good auto loan?

Replied by Meya on topic Re: good auto loan?

Oooops! Well you may not Find it On the Road Dead if you Fix Or Repair Daily :laugh: :laugh: . Ford has came up recently, their cars has came a little more reliable than what they used to be. The trucks has always out-last the cars since day 1!
14 years 1 month ago #46

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: good auto loan?

Wanderer, you got a great deal on the new Ford but with all due respect, let's hope that the truck doesn't break down before it's paid off. :laugh:
14 years 1 month ago #47

Well, I can say that Fireside stuck by me!
14 years 1 month ago #48

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: good auto loan?

All - Ford Motor Credit! Just wrote me a new auto loan today for $16K+ at 0.0% for 60 months. My fourth loan with them and the second at 0.0%. The others auto loans were in the 6.5%+ range (past loans) since 1998. They have treated me right! For a guy who had the big BK in 09/2001 where my Ford auto loan was in the loop, they stuck with me! :cash: :present:
14 years 1 month ago #49

Replied by Meya on topic Re: cancelling the loan?

now...that's an idea

That is the only method I have been financed by. Never had enough cash to pay it off....lolz!
14 years 1 month ago #50

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: good auto loan?

Greese,one of the problems homeowners are facing right now includes not being able to sell their homes due to a bad neighborhood or relocating for a job or education because they are upside down on the loan--they owe the lender more than their house is worth. If you were to buy a house and needed to sell it for any reason, then you are most likely going to struggle. If I were you, I would sit tight and see what happens. Many homeowners are wishing they were tenants instead of homeowners just because they can't sell their homes at the moment.
14 years 1 month ago #51

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: good auto loan?

Greese - no rush on the house thing. Just read that good priced housing values are geographic by nature. As the housing market flattens out some areas have NOT hit there pricing bottom yet. There is likely to be a restructure in the housing market as to price, value, size of house, affordability... we see all this hype from the banks on things are great ... right! Further reading tells you NOT much is selling as lenders have taken a pretty serious loss and people are being careful and are practicing money conservation. Not a bad thing. Over time the market will right size, some jobs or new jobs will come into play. Many "baby boomers" will leave the employment market and opportunities will exist. This takes time. Once you buy a house there are many expenses such as insurance, property taxes, lawn mowers, snow blowers, and so on. It is NOT cheap. Even though there is a tax credit (good thing) you have to earn enough for the tax credit to do you any good. Qualifying for a loan may be ok for the first time home buyer, FHA with a low down payment. I am not advocating for renting its just we need to get a total picture look. Many young people are not financially ready so its check it out first. Boy did I sound like a teacher ... oops! :sleepy: :dollar:
14 years 1 month ago #52

Replied by greese on topic Re: good auto loan?

Wow! this is a great forum. I think I can learn a great deal from here...I've read some good insights and advice. Glad I joined. :)

Car financing and mortgages are really tough decisions to make. I'm still renting coz I really can't decide yet. :embarrassed:
14 years 1 month ago #53

Replied by greese on topic Re: cancelling the loan?

Or better yet, if the car is totaled out, or burned up

now...that's an idea:laugh:

anyhow, is it a good idea to get car financing from banks?
14 years 1 month ago #54

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: car financing

I'm planning to take a mortgage to buy a house and i'm also thinking of taking a car loan. Is this a wise move?

It depends on the market. If you live in an area that was hit hard by the housing market and the prices have hit rock bottom, then a house would be a smart move right now. If you live in an area that still has falling prices then I would continue renting.

If your current vehicle is running without needing any repairs, then I would recommend keeping it. Buying or leasing a new car is very expensive and if you get laid off, your unemployment would be better spent paying for your mortgage rather than a car.

At any rate, before you buy a house or a new car be sure that you have about 6 months worth of payments set aside just in case.
14 years 1 month ago #55

Replied by Meya on topic Re: car financing

In my opinion........No!!!!! Some say purchase the house first. I say, if you already comfortable in the place you in, and if a car payment will not tighten your pockets, then stay where you for the next 60-72 months and purchase a vehicle that is durable and reliable then purchase your house later. More than likely you will wound up purchasing another car during your mortgage, but at least you will have time to feel the comfort zone of when to purchase another while making mortgage payments. You are talking about two things that are not purchased very often and you will be lucky to purchase 2 homes or 5 cars in your lifetime. So think really hard before you spend.
14 years 1 month ago #56

Replied by belle on topic car financing

I'm planning to take a mortgage to buy a house and i'm also thinking of taking a car loan. Is this a wise move?
14 years 1 month ago #57

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: good auto loan?

Good link for first time buyers, but I bet the apr is not going to be as low. Unfortunately, I won't be a first time buyer

Yes this is a good Link for first time buyers:white-flag: http://www.ccculv.org/home/cons/cre/...nce/firstbuyer
14 years 3 months ago #58

Good link for first time buyers, but I bet the apr is not going to be as low. Unfortunately, I won't be a first time buyer :worried:
14 years 3 months ago #59

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: good auto loan?

First Time Car Buyer Loans

Are you a first time car buyer? We can help! Apply for a CCCU Vehicle Loan at our "First time car buyer" loan rate.
  • Make your first 3 payments on time and get a CCCU VISA® credit card with a $500 credit line to help you build credit faster.
  • Make your first 12 car payments on time and we'll refinance your loan. We will adjust your rate to a new lower rate (if you have earned a better credit score and if our rate card is lower*). This allows the potential to lower your car payments with no refinance fees.
  • There are no application, closing costs or start-up fees on your 'First time car buyer' loan.
  • No prepayment penalty at any time.
  • Make payments painlessly through automatic transfer.
  • Inexpensive credit life and disability insurance is available.
  • Your CCCU vehicle loan will increase your Rewards Level, and possibly your next Bonus Dividend!
http://www.ccculv.org/home/cons/cre/cons_autofinance/firstbuyer
14 years 3 months ago #60