New scam -- German, YouSendIt, small amount

Replied by Moneyes on topic Same Old Song And Dance

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Here we are, 8 years later, and the scams keep coming because people still fall for them.

There is no easy money people......be aware.
7 years 9 months ago #1

Replied by FrankN on topic Some are plausible.

That is unfortunately true. Its a numbers game for these people. They send out as many as possible, and just try to get a few to fall for it.
7 years 11 months ago #2

Replied by Egghead on topic Some are plausible.

I completely agree that some of the emails are so far fetched anyone falling for them almost deserves to be scammed. The problem is that as these schemes evolve they are becoming more feasible, and harder to spot.

I suppose they only need to 'get' one person a week each to make a nice living from this.
8 years 2 weeks ago #3

Replied by patse on topic King Solomon? Wasn't he a

Ha ha. She answered all the spam email like it was him answering. That is harsh. I've never gotten any emails from any king. I wouldn't fall for it anyway. These people are sure crazy. I wonder how many people fall for this daily.
8 years 3 weeks ago #4

Replied by Breakinger on topic Re: New scam -- German, YouSendIt, small amount

Thankfully, I haven't received any emails like this, but if I did I wouldn't play into it. I can see where some people would, though. There have been scams in my area that I've heard of that love to pray on the elderly. They pretend to be a relative that is stranded somewhere and they need money right away. It's sad the way these people need to victimize certain groups of individuals.
8 years 3 weeks ago #5

Replied by Egghead on topic Re: New scam -- German, YouSendIt, small amount

Nigeria isn't a poor country, but there is inequality between groups who live there. Those at the poor end of the economy only need hook one person in a thousand to get a decent return on their time.

Sometimes the ridiculous stories just happen to hit right. I recently read about the scam where they hack an email account and send messages claiming the sender is stranded abroad after being mugged. The details just happened to match in the case featured, and several people lost money sent to 'help'.
8 years 3 weeks ago #6

Replied by Meya on topic Re: New scam -- German, YouSendIt, small amount

5/20/2009
14 years 11 months ago #7
  • Scribes
  • Scribes's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Scribes on topic I usually get emails regularly

I usually get emails regularly that say a rich man or businessman has just died and he has a huge amount of money in that particular bank. They cannot withdraw the money because of some problems so that's why they needed my help. They then instructed me to contact a certain person whose email and telephone number were indicated in the emails. Good thing I don't have the money to spend for the processing, otherwise I would have been scammed as what happened to a guy in the neighboring town whose father's retirement benefits went up in smoke. He was able to go to Argentina and was shown the papers but when he returned, he didn't heard from his contact since. His father's benefit that amounted to million in local currency just disappeared.

It's really sad. What I don't get is, if the Nigerians are so poor and destitute, why destroy other peoples' lives AND sabotage their own oil reserves with terrorism? That's what I don't get. Sometimes I think these people cry with a loaf of bread under their arms.
15 years 11 months ago #8

Replied by Meya on topic How do they get into

How do they get into our non-spam folders?
15 years 11 months ago #9

Replied by felics on topic I usually get emails regularly

I usually get emails regularly that say a rich man or businessman has just died and he has a huge amount of money in that particular bank. They cannot withdraw the money because of some problems so that's why they needed my help. They then instructed me to contact a certain person whose email and telephone number were indicated in the emails. Good thing I don't have the money to spend for the processing, otherwise I would have been scammed as what happened to a guy in the neighboring town whose father's retirement benefits went up in smoke. He was able to go to Argentina and was shown the papers but when he returned, he didn't heard from his contact since. His father's benefit that amounted to million in local currency just disappeared.
15 years 11 months ago #10
  • Scribes

Replied by Scribes on topic Thanks buddie! They do the same

Thanks buddie!

They do the same thing over here scribes. This is why I am having a hard time enrolling my 11 year old in Paul Revere College Prep Middle School. I am so mad at how they cheat our school system, because my friend lives in Antioch, CA which is about 40 miles from San Francisco, she uses her sister address out here to keep her child in that school. I am so mad until I just want to go off and tell the truth, but I can not do that.

And it's really not a matter of race at all. It's a matter of income. If some of these major cities would get off their BUTTS and HELP the poorer, worn down places, we wouldn't have so much crime and punishment. God help me, I'm not racist. I'm income-ist. :scared:
15 years 11 months ago #11

Replied by Meya on topic Thanks buddie! They do the same

Thanks buddie!

They do the same thing over here scribes. This is why I am having a hard time enrolling my 11 year old in Paul Revere College Prep Middle School. I am so mad at how they cheat our school system, because my friend lives in Antioch, CA which is about 40 miles from San Francisco, she uses her sister address out here to keep her child in that school. I am so mad until I just want to go off and tell the truth, but I can not do that.
:upset: :upset: :suicide:
15 years 11 months ago #12
  • Scribes

Replied by Scribes on topic I think that makes you

I think that makes you quite an extraordinary woman, Meya. I live not far from a very undesirable street that harbors drug dealers, prostitutes, gang bangers and the usual ilk. Last summer, a police officer was shot and killed for the first time in 60 years on that very street. I heard the gunshots. Our city used to be a really nice, integrated area, voted one of the best places to live in the U.S. at one time. Now I'm not so sure what we've got. I blame resoundly the people of East Cleveland who cheat the school systems by moving their kids in with families in my city. It's the oldest dodge in the book. Sadly, these East Cleveland kids bring the gangs, drugs and the guns with them. :-(
15 years 11 months ago #13

Replied by Meya on topic Raised in the Bayview Hunter's

Raised in the Bayview Hunter's Point (H.P.) or some call it West Point. What makes it so bad is that amex red flag the areas of my residence. We just moved from a Townhouse that was only fenced off from the housing projects. I stayed on the end, so when shooting occured (they already pre-sawed three bars off) they would come running past my patio or my car port. I had bullet holes in my passenger door where they had a shoot out, and leaning against my car for shelter. Do you think the city paid me for it? HECK NO! I just took my kids out of the car, this is how I know the cameras were bull crap.

We struggled to get the house that we are in now and the landlord worked with us on the rent (she is a member of our church) so we basically pay her mortgage, but we have a house now and we are not as close to where we lived before. Are we out of danger? Heck no, they come flying down the block from us to get away from a shooting, we are on a trail to the nearest hide away where they can scatter. About 6 months ago, I couldn't get in my house because of a high speed chase that left gun fire and a deadly shooting. Why did it have to be 3 houses down from me? Ohhhhh lord, I can't wait till I get into the country (slower pace life).

Scribes I was raised in those same housing projects. I do not hide where I come from and is not ashamed of it, I know where I am headed and that is all that counts. I had my share of the ghetto life and I do not regret it, it sort of contributed who I am today. I turned a complete 360 on that life, but I still have my u-don't-wanna-mess-wit-me ways. Don't get me wrong, I still have my thug partners, you never know when you may need back-up. Heeeelp, I thought I was going to need them after I turned on my club members....lol.
15 years 11 months ago #14
  • Scribes

Replied by Scribes on topic If I received an email

If I received an email like that, I will fall out laughing because they will have to find a way in and out of my hood without being shot to death themselves.

You have a 'hood'?! Wow, you just get more and more attractive. :D I have a distinctive Mafia childhood myself. By that I mean, I was offered a job by a guy working for the Mafia to be his errand boy when I was 22. THANKFULLY a week later, I worked for computers. Wow, where my life could have been... Me, the Aluminum Don...lol. Turns out that guy was arrested about 6 months later for racketeering so I guess I made the right choice, yes? :cool:
15 years 11 months ago #15