Rebate as "prepaid mastercard"

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Id just use the card

Id just use the card for gas or tell the cashier to take out the $ thats left and pay the rest another way.
15 years 11 months ago #1
  • alpha
  • alpha's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by alpha on topic Thanks! I'm glad it's not

Thanks! I'm glad it's not a "real" credit card. I saw some posts in another forum that said the companies are hoping you won't really use all the money, so they get it back. If they sent you a check, you'd just deposit all of it, but with a card it may not come out even.
15 years 11 months ago #2

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Nope its not an actual

Nope its not an actual credit card... Its just the rebate money onto a card... kinda like a gift card w. the MC logo on it and it comes with your name on it. Its easier since all you have do is activate and ur ready to go anywhere MC is accepted.

<33
15 years 11 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic no, it has nothing to

no, it has nothing to do with your credit history. A lot of companies are starting to do this because they are seeing the increase of people using credit cards. So instead of sending you a check, they think it's more convenient for the customer since they can just spend the money on one of their regular daily purchases such as gas or grocery.
15 years 11 months ago #4
  • alpha
  • alpha's Avatar Topic Author

was created by alpha

I bought some stuff and RadioShack and one of the items had a rebate form. I thought it was going to be a manufacturers rebate but it turns out to be something different. I have to fill out the form and then they send me something they're calling a "prepaid Mastercard" in the amount of the rebate.
I'm a little dubious about this -- it's money I'm entitled to, but is it really a Mastercard of some kind and will it get mixed up in my credit history?
15 years 11 months ago #5