• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: FG Guide on How to Repair Your Credit

6/17/2009
14 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Fixing mistakes on your credit report

You do not send in the information that comprises your credit history -- your creditors do. However, you are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained in each of the three credit reports about your financial life.
Expect that there will be some problems. Statistics show that approximately 70 percent of all reports contain at least one error. These mistakes can sometimes cause you to be turned down for a loan or to be charged the highest interest rate on a credit card.
It's not difficult to get rid of mistakes, just time-consuming. As the wheels of correction grind slowly, there may be weeks -- or even months -- of phone calls and exchanging of real mail or e-mail.
Steps to correct mistakes
There are standard procedures to get rid of mistakes on your credit report.
Report credit errors quickly. Even the smallest error could seriously dent your credit chances. If you find a mistake, send a separate letter to each agency where a mistake is found. Be sure to explain the situation in detail and include a copy of the credit report with the faulty information highlighted.
Any error that you find must be investigated by the credit reporting agency (Experian, Trans Union or Equifax) with the creditor who supplied the data. The credit reporting agency will remove from your credit report any errors a creditor admits are there. If you disagree with the findings, you can file a short statement in your record giving your side of the story. Future reports to creditors must include this statement or a summary of it.
The Fair Credit Billing Act requires creditors to correct errors promptly and without damage to your credit rating.
What is an error?
The law defines a billing error as any charge: •for something you didn't buy or for a purchase made by someone not authorized to use your account;•for something that is not properly identified on your bill or is for an amount different from the actual purchase price or was entered on a date different from the purchase date; •for something that you did not accept on delivery or that was not delivered according to agreement.
15 years 5 months ago #3

Replied by GKCUST on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

THEY SAY THAT IF YOU CONTACT THAT COLLECTION COMPANY YOU WILL CANCEL YOUR STAUTE OF LIMITATION AND THEY WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO START ONLY AFTER YOU AGAIN LEAGALLY:worried:
15 years 6 months ago #4
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Good question, but a bad answer. YOU CAN'T! They do not go by when it was open, they go by when the creditor first reported it delinquent. Judgments can last anywhere from 7-10 years and delinquent accounts last for 7 years. If you can prove that they are wrong then you write to the 3 Cb's (or online) and explain your situation. IF they find the creditor at fault, then they will remove it.

1998 is a long time, but focus on the first day of delinquent before you make a move. Creditors try to make us suffer by putting the first date of delinquent on our credit report 3 years after delinquency. :upset: Some of those might be trying to come off. Lately I have experienced baddies falling off nearly 1 1/2 years early. Kiejon9 provided some nice letters for you to write to the 3 Cb's. Here is the link:

1. Request for removal of outdated information https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=853

2. Sample pay for delete letter https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=909

3. Make them prove you owe.....Only use this step if you did NOT abuse your accounts or there is an error on the creditors behalf https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=909

Here is some information from out author Mary Tomkin's

1. Debt Settlement https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/Articles/articles/82/1/Debt-Settlement/Page1.html

2. Rebuilding Bad Credit https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/Articles/articles/8/1/Rebuilding-Bad-Credit/Page1.html

Hope this helps!
:white-flag:
15 years 6 months ago #5

Replied by GKCUST on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Hello To You
I Have A ???
How Do You Remove A Jugdement From Your Credit Report
How Do You Remove Charge Off From Your Credit Report
Old *************** Serious Delinquies From Your Credit Report
The Things Im Asking About I Open Up In 1998
Please Help If You
15 years 6 months ago #6

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Request for Credit Report

Re]To Whom It May Concern:
Please send me a copy of my credit report
My Social Security number is:
Arial]My date of birth is:
current address is: My previous address was: please find my check (or money order) in the amount of Dollars ($ ), as payment for this credit report. Also enclosed is a copy of my driver’s lic, billing statement or utility bill with my current address clearly stated.

i
15 years 7 months ago #7
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic 1. All those and you

1. All those and you are still in the 700 club? Are they all still on there?
2. So, did any of these banks issue you credit once again? JC Penney's? Or is that your original account?
3.Believe it or not, the original account limit was for $100.00! Am I embarrassed or what?

Answeres
1. I am abut 30 scores away from 700 club. Not there yet.
2. Nope this is a different account
3. I would not be embarrassed about nothing, no one is going to pay your bills but you, so dont worry about anything!
:cool:
15 years 10 months ago #8

Replied by KellBell on topic All those and you are

All those and you are still in the 700 club? Are they all still on there?

Thank you, Meya. I do not feel so awful about my Charge Offs. So, did any of these banks issue you credit once again? JC Penney's? Or is that your original account?

I would really like that Ann Taylor card. Not that I can't just go and buy clothes at Ann Taylor Loft with my paycheck or other CC's, it's just that I want the rewards.

CHASE has a rewards care for Ann Taylor, but they are too strict for the point I am at right now. I would love the store card issued by WFNNB, but I messed up with them on my 8 year old Express charge...CHARGED OFF. Believe it or not, the original account limit was for $100.00! Am I embarrassed or what?

