FG Guide on How to Repair Your Credit

• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic And you got it! :laugh:

And you got it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok, mycreditkeeper lets you pull once per month and they have a score tracker that works once per month but it does not work on the exct day you pull, it has its own date. If you want to view your report on a regualr basis, then you can try turecredit.com. But they are both fako's anyway, so it doesnt make a big difference.

Your scores are going to climb up, everyone scores moves day-by-day, up-and-down so down worry about that. If you pay your bills on time and keep utilization low, they will move up. I started in the low 400's and I am now in the high 600's, which took nearly 5 years. I am not in a hurry to see them rise (let me quit lying) or should I say, I know they are going to be in the 700's so I dont stress as much.

Staying on this site keeps me motivated and less stressed about my credit, I hear stories everyday, some or worse and better than mines. But the main thing is that you all keep me motivated and to keep my financial life focused on a straight level.
15 years 11 months ago #16

Replied by happylady on topic Good morning everyone! :cheesing: Okay

Good morning everyone! :cheesing:
Okay so i signed up with mycreditkeeper.com

my scores:
FICO = 596
Experian = 596
Equifax = 538
Transunion = 588

YUK!! :scared:
So I have a LONG way to go...
But my question is how often does that site let you pull all three of your reports?? It says that it allows "daily monitoring of all three credit agencies" but does that mean you call pull your report every day? Or do I really need to do that?? Maybe it's just that if there is a change in one or all of your reports and they send you one of those alert things , THEN you can pull your report again??
HELP!! :scared: :scared: This newbie needs some wisdom here... :confused:
15 years 11 months ago #17
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Right on happy! :laugh: :laugh:

Right on happy!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #18

Replied by happylady on topic Don't go digging into something,

Don't go digging into something, you will soon smell it. "Let it go!"

:cheesing: :cheesing:

Thanks for the heads up!!
:laugh:
...will do
15 years 11 months ago #19
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic They actually bought your account

They actually bought your account from another creditor. I remember that name, but they because they bought my account from Levitz. I found out through calling them. Your best bet is to stay away from them and let it fall off of your report next year. Don't go digging into something, you will soon smell it. "Let it go!"
:shocked: :confused: :cool:
15 years 11 months ago #20

Replied by happylady on topic Hi everyone, I looked through

Hi everyone,
I looked through the FG Guide on How to Repair your Credit...it IS a really great resource! :cheesing:
I have a question on filing a dispute..can you "dispute" something reported on your credit report and ask that it be removed even if it is technically accurate?? I guess i am worried that just the act of disputing something will rattle the cage of a creditor. :scared:
For example:
On my Equifax report it shows an open account with "Arrow Services". I don't even remember who "Arrow Services" is.. :confused: I mean i assume it's right and that i had an account with them but have no clue how to verify that??
It shows:
"in collections"
past due amount = $752
date of last activity = April 2003

There is no other contact info - no phone number or acct# or anything. Can I "dispute" this and asked that it be removed??
Thanks in advance for any advice! :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #21
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic How long will these lates

How long will these lates show on my report??

7 years from the first reporting date! Well, everyone here is using many different types, but I know that myfico is the most accurate so far, but gardyman sort of put a bug in our ear about them not being what they say they are. So, I can say, pick your choice, but I hear that a lot are using what you say you have or you can use mycreditkeeper.com, they are all fako's anyway.....lol. I am seriously just thinking aobut the credit lock because I already know whats on my report, I just dont want anyone to fraud me. But as for right now I will say mycreditkeeper.com.
15 years 11 months ago #22

Replied by happylady on topic Meya, Thanks for the encouragement it's

Meya,
Thanks for the encouragement it's much appreciated! :cool:

So I went and got my FICO score from MYFICO.com...I am at 560 which I guess I was hoping it went up a little since that's what Experian had it at from Jan 07. But I did just open my Cap1 acct in Jan 08 so I think that maybe that has something to do with it. According to the Equifax report I got with the FICO score i have 2 collections...
1 for $415 (I feel so stupid!! ) from old First Premier CC
1 for $848 old cable bill (My level of stupidity is going up as I type)
The First Premier CC is showing I have 2 30 day lates and 1 60 day late (from 2003). How long will these lates show on my report??
I still would like to sign up for a monitoring service...I read through some of the other posts and I see that either truecredit.com or freecreditreport.com seem to be the most popular. Which one is better?? I would like to be able to have access to all 3 of my report and scores on a daily basis. From what I read both of them offer that. But which one is easier to read/has better customer service/most accurate scores...those types of things?? I really want to be on top of my credit from now on!! I am glad I found this site! :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #23
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic I must ask for forgiveness

I must ask for forgiveness for future dumb questions I may ask!

