Companies that sell services you can do yourself.

Replied by FrankN on topic Companies that sell services you can do yourself.

Joker wrote: I guess you are right there, JGibbs. Never really thought about it that way, however, what I'm trying to tell people is "Do your research on any deal that looks too good to be true" because it usually is! I know because I have been a victim more than once on different kinds of offers. Sometimes it just takes a little research to find out that it is something you can do yourself to save money!

I would be curious to hear Joker, what have you fell victim to?
6 years 6 months ago #1
  • Joker
  • Joker's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Joker on topic Companies that sell services you can do yourself.

I guess you are right there, JGibbs. Never really thought about it that way, however, what I'm trying to tell people is "Do your research on any deal that looks too good to be true" because it usually is! I know because I have been a victim more than once on different kinds of offers. Sometimes it just takes a little research to find out that it is something you can do yourself to save money!
6 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by CentsibleSaver on topic Companies that sell services you can do yourself.

Lexie wrote: I guess I'm behind the times here. I never knew that there was anything to help you get out of student loans. I have a dear friend that could use this service right now. What is the best site to access for more information?

Here's where you can find some information, Lexie. Your friend should know which option, if any at all, will apply to her student loan. Her state might offer more options too. I hope it works out for her!
6 years 7 months ago #3
  • Joker

Replied by Joker on topic Companies that sell services you can do yourself.

Just Google Student Loan Forgiveness and it will take you to the site. Use the government site to get the information since I think these companies might not tell you the correct things, just trying to get your cash. If after research they decide they could use one of these services, be sure to research them with the BBB, etc. to validate them. Good luck!
6 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by Lexie on topic Companies that sell services you can do yourself.

I guess I'm behind the times here. I never knew that there was anything to help you get out of student loans. I have a dear friend that could use this service right now. What is the best site to access for more information?
6 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by JGibbs on topic Companies that sell services you can do yourself.

Don't most companies sell things you can do yourself? I have a problem with misleading claims and outright false advertising that many marketers use, but some people are overwhelmed and want hand-holding when it comes to financial issues.

Joker, how can someone get out of their student loans? Are talking about one of the well known methods like Troops to Teachers or another Student Loan Forgiveness Program? Or, is there a neat trick they're advertising?
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by JGibbs.
6 years 7 months ago #6

Replied by Pinky on topic Companies that sell services you can do yourself.

I have received those types of phone calls myself, however, I am always skeptical and nearly always research any service offered to me to see if I can do it myself. I have a real problem trusting companies that say they can "get you out" of a particular problem. You should always research and buyer beware!
6 years 7 months ago #7
  • Joker

Companies that sell services you can do yourself. was created by Joker

I was recently called by a company that said I could get my student loan forgiven. They wanted $100 down and so much per month until it was completed. Did you know that you can perform this service yourself for free? This was meant to be done by each individual and is well documented on the web. If you don't want to get involved, and you have too much money then, by all means, go for it. Otherwise, do it yourself and save!
6 years 7 months ago #8