Countrywide - letter about info being sold

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Countrywide - letter about info being sold

FYI: It was BOA that bought out Countrywide.
15 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Countrywide - letter about info being sold

The dealer will pull first so I am pretty sure that since they have all of your info in front of them, it should make everything else go well when they get ready to send it off to other banks (if you are not approved by them). When I had my alert on my cr, I called in and had it removed because no one would let me have a card. The cold part about it is that I was only doing a dispute and they put the alert on there themselves. It was a nice thing to have, but at the time, I was on a rampage with approvals.
15 years 7 months ago #2
  • lisascakes
  • lisascakes's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by lisascakes on topic Re: Countrywide - letter about info being sold

No problem Meya! Thanks for the clarifacation. We are not looking to get any more cards in the near future but we will need to get a car loan in about 9 months. Does the fraud alert stop us from getting any get or just mean that we have to prove we are really us?

My dad had some health issues today so I had to handle that & did not get a chance to call the CB's yet.

What if we just signed up for the Triple Credit for two years and see what happens & maybe add the fraud alert before that is dropped. My thinking in this is if we get daily updates from Triple Credit then we would see anytime a report was pulled & could stop it before the crooks had a chance to do damage. Any & all feed back on this is welcome.
15 years 7 months ago #3

I understand that part - I was wondering if we put a fraud alert on the credit reports does that have a negative effect on the score?

Sorry for misunderstanding you lisacakes, Kiejon is correct, no it will not have a negative affect on your score, but it will affect you getting an approval from creditors. They see the fraud alert and they halt the approval process. If you are not looking for any credit cards no time soon, then you are all in the clear. Hjm331 and I are looking into credit lock (Freeze), it seems to be more secure than all the rest. I wonder if somene will really get arrested if they try to use my identity? hummmmm, I would love to go to court and meet them :laugh:
15 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Countrywide - letter about info being sold

Aw man lisacakes I am so sorry to hear about that
15 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: Countrywide - letter about info being sold

Thanks KIEJON9 - I knew you guys would know the answer. I will be calling the numbers in the morning & signing up for the credit service for a couple of years. Damn- we have been working so hard to get back on track - we don't need some crazy screwing up again!

yes call in the morning
15 years 7 months ago #6
  • lisascakes

Thanks KIEJON9 - I knew you guys would know the answer. I will be calling the numbers in the morning & signing up for the credit service for a couple of years. Damn- we have been working so hard to get back on track - we don't need some crazy screwing up again!
15 years 7 months ago #7

this what I just look up
15 years 7 months ago #8

I understand that part - I was wondering if we put a fraud alert on the credit reports does that have a negative effect on the score?

No by adding a fraud alert it well not effect your score
15 years 7 months ago #9
  • lisascakes

15 years 7 months ago #10

IF someone has your info and does damage with it, YES it will affect your score. If they caught the person in time and no damage was done then NO your scores will not be affected. Having your credit report damaged by baddies is the worst thing on earth, make suer that you have an alert or a credit freeze to prevent such hideous actions.
15 years 7 months ago #11

Has anyone else gotten a letter from Countrywide about personal info being sold by an ex-employee. They are offering 2 free years of membership with Triple Advantage Credit. They are also suggesting a fraud alert on our credit reports - does this effect credit scores?

thank you for the Info
15 years 7 months ago #12
  • lisascakes

was created by lisascakes

Has anyone else gotten a letter from Countrywide about personal info being sold by an ex-employee. They are offering 2 free years of membership with Triple Advantage Credit. They are also suggesting a fraud alert on our credit reports - does this effect credit scores?
15 years 7 months ago #13