good auto loan?

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

You know I am talking all this crap and I drive a Honda Civic.... lololol....

I would much rather see someone being real and driving a Civic rather then buy an expensive car just for status. I don't care what brand it is, all cars get old and very few retain value or status after 10 years.
14 years 10 months ago #106

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Auto Loans

That would have worked pre"-crisis" but it may be very tough for her to refi. Even if she does, she'll only save about 40 bucks a month and it won't make a hill of difference.

Plus those buy here pay here place will....not treat her so nice (to put it very kindly). Linda, please don't get into a high interest loan for a car. It really is not worth it.

I am not to sure, cause I am waiting like you to be in the 700 club before I pop my head back into the dealership again, but I have a friend at work that just bought a Saturn Vue (and he has pretty bad credit too). It was used and I think it ended up only being 6K for the car and he got financing from some1 for like 16.9% interested....

Thats not too bad lol....
14 years 10 months ago #107

Replied by CG101 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

26, but getting to 30 it feels like lol. I bought the car, because believe it or not the payments are lower than most were at the time, good gas mileage and will take you to 200K+ miles.... So basically, laugh away..... lol

The Civic is a nice car, but just that I see to many kids and chicks driving them. An Accord is a much more "grown-up" car. Definitely got the mileage going for you.

You did make my point though ;-) Once you get to 30, your credit should be much improved to get your real ride.
14 years 10 months ago #108

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

If you are over 30, than I would definitely be laughing at you. Only two kinds of people (IMHO) drive Civics. 1) Children (20s and below) and 2) Women (age is irrelavent).

If you are in fact over 30, then I do sympathize as I'm sure that's your point A to point B vehicle. In fact, I would drive a Yugo (if I could find one) if it meant I could get to wherever I need to.

So in retrospect, maybe I wouldn't laugh at you....but if we were both in well off places, then the laughing would stand.

26, but getting to 30 it feels like lol. I bought the car, because believe it or not the payments are lower than most were at the time, good gas mileage and will take you to 200K+ miles.... So basically, laugh away..... lol
14 years 10 months ago #109

Replied by CG101 on topic Re: Auto Loans

It may a little embarassing, but go to the dealership and just tell them your credit situation and see what they can do.... they have all different types of companies that will buy ur loan (but your going to pay for it in interest) if thats the case, make your 1st 6 payments on time and go back to the dealership and they will re-fi the loan for you and can almost split the interest rate in half.

I am not to sure where you live, but around my place there are all kinds of 'buy here pay here' dealer lots. if you dont feel comfortable going to the dealership you can always go to one of those, I know a lot of people who have done that.

That would have worked pre"-crisis" but it may be very tough for her to refi. Even if she does, she'll only save about 40 bucks a month and it won't make a hill of difference.

Plus those buy here pay here place will....not treat her so nice (to put it very kindly). Linda, please don't get into a high interest loan for a car. It really is not worth it.
14 years 10 months ago #110

Replied by CG101 on topic Re: Auto Loans

On the real, I am that cat that you would say (or have said) "Oh no he didn't.." to which I'd reply "Oh yes, I done dididy did, sista-girl."

Seriously though, I was reading an article some time back that out west, particularly Cali and NV was having A LOT of that done because of the economy. All cops would have to do in NV is troll the deserts after they get the call of a "stolen" auto, and it would be like magic they'd find the guy's vehicle....
14 years 10 months ago #111

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Auto Loans

rflmfao!
14 years 10 months ago #112

Replied by CG101 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

You know I am talking all this crap and I drive a Honda Civic.... lololol....

If you are over 30, than I would definitely be laughing at you. Only two kinds of people (IMHO) drive Civics. 1) Children (20s and below) and 2) Women (age is irrelavent).

If you are in fact over 30, then I do sympathize as I'm sure that's your point A to point B vehicle. In fact, I would drive a Yugo (if I could find one) if it meant I could get to wherever I need to.

So in retrospect, maybe I wouldn't laugh at you....but if we were both in well off places, then the laughing would stand. :cheesing:
14 years 10 months ago #113

Lolz!! I think a lot of us went through that scenario, I had the same thing happen to me when I purchased a 96 Neon. I was so upside down on my payments until I had to pay $5k to get into a 97 Mitsubishi galant. We are all basically upside down in the first few years anyway, but I clearly understand where you are coming from Buddie. Being offered a refi with only 5% is a miracle, but two faced with having to pay $6,500 for it. Only thing I can say is...........

[URL="http://www.west-norfolk.gov.uk/images/burnt%20out%20vehicle.jpg"

[/URL]

]

I think that's my car lmao.....
14 years 10 months ago #114

you guys are scaring me.
I never had a problem getting a car loan.
I actually can get some repairs on mine right now and go on..it has 109,000 miles but it looks pretty good and the repairs may cost about $500.I need a couple new tires though.
The only thing is my daughter is coming home from college in 2 weeks and she needs something to drive. She drove it before she left and didn't have a place for a car at college so it stayed home with me.. I was driving her fathers car..well he wrecked it and bought another car and said he would repair it and give it to us to use..Now he says it might cost too much and he may junk it.
I filed bankruptcy 7 may 2007...since then I have no lates on my credit report but like I said I have a bankruptcy and all the like 5 derogatories from accounts it included and a small medical collection on my report.
But my utlization on my cards is high...I have 7 total..5 are high..2 are less than 10%..don't know if I can wait to buy a car so I can pay them down.I was told it may not hold me back from a loan but the negatives will.
I have had 6 car loans in my lifetime..always paid on time..the last one still shows on my report..4 1/2 years ..no lates..but changes in my credit history is going to affect me big time.
What do you guys think I am looking at as far as an interest rate? and what direction should I go in?

