Re: Forum Upgrade

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Forum Upgrade

I dont know if it is just me, or is someone else getting this message when they want to reply, click fg links, or click submit?

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes]

You are not connected to the Internet. The website is encountering problems.
  • There might be a typing error in the address.
What you can try]

[URL="res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#"]Diagnose Connection Problems[/URL] [/B]

[URL="res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#"]
File Attachment:
[/URL] [URL="javascript]More information[/URL]

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including]Internet connectivity has been lost. The website is temporarily unavailable. The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable. The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
[*]If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.
[/LIST]
For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds
  1. Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.
To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)
    Click Tools
, and then click Work Offline.
[*]Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.
[/LIST]
15 years 8 months ago #16

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Forum Upgrade

The Macy's card is issued by Citi. Please read this post regarding limitations on cards that can be added on FG. Note that this does not apply to the reviews or credit status program]https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=632[/URL]

FG, I understand. I don't want you to get into any trouble. :cheesing:
15 years 8 months ago #17

Hello FG, I was trying to comment on the article "U.S. Government Plans to Aid Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac" by Mary Tomkins, but when I type the characters from the image above into the text field, I keep getting errors wich states I have not typed them correctly, after trying 6 or 7 times. Here is the link you provided https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/Articles/articles/132/1/US-Government-Plans-to-Aid-Fannie-Mae-amp-Freddie-Mac/Page1.html

Thanks!
15 years 8 months ago #18
  • Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Forum Upgrade

It's weird how I used to find all the cards that I searched for. Now, if I search Macy's from the FG homepage, it will say that it couldn't find any results. Maybe FG might know something about this.

The Macy's card is issued by Citi. Please read this post regarding limitations on cards that can be added on FG. Note that this does not apply to the reviews or credit status program]https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=632[/URL]
15 years 10 months ago #19

It's weird how I used to find all the cards that I searched for. Now, if I search Macy's from the FG homepage, it will say that it couldn't find any results. Maybe FG might know something about this.
15 years 10 months ago #20
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Thanks RivasGlo! I'm glad that you're addicted! I'm here for you! :fun:
15 years 10 months ago #21

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Forum Upgrade

WAY TO GO FG!!!!!!!! Everything is wonderful!!! And this site is very addicting! LOL! ;)
15 years 10 months ago #22
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Hi RivasGlo, the join dates are now showing correctly. This did not get imported when I moved the boards. Thanks!
15 years 10 months ago #23
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

I'm glad that the transition was good. Thanks for pointing out the dates! :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
15 years 10 months ago #24

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Forum Upgrade

Everything looks good! At first I was confused cause I was used to the old one. I got adjusted to the new one fairly quick!

IDK if you have noticed but everyones join date reads "Dec 1969". I wasnt even born yet!!!!!! Lol.
15 years 10 months ago #25
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

I'm really sorry that this is the way it is, but soon we will all be on a better track than we were. Actually, the fast track! :laugh:

I just made a small tool that will erase all of your cookies on this site. Don't use it unless you cannot login & don't want to erase your cookies manually.

After clicking this link, you can login at the FN and all should be well.
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/unsetcookies.php

Thanks again!

Mike
15 years 10 months ago #26

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Forum Upgrade

Meya,

I had to delete cookies too in order to get logged into the forum.

I just love the new look and feel of the upgraded forum bravo bravo. This is fantastic!! :laugh:

See ya,

rwmtd
15 years 10 months ago #27

Thanks for the tip Meya! Let's just hope everyone can make this transformation. I like the new UI (User Interface) and it reminds me of that one other website for all your credit addicts. :cheesing:
15 years 10 months ago #28

I made it back in. I search the Finance Forum-- FAQ's and found out that I had to delete my cookies in order to be able to sign back in to the Network. Without deleting cookies, I was stuck with no page to log back in to when I clicked "LogOut." Just thought I will through a little bug in for ya!

:relieved:

I think this is a very important link for us to read because it hold so much information in regards to the New Network. Here is the link if anyone wants to take a look at it
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_cookies
15 years 10 months ago #29
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

There has been a discovery that some members may need to logout of the Finance Network, and then log back in to post. This is true especially if the FN says you are logged in, but this board says you are not.

Other notes: Use the User CP link above ( https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/usercp.php ) to control the way messages are sorted. You can specify newest first or last, etc.

Thanks!
15 years 10 months ago #30