Financial Screensaver

Replied by FrankN on topic Financial Screensaver

Pinky wrote: I certainly agree with you on that - Excel is my best friend when trying to figure out my finances. It auto calculates, you can do charts and graffs, you can also do analysis over time. I would be lost with my Excel to assist me. I don't know if it's the best but I'm keeping it #1 until something better comes along.

Completely agree! It covers 99% of what I need to do for my personal finances.
6 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by Pinky on topic Financial Screensaver

I certainly agree with you on that - Excel is my best friend when trying to figure out my finances. It auto calculates, you can do charts and graffs, you can also do analysis over time. I would be lost with my Excel to assist me. I don't know if it's the best but I'm keeping it #1 until something better comes along.
6 years 8 months ago #2

Excel is my absolute financial friend. I would be hopeless without it.
6 years 9 months ago #3

Replied by Lexie on topic Financial Screensaver

Make a new folder on your desktop and put all icons in the folder. That way you will have only one little folder in the corner somewhere. I've done this with several items on my desktop. Works great.
6 years 10 months ago #4

Replied by Goldbug on topic Financial Screensaver

If you are budgeting, Excel is great. If you just want bullet points e.g. 1) close card X, 2) invest Y in account Z Word does fine.

@Moneyes it's not quite what you are looking for, but if you've got a spreadsheet that can convert to HTML, or a google spreadsheet online, there's an app called WallPaperWebpage that will let you set the live spreadsheet as wallpaper for your desktop. It works by selecting a webpage and making it your desktop wallpaper. I use it for share prices. Just be careful of sharing private info through it!
7 years 2 months ago #5

I would never ever use word for this. Excel is 100% the way to do it. There are more sophisticated models / software tools, but for the majority of people excel is the tool to use.
7 years 2 months ago #6

Replied by Breakinger on topic Financial Screensaver

Excel is definitely the way to go. That is what I use when I'm budgeting my finances or other things. As for creating a screensaver out of it, I never thought of doing that. That's the perfect idea for someone who wants to be reminded of how they are doing with their budget. How often do you plan on updating your screensaver information?
7 years 3 months ago #7
  • Moneyes
  • Moneyes's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Moneyes on topic Financial Screensaver

Screen capture........why didn't I think of that? Thanks FG, I think that will do exactly what I need it too.

Now.......what to do with the icons.
7 years 3 months ago #8

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Financial Screensaver

Moneyes wrote: Does anyone know of a way I can put financial goals into a word program, like Open Office or MS Word, then make it into a screensaver? That way, everything I need to do for the day is right there when I turn my computer on.

I would recommend using Excel over Word, since the program is built for equations, organizing data and charting. Here are some templates that you may want to look at. https://templates.office.com/en-us/Personal-budget-TM10000134

As far as I'm aware, screensavers on all systems are rendered as images. To convert a document or spreadsheet to image format, you could do so with screen capture. Use Alt+PrintScreen - this should do the trick. Then save the image and apply it as a screensaver.
7 years 3 months ago #9
  • Moneyes
  • Moneyes's Avatar Topic Author

Financial Screensaver was created by Moneyes

Does anyone know of a way I can put financial goals into a word program, like Open Office or MS Word, then make it into a screensaver? That way, everything I need to do for the day is right there when I turn my computer on.
7 years 3 months ago #10