’t feel it should be done unless you have a deep understanding of how to trade and the market itself. I once have my dad $3,000 to trade for me and it is all gone.

16 years 1 month ago #8
  • descorpio
  • descorpio's Avatar Topic Author

was created by descorpio

I wanted to know about the online trading and its pros and cons of doing. What are the requisites needed by one before to start off with this. What could be the minimum investment that can be made for online trading?
16 years 1 month ago #9