:worried: :worried:
15 years 10 months ago #9
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Ok Kellbell, here we go:

Ok Kellbell, here we go: As far back as I can remember I know that I had these charge accoutns accounts
1. Macy's
2. JcPenny's
3. Emporium Capewells
4. Nordstrom
5. Mervyns
6. Fingerhut
7. Circuit City
8. Cresent Jewels
9. Sizes umlimitied
10. Sears
11. Daniel Jewelers (paid) just fell off report for no reason
12. Levitz
13. Time Life

These are the credit cards I can remember]
1. Sterling Bank and Trust Visa (secured)
2. Wells Fargo
3. Cross Country
4. Household Bank Master Card (Joint Account with sister) we both stopped paying.
5. I cant remember this but it was a clear card that came out back in the early 90's and everyone was getting one, they had both visa and master cards, I wonder if someone else in here reconize what I am talking about.

Student Loans from Bank of America and Sallie Mae>>>>They caught me though..lol

City and county (Judgement for tax lien) >>>>>Gone goodbye

Utilities
1. Pg&e (Pacific Gas and Electric)
2. At&t (about 3 different accounts)
3. Pacific Bell (About 4 or 5 different accounts)
4. MCI
5. MCI High Toll (Prison Collect Calls)
6. Cable Vision
7. At&t Cable
8. Comcast
9. Emergecny Bills (about 10 of those)

Loans
1. Bofa pesonal loan
2. American General personal loan
3. Wells Fargo Personal Loan (Collateral)
4. Long Beach Acceptance (totaled car out with no insurance)

Check sytems
1. Bofa
2. Wells Fargo

Whew, this is all that I can remmeber so far. Now just imaging how collection companies sell you over to others and then you don't even know who they are. That is how the one account becomes two. Don't ever do what I did, and no I did not file bk. Just imagine how many others that I received that were not in my name, me and my friends were into fraud back then. Yes I admit it and I am not ashamed of it, we used to get cards in other peoples names and just go for it, if it went through, it went through, if not ohhhh weeeelll. The main thing we used to do was switch our ssn's around and it worked.
:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:
15 years 10 months ago #10

Replied by KellBell on topic I should also mention here

I should also mention here that I have indeed taken everyone's advice- I have a HOOTERS, BB Mastercard, 2 Capital Ones for $1,000k each, 1st Premier Bank, Dillards, Kohls, Walmart, JC Penney, and I have never missed a beat on my student loans nor have I missed a beat on any of these cards...and NEVER WILL!!

Anyway, the charge offs from Discover, WFNNB, and Citibank are almost 7 years and I was wondering if they will ever issue me credit again?

I never paid my original Express charge, Discovercard (paid judgment), Citibank Student Card, etc etc etc...you get the picture.

I had a defaulted account with GEMB, yet they still issued me credit- JC Penney $200, Walmart $500, and Dillards $150
15 years 10 months ago #11

Replied by KellBell on topic For Meya I recently read that

For Meya

I recently read that you once had 50 charge offs on your credit. (Btw, GOOD GOD, WOMAN!) Anyway, I was wondering who the majority of the Charge Offs were for, did you still have the charge offs on your credit, have you ever had a judgment placed against you? If so, how many? And last, but not least, who gave you credit when you had so many charge offs??? Do you still have charge offs and judgments on your report or have they "fallen off"?

Also, was one of your cards Discover, WFNNB, or Citibank? Did these institutions ever issue you credit ever again?

I am rebuilding my credit and I would like to apply for an Ann Taylor Card next year and a Home Depot card, but I'm afraid that due to my bad history with both WFNNB and Citibank, they have blacklisted me and I will never be issued credit again! I wouldn't blame them for doing so, but it would be nice to have such cards.
:scared: :laugh: :shocked: :confused: :worried: :cheesing: :cool: :cool:
15 years 10 months ago #12
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Ps, you know that Wildrage

Ps, you know that Wildrage has a thread started for this question, and I belive you have some posting there also at https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/index.php?page=forum§ion=topic&top_id=100477
You can leave this posting here because it fits both threads. But if I were you, I would copy this posting over to the thread I just gave you so that you can get a better response. Not saying that you would not get it here. It is totally up to you. :cool:
15 years 10 months ago #13
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic That is something you should

That is something you should have requested before you paid them. Since it is frm 2006, it is going to run its course on your cb for 7 years with a measly "Paid" comment only, but the derog stays there. You can try but I doubt it very seriously if it will happen.
15 years 10 months ago #14

Replied by happylady on topic Hi everyone, OK - I have

Hi everyone,
OK - I have a "paid collection" on my credit report that I'd like to try and get removed altogether. It was an old cable bill from 2006 for $102 - I paid in full to collection agency in August 2007. From the research I did online, I have gathered that since it's paid it may be harder to get removed...but I can try writing to the collection agency and ask that it be deleted since it WAS paid in full. Is that right?? Or should I be writing to the BIG 3 agencies instead?? Any advice would be appreciated....I hope I am posting in the right place, I did a search for "paid collection" and this is the thread that popped up so here I am! :cheesing:
Thanks in advance for the help! :fun:
15 years 10 months ago #15