Dave Ramsey

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Dave Ramsey

Ooops, no you didn't :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #1
  • KellBell
  • KellBell's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Dave Ramsey

Thanks! I'll use this as an argument weapon when I want some new stilettos!
15 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Dave Ramsey

I got news for him, he makes millions of dollars from his books and radio shows, so it is not really a nesesity for him to have one.

Those are the people who talk about us with the credit cards. I was just mentioning this on another thread, people with heck of money does not turn to credit cards because they don't need to borrow something that they already have. Just like you said, we don't fall in that category, so we have to beg, plead, go through stomache butterflies and all to get some credit. It's just what Americans choose to do, or should I say have to do in order to accomplish something. :embarrassed:
15 years 5 months ago #3

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Dave Ramsey

I just thought of one more thing, there is not one size fits all for finances. You have to do what is best for your situation.
15 years 5 months ago #4
  • KellBell

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Dave Ramsey

I agree with all of you. Credit is a necessity! Just convince my husband. He's on a kick. Not sure how long it will last!
15 years 5 months ago #5

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Dave Ramsey

Kellbell, I agree with you about getting rid of credit card debt (which I am in the process of doing, especially with the current uncertainty of banks), but I must also agree with Eldarwen, because in the society/country we live in, credit is a necessity, particularly GOOD/EXCELLENT credit, and life can be very hard without it and the only way to attain good/excellent credit is by having and using it wisely.
15 years 5 months ago #6

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Dave Ramsey

I am not a fan of Dave Ramsey. Some stuff may be good, but he is against having any credit cards. I got news for him, he makes millions of dollars from his books and radio shows, so it is not really a nesesity for him to have one. A little guy like me, I care about my credit score and use my cards because I want to pay a lower interest rate for a car loan or a house. It is a good idea to follow his advice about credit cards who keep getting in trouble with them.
15 years 5 months ago #7
  • KellBell

was created by KellBell

My husband bought the book Total Money Makeover written by Dave Ramsey and it's changing our lives.

The theme of the book is "live like no one else, so you can live like no one else".

The basic premise of the discussion is getting rid of your debt. Period.

And so far, I don't agree with everything he states, but I do agree with the idea of getting rid of credit card debt. Especially in times like these. And "acting your wage".

He's very dogmatic about paying your bills by "debt snowballing" and avoiding debt by taking the reigns and controlling your spending.
15 years 5 months ago #8