FG Guide on How to Repair Your Credit

Replied by stiletto on topic Meya, how long did it

Meya, how long did it take for you. I am also just letting some of mine fall off. But it seems like it is taking forever. :worried:
16 years 1 week ago #31

Replied by rccola71 on topic Meya, I know you say

Meya, I know you say people can repair their own credit. But what about those people who would rather go to a credit repair clinic? Are they all scams or does anyone know of a reputable firm? I see lots of adds for Lexington Law. Any thoughts anyone? :confused:
16 years 1 week ago #32
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic I see that, one creditor

I see that, one creditor is starting to do that to me as we speak, but we have laws that will fight against that (in certain states).
16 years 1 week ago #33

Replied by crirep2 on topic I have seen that most

I have seen that most people are too impatient to wait for them to fall off.

Watch out just because it falls off does not mean they cannot file a judgement and extend it out a new 7 years. They re-age sometimes too.
16 years 1 week ago #34
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Well that is why I

Well that is why I thought the resource was helpful. There are some agencys that does no more than what you can do yourself. You are correct about paying off your debit, but there are some people who can not pay off their old debit because the debit was too large in the first place. I know that is going to be a long road, but it is better for individuals to learn how to do things for themselves to save money and gain financial responsibility. That is the way I had to learn, by paying for my mistakes. I will be honest with you also, I just let mines fall off because I had to many baddies which would require help from Bill Gates and Donald Trump.
16 years 1 week ago #35

Replied by crirep2 on topic I'll be honest with you

I'll be honest with you Meya, most people do not know what they are doing when they attempt to "fix" their own credit.

People should not do it themselves because they end up making things worse. Secured cards are not the way to go either, there are other methods.

People need to pay off in full their bad debts, start with the smallest first and work your way up. Then once all your bad debts are paid off then go and apply for new credit.
16 years 1 week ago #36
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by Meya

After browsing through previous posting, I stumble across a useful link that was provided and wirtten by FG. I found it very interestng a couple of months ago and I wish that I could have read this years ago.

For those of you looking for ways to repair your credit, "STOP AND TAKE A LOOK AT THIS RESOURCE FIRST!" You will be amazed to find out what you can do by yourself instead of paying costly repair fees and being scamed by some fake-repair-credit-crook. I hope you find this useful. If anyone has found this to be useful, please respond to this thread, I know it will be useful for others.
https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/CreditRepairGuide/

:fun: :cool:
16 years 2 weeks ago #37