Work From Home: Legit or Scam?

Replied by Meya on topic WAH

Well guess what? I am very happy to read this posting because it let me know that you both have your eyes and ears open. There are many of scams out there and I am proud to see that you have pinned point the 'Job Stuffing Scam." If we continue to view how companies or self scammed businesses can be pointed out, let's try and focus on the real scam that brought us here to Finance Globe. We were scammed by the best blood suckers in the world, which are banks. None of us would be here had we not fell into the manipulation of smooth talking banks. Yes, it did sound good at the moment and they do know our weaknesses, which is to get credit. Now the real question is, can we pin point our weakness and how to use those predators (banks) to beat them at their own game? Find the real bank to use, which is a crappy bank. A crappy bank that will teach us our lesson and open doors to the big bank.

Once we hit the big bank, we have to watch them as well because they are the ones who will make you fell so good with joy and blow your heads up but guess what, they are the ones who will cause you to re-shake hands with the crappy banks. Trust me, I am a witness. What they don't tell you is that economy is the ruler. When the economy takes that slippery slope, you shut down, the banks shut you down, they shut down and hop on that "Golden Parachute" (IE., take your money and profits then run). I would rather be scammed with stuffing envelopes because all they can do is laugh at you and look for the next victim. You will get over it down the line but, when the big banks get you, they do not scam you, they let you scam yourself and sometimes meet you in the courtroom. They can destroy your life, job rejections, taxes and paychecks deducted, homes lost, divorces, stress, lost of all material things and sometimes suicide. Nice thread, I would not take it away for anything because it will enlighten another victim. I was not here to change the subject, just to ease the thought of a scam and gain knowledge from what could really destroy you if you are not prepared.
8 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by FrugalFran on topic WAH

Egghead wrote: There were lots of schemes along the lines of pyramid selling. My mother tells me that there used to be ads in the classified section of local newspapers offering home-based work stuffing envelopes. Of course if you sent a few bucks for the 'information pack' what you got back was a guide to placing these ads yourself, in the hope of fooling someone else into sending the cash.

Exactly! I had a friend in high school who had a very strong entrepreneurial spirit and he ended up making tens of thousands of dollars senior year by doing this. There never was any substance to it, but it was amazing how many people sent in their $5.00 to get a little pamphlet instructing them how to con others out of $5.
8 years 2 months ago #2

Replied by Egghead on topic WAH

There were lots of schemes along the lines of pyramid selling. My mother tells me that there used to be ads in the classified section of local newspapers offering home-based work stuffing envelopes. Of course if you sent a few bucks for the 'information pack' what you got back was a guide to placing these ads yourself, in the hope of fooling someone else into sending the cash.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Egghead.
8 years 3 months ago #3

Replied by djames on topic WAH

What would you say the pre-internet perception would be? As someone who was an adult pre-internet ( ;), the only idea I had for WAH back then was building a business or doing some sort of direct sales like Fuller Brush or Avon. There really wasn't much to be had for working from home because it wasn't possible to work remotely, except maybe for those making phone calls of some sort.
8 years 3 months ago #4

Replied by Egghead on topic WAH

I can't seem to access the original blog post this topic was sparked by, but in terms of working from home, I'd say the pre-Internet concept of what those jobs were often about still has a hold in older people's minds.
8 years 3 months ago #5

Replied by FrugalFran on topic WAH

I've been working from home for seven years as a transcriber (employed by a company) and one of my best friends works from home as a manager for Capital One. I also have many acquaintances who are successfully working from home in various industries. I completely understand why some people think there are more scams than legitimate jobs out there, but it really can be done.
8 years 3 months ago #6

Replied by djames on topic Starting your own business can be a good option

If you have any skills at all, starting a side business from home can be a viable option. This can involve freelance work if you have computer skills such as writing or graphics, but can also be things you do in the real world, like dog-walking or yard care.
8 years 4 months ago #7

Replied by Sasha on topic Work From Home: Legit or Scam?

I believe there are many legitimate 'work from home' jobs. Most of the people that you speak to over the phone when calling customer service agents for any industry are most likely working from home. I believe many companies are finding that hiring work form home associates or independent contractors is one way of reducing costs.
8 years 4 months ago #8

Replied by Breakinger on topic Re: Work From Home: Legit or Scam?

I completely agree. I think that the best way to go is to do freelance work. It is really difficult to find work-at-home jobs that are legitimate and having the option to freelance for people gives you piece of mind that you are working for yourself and you don't have to worry as much about getting scammed.
8 years 4 months ago #9

Replied by richhall62 on topic Re: Work From Home: Legit or Scam?

Unless you are doing freelance work, most work from home jobs are scams! Its much easier to do freelance work anyway, you are your own boss, and make the rules. :cool:
13 years 3 months ago #10
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher