A military connection could be the way to funding

Replied by FrankN on topic SBA

Joker wrote: I would certainly hope so. That seems to be the ONLY segment of our country that he really likes. They deserve some help for their families especially if they lost their lives. Seems like the least we could do for them.

Have to agree with that as well.
6 years 5 months ago #1

Replied by Joker on topic SBA

I would certainly hope so. That seems to be the ONLY segment of our country that he really likes. They deserve some help for their families especially if they lost their lives. Seems like the least we could do for them.
6 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by Moneyes on topic SBA

Curry wrote: That link no longer works.

It did for me, I just clicked on it. But like Mike said, that specific program ended 6 years ago. With Trump's new military spending budget though, I'm sure more programs like that one will surface. He seems to like Vets.
7 years 1 month ago #3

Replied by Breakinger on topic Vet Funding

This sounds like it was a great program. My dad is a Vet and I wish I would have known about this sooner because it would have really helped him out. How was this program different from the Veteran-Owned Businesses program that is offered today? Do they still help out even if you've been running your own business for a few years now?
7 years 5 months ago #4

Replied by Wanderer on topic Vet Funding

Interesting funding source. As a Vet I was not aware.
7 years 5 months ago #5

Replied by MikeJ on topic Vet Funding

It looks like this program ended April 30, 2011. Looks like a pretty good program that guaranteed a lot of capital to a lot of vets. Here's a link to it: here and here is the link that explains the programs end. It looks like the SBA does still offer services tailored towards vets, Veteran-Owned Businesses .
7 years 5 months ago #6

Replied by Wanderer on topic SBA

Reminder that the link you are all looking for goes back eight years. The VA changes programs from time to time. You may find some other program that works for your needs on the Federal Government website for the Veterans Administration or a similar Agency. Some lenders have some programs for Veterans and you may have to dig them out. Seems I read JP Morgan Chase has programs for Veterans and US Bank might have something. May take some research or even a telephone call to find it. USAA Federal Savings Bank and the Navy Federal Credit Union have offered various assists for Veterans and may be worth a shout.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Wanderer.
7 years 8 months ago #7

Replied by FrankN on topic SBA

I did the same, but was unable to find anything. Maybe they discontinued that offering...would be a shame if they did.
7 years 8 months ago #8

Replied by Curry on topic SBA

That link no longer works. I dug around in the SBA site and didn't find anything about veteran services. Maybe someone else could find it and post it?
7 years 8 months ago #9
  • scribbler
  • scribbler's Avatar Topic Author

was created by scribbler

I don't know if many people are aware of this option but if you or your spouse is involved in some way with the military, you may well qualify here to be part of this initiative. I'd never heard of it until I started looking around for ways to fund an online business and thought it'd be worth passing on.

If you're a US veteran or even the spouse or widow of one who lost their life while still in service, you can apply for the Patriot Express SBA Loan. The SBA has teamed up with lenders who will offer anything up to half a million dollars to help you start or expand your small business. Even some active military members qualify including part time ones like reservists and National Guard members. I know that the Bank of America is one company that gets involved in it. They've mentioned it on their website.

There's additional information here, hope it helps someone:

http://www.sba.gov/patriotexpress/
16 years 5 days ago #10