It may a little embarassing, but go to the dealership and just tell them your credit situation and see what they can do.... they have all different types of companies that will buy ur loan (but your going to pay for it in interest) if thats the case, make your 1st 6 payments on time and go back to the dealership and they will re-fi the loan for you and can almost split the interest rate in half.

I am not to sure where you live, but around my place there are all kinds of 'buy here pay here' dealer lots. if you dont feel comfortable going to the dealership you can always go to one of those, I know a lot of people who have done that.
14 years 10 months ago #115

I can relate to you. I'm from North Jersey myself, so I feel your pain. So you are no doubt familiar with the spot financing, which I was subjected to on the second car. They wanted me to cosign myself, I told them no. I told them that their "Jedi-mind tricks" will not work me, since I already have possession of the car and that I will pay the agreed upon payments. I was desperate enough to pay since I make a decent living (After July, it will be 81k, but when I got the car was about maybe 10k less, maybe 11 but it helps that I work for state government [which I'm sure you have your own opinions about, but I assure you, I'm not a typical state government employee...I DO WORK

). It isn't even so much that I hate my car, as it is that I would never have had this car in my top ten, top twenty, or even top 30. The part of Jersey I live, I was able to survive on public transportation for 5 years, going on 6. After awhile though, enough is enough. I would never drive into the City, but really, how often do I go to Manhattan? I've always lived so close to it, I take it for granted....

In a way though, it's good (and bad) that we both were able to get into the deals we got when we did. If it had to happen today, it would be nearly impossible or at best difficult. Now, with the way our scores are after some good history, the dealer no longer has the power. I can have him/her litterally kiss my behind when the time comes. I'm not even joking...I am forever angry at the scumbag salespeople at the dealerships. To get not only the car I'll be proud driving, but at the price that I got AND at a loan that I can truly be comfortable paying because I have the scores and the quotes of what I want.

People like my car, but people who don't know me but know of my personality don't understand why I own that car, so they may or may not assume that this is my bad credit car. When they see the next ride, I can proudly say I own that car. That's what I want and it will take time, but it will happen.

As for Cap1, I will call them on Monday and see if they will deal with financing 100% of a upsidedown loan before I risk another inq. OR, I may save them for new car loan and just ride the year out hoping my case finishes by year end. Cap1, BOA, and a credit union (or 2) will be who I shop with when that happens. No more dealers or those websites that will shop 100 dealers at a time.[/quote]

Yes, that is the beautiful thing about living in North Jersey, I am from Elizabeth but have also lived all over, and its actually not that bad having a car because everything is so close and public transportation is cheaper and less of a headache (traffic sucks lol).

I totally feel your pain, I will never forget 2 years ago when I went to the dealership to get this car, I think they pulled my credit and they about fell out of their seat from laughter.... the sales guy basically told me, if you cant find a co-signer, I have 1 company that will do the financing for you, but you have to give the company your spare key. I couldnt believe that was a stipulation for the company to buy ur car loan.

I agree, if you can get in with a credit union or your other financial institution, take that route 1st before going to buy a car, you will save yourself all types of points on the car note and it gives you more buying power.
14 years 10 months ago #116

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Auto Loans

my bankruptcy was discharged..august 2007..so no one will finance me?
I'm confused..people seem to get car loans all the time after a bk..mine was discharged like I stated..I know the interest will be high..if too high..I won't do it...but I can get one right? maybe not with a bank I realize that..but some joe blow out there will right..? I won't pay 24%..thats ridiculous..but I know it wont be 4.9!!lol

People getting loans after bky was before the housing crisis of 2008-current and I am sure they still paid dearly for their loans. You may be able to obtain a loan but expect to have to put down 10% or more and still have a rate up to 19%.

Do you have a credit union? If so, you should talk to them and see what they have to offer you. Your other option might be to go to Car Max, Drivetime (Approved, Approved Approved!) or Bar None.
14 years 10 months ago #117

Replied by LindaLu on topic Re: Auto Loans

my bankruptcy was discharged..august 2007..so no one will finance me?
I'm confused..people seem to get car loans all the time after a bk..mine was discharged like I stated..I know the interest will be high..if too high..I won't do it...but I can get one right? maybe not with a bank I realize that..but some joe blow out there will right..? I won't pay 24%..thats ridiculous..but I know it wont be 4.9!!lol
14 years 10 months ago #118

~Ohhhh yes lindalu, just wait, trust what we are saying!~
14 years 10 months ago #119

Guuurrrrrlll, don't think I haven't thought about it. I do know people....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: it happens everyday out this way, especially with homes. You are so crazy!
14 years 10 months ago #120