Uhhh, I don't know what dumb questions mean do you hjm331? Unless it is the ones I was asking about and got questions to....lol. Happylady there is no dumb questions here, you are hear to get info and that is what you are going to get. If we have to search the internet for you, then that is what it is going to take. You questions are cool and very interesting, I know how it is becasue I am actually just like you. I just had to learn how to keep my hands off the Love Button!
:fun: :fun: :fun: If there is anything else you want to know just go for it and we will be right here with ya!
15 years 11 months ago #24
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic HJM331 Response to Happylady : Hello

HJM331 Response to Happylady[/color]

Hello there happylady! I use freecreditreport.com. It's $12.95 a month and you can pull your Experian report ONLY once a day. I like it because they're info is pretty accurate when compared to the myFICO reports. Remember, when you pull your report, you get a score. The score that lenders look at is called a FICO score. You can purchase the score and report for every bureau for approx. $16 a pop.

However, if you want to look at your report daily, the freecreditreport.com should do the trick.

HJM331
ONLINE ORIGINALLY Posted]

Happylady Response to HJM331]

Thanks hjm331 for the info. I will check out that site. So for freecreditreport.com you can only check Experian daily?
15 years 11 months ago #25

Replied by happylady on topic Hello everybody, I am re-posting this

Hello everybody,
I am re-posting this here - thanks Meya for the link to this post. I got a few great responses where I originally posted - thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Hi everyone,
I am a new membe?r - just signed up today! I was online applying for a "pre-selected" offer from Citibank and stumbled upon this site. What a great site!! I am trying to rebuild my credit after years of being stupid!
I got a secured card from B of A in September of 2007 ($300). I haven't been late and haven't gone over limit although I had to charge a couple of cell phone bills on there (ouch!) so my available credit is only about $50. Then in December of 2007 I got approved for a Capital One card ($300) that just increased to $500 this month. I am excited about clearing my credit so I want to subscribe to one of the credit monitoring things (?) where you can get daily access to your scores and reports. I got my "free annual report" last month but did get my score. The last time I DID check my score (with Experian) it was 560 but that was Jan 2007. Which one of those credit monitors is the best? Sorry for the long post...thanks for reading.
15 years 11 months ago #26

Replied by countrifie on topic My wife has horrible credit

My wife has horrible credit from a previous marriage. We are trying to rebuild her credit but aren't sure how to go about it. She has paid everything that was owed except her ex husband still has a house with her name on it that he gets late on. She hasn't been approved for any new cards to try to prove she will pay. What can we do?

15 years 11 months ago #27
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Meya, I know you say

Meya, I know you say people can repair their own credit. But what about those people who would rather go to a credit repair clinic? Are they all scams or does anyone know of a reputable firm? I see lots of adds for Lexington Law. Any thoughts anyone?

Really, you can do it yourself. All you have to do is pull your own report, sit down with a cup of coffee (from my opinon) and check off all the ones that should have been removed according to SOL (statue of limitations). If you see some that are on their way to fall off in aobut 1 or 2 years, leave them alone, for the ones that are going to be there for a while, you can calll up the company and make a deal with them, when you two have came to an arrangement. Along with your agreement, you make sure that tell them, "If I make this payment you are agrreing to remove this from my credit report." Some will, some wont, but get it in writting! make sure that you use a check to pay them and in the memo area you put down, "PIF (or payments) with agreement to remove from credit report".

You don't need anyone to do something that you already know what to do. The clinic's did not establish you are credit report, you did. The clinic's did not mess up your report, you did. The clinic's have to follow the laws in order to help with your cr, and YOU DO TOO!
:fun: :laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #28

Replied by ceprateek on topic 4 1/2 years for me

4 1/2 years for me and I am still waiting for just one to fall off. We did the same thing, lord help us!....lol.

Its really a bad situation and also for one of my friend it took around 6 years
15 years 11 months ago #29
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic 4 1/2 years for me

4 1/2 years for me and I am still waiting for just one to fall off. We did the same thing, lord help us!....lol.

:sleepy: :sleepy:
15 years 11 months ago #30