Home Party Business Advice

Replied by Raina on topic Home Party Business Advice

I haven't been to a home party. I gather they sell their wares to friends and family? Is there a lot of money to be made at these types of businesses? If you have a room with twenty people in it, it doesn't seem to be very profitable. How many times a week would you have to have these parties?
7 years 5 months ago #16

Replied by FrankN on topic Re: Home Party Business Advice

I would agree with that and have been invited to a few online parties
7 years 8 months ago #17

Replied by Curry on topic Sociable

If you are a sociable person, then house parties would be perfect for you. If you have a Facebook account with a lot of "friends" and contacts, then that would be an excellent way of advertising your parties.
7 years 9 months ago #18

Replied by patse on topic Re: Home Party Business Advice

FrugalFran wrote: I really dislike home parties, so I have a hard time understanding how anyone can make money with these concepts. If you do, more power to you and I'm not knocking you for it. I've noticed a lot of people have switched to hosting online parties which seems less invasive to me.

I hate home parties. I cringe when I get invited to them. I really don't know how people make money this way either. I would rather be invited to an online party too.
7 years 9 months ago #19

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Re: Home Party Business Advice

I really dislike home parties, so I have a hard time understanding how anyone can make money with these concepts. If you do, more power to you and I'm not knocking you for it. I've noticed a lot of people have switched to hosting online parties which seems less invasive to me.
7 years 9 months ago #20

Replied by Breakinger on topic Re: Home Party Business Advice

I have some friends that have done other home parties like this too. The best thing that I have ever seen done is some of them have approached local business owners on Main Street and have asked them if they could leave a display and their business cards so if someone is interested then they can get ahold of you.
7 years 9 months ago #21
  • KellBell
  • KellBell's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Home Party Business Advice

By the way, Meya, what is your zodiac sign? You seem to be like myself when it comes to money!
15 years 7 months ago #22
  • KellBell

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Home Party Business Advice

Thanks Meya. It is such a good product and EVERYTIME a lady sees these handbags, regardless of age, social status, career status, religion, color, etc. THEY WANT ONE.

I live in Buffalo and although it is Sunny and 90 degrees here right now, it definitely won't be come December through March, so I can't set up shop outside.

And if I wanted to set up shop outside of a Walgreens, wouldn't that be illegal? Wouldn't I need a permit?

You'll have to pardon me, but I live in the Northeast where there is a fee for everything, where you need a license to breathe the air.

I would love some suggestions on where I can set up shop without paying rent!

The good news is, I live by an avenue where there are many boutiques and accessory shops, so that if I did decide to set up shop in my home, it wouldn't be a problem!
15 years 7 months ago #23

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Home Party Business Advice

Do you have a garage? How about a friend that already owns a business? I dont know about where you reside, but in San Francisco, people set up little stands outside and sell products. I know one girl who sales oils and inscents in front of Walgreens and she makes pretty good money now.

One more thing, in order to stay in business, I would solicit anyone if they paid what I asked for. You never know, moms might like some of your products and want to purchase one herself. I will sell the salt out of the corn bread to make some money.
15 years 7 months ago #24
  • KellBell

was created by KellBell

Hey everyone! On top of my career, I decided to go ahead and start a home handbag business. I have to get women to host purse parties in their homes- they invite their friends, I bring my handbags, and they sell.

My policy is to NOT solicit my friends or family. So how do I generate some business? What websites and resources can I use to find trade shows and other events that I can display my handbags?

I do not have problems selling the handbags once I get them displayed and in front of people. They are beautiful and sassy. My only problem is coming up with a place to sell them!

Help!:scared:
15 years 7 months ago #25