Credit Scores

Replied by MaryM on topic Checked my score this morning

Checked my score this morning and it went down 5 points. I don't get it. I havent' applied for anything since last month and actually got a credit card increase so my ratio should look even better. I figured it would have gone up because of that. :worried:
16 years 1 month ago #466
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic You are right HJM331. This

You are right HJM331. This is starting to be an important topic, I think you should start a club for postings like these (ie, best way to build credit) actually there is one that is already here but is not being used. You should just take over that one. Ask the owner of the club to add you as a moderator to it and then you could go from there. I have seen you answer these questions on the credit card review board and in here a lot of times. I think this will be beneficial for the new members that are building/rebuilding credit. Tell me what you think!

If you do decide to do it, please let me know so that we can work together to re-route the postings here to the club. There are a lot of New Topics here under this category and they are starting to become duplicates. Not that anyone has does something wrong, they are just not familiar with the board as of yet and that is to be expected. I really think this will be a cool Idea and a great way to meet new people.

Ps, I just double checked the clubs.
1. Rebuild Your Credit is owned by FG and I believe that this is the one that he asked for someone to volunteer as a moderator. I think you will be a great candidate for the club.
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/clubs/rebuild/

2. Maintaining your credit is also by Fg, take a look at this one
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/clubs/maintaincredit/

3. Credit Card and scores is by SthepNY, I think this club speaks for itself in regards to what our credit scores was when we recevied a certain card.
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/clubs/scorecard/

I think that bringing everyone over to the "Rebuilding your credit" Club will be your best shot.
16 years 1 month ago #467

Replied by hjm331 on topic Stiletto, I tell everyone the

Stiletto, I tell everyone the same thing when they ask this question and it's a one word answer: TIME! That's the only your scores will go up. Make sure you make your payments on time and don't go over your limit and you will be fine. I know it's hard waiting for your scores to go up but you have to look at the brightside. You said that your scores were in the 400's and now they're in the 500's? That's really great news. Before you know it, they will be in the 600's and GOD willingly in the 700's. Good luck with it, we will all be here to support you through this never ending process.
16 years 1 month ago #468

Replied by stiletto on topic I have been working on

I have been working on my credit score since 2006. I have an Orchard Bank Mastercard that I pay in full every month and a BoA secured Visa that I just opened. I had 2 First Preimer credit cards, but closed them out because of their crazy fees. I started out with a score in the high 400's. Now it is in the mid to high 500's. My question is "How did you do it"? Did you pay off all of your old debt? Please advise. I am getting a little frustrated. What else could I do? I have paid alot of the old debt off. Just need a little uplift from someone who have been in my shoes. :worried:
16 years 1 month ago #469

Replied by sophie on topic The most important thing I

The most important thing I can say is that you must check all three agencies because if you don’t your liable to be missing something and then when you actually try to purchase an item they may only check the one you did not.

16 years 1 month ago #470
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Hi Tracy! There is many

Hi Tracy! There is many questions about removing inquiries from your credit report that seems to not be a problem when people apply for credit. When you read something on line (or anywhere) that may have worked for someone else, it does not mean that it will work for you. It has been posted on forums that nothing happend for a lot of individuals who went this route. Also there has been numerous postings about people running around her cry becasue their credit report is all messed up because of what they tried to do to remove the inq.

Ohhhh noooo, dont cry now peoples, dont go and call all 3 cb's to help repair your report now, this is just like a bank robber who was caught and now pleading to police to let him go home and crying to the judge saying "Im sooooory, please your honor, I wont do it again!"

There is a cost when you try to remove inq through pulling your credit reports on a daily basis, you can actually split your file. This is something that you do not want to happen if you are "rebuilding" your credit because you do not know which file that a creditor will be looking at when you apply for something. One file may be bad and another good (or a mixture), and let's say that you did not have any baddies on your report but have a mixture of longterm credit history and short term history. If the file splits, the long term history can be seperated by the short term history, and when you apply for credit, the creditor might only get the short term history credit report and they will simply tell you that you dont have enough credit history and your scores are too low.

This can happen with tu and eq only, experian is not going for the bs when it comes down to dropping inq, they have a big enough file waiting for you. What people dont seem to realize is that creditors knows what you are doing when you pull your report everyday, they see the "new acounts" and "no inq" from it. If you are trying to rebuild credit, it takes time, more time than it will for a 2 yr inq to fall off. If you just purchased a car, I dont care if they caused you to have 50 inq from it, the cb will narrow it down to one in 30 days, if they don't then call in to dispute it, I am positive that they will remove the other 49.

If you want to know more about the question you asked, google it up and i bet you will see the same thing I just told you. If you are looking for support to help rebuild your credit you have came to the right place, we love to stay by our fellow members and share real world credit experiences. I am doing the same myself and it has taken me over four years to get my financial act together (maybe shorter for others) and I enjoyed every minute of it. Members here have shared so much valuabe info until I feel like a prof financial analyst ( I wish). Welcome to the Finance Network, there is a lot of info for you to read upon, take your time, we are not going anywere....lol. Ps, any response that you make will be seen by everyone, no matter how long ago the last posting was. Dont worry about where you put the first posting, you did the right thing and you will get used to navigation real quick.

Hope this helps!
:fun:
16 years 2 months ago #471

Replied by Tracy on topic Ok, I'm not sure if

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the place to post this question, but I did read that it's better to reply than start a new thread so here goes:

I told my best friend about this site because both of us are trying to rebuild our credit. She said she read something about [edited] on another website which is supposed to help remove inquiries from your credit file?

Have you ever heard of that? If so, what is it and does it work? We were talking about how I pulled my reports a few days ago and found out that there are about 10-12 inquiries from where I went to two car places trying to get a car. I was trying to decide which would give me the better deal so I let both of them pull my credit report. I still don't know why each dealership pulled like 5 or 6 each. It's ridiculous! Anyway, let me know if you've heard of this [edited] thing, whether it works and if so, how to do it....

Thanks!
16 years 2 months ago #472

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Thanks Meya. I know that the

Thanks Meya.

I know that the resource can be a beginning of a new category. I mainly posted this for the club, but I hope that people will not overlook this when trying to improve their credit.
16 years 4 months ago #473
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic You might find the latest

You might find the latest resource from Finance Globe interesting in this matter]https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/CreditRepairGuide/[/URL]

Hey Mike, thanks so much for the info! I found the entire linkage to be helpful for all of us that are thinking about credit repairs. I love to read the articles, and give feedback to my girl Mary Tompkins, she know that she has her facts well put together.

I wish I could have read this article a couple of years ago. I think my scores would be a little higher than what they are now. :dumbfounded:
16 years 4 months ago #474

Replied by Finance Globe on topic You might find the latest

You might find the latest resource from Finance Globe interesting in this matter:
https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/CreditRepairGuide/
16 years 4 months ago #475
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Another exciting message! Experian has

Another exciting message! Experian has released my judgement. Now it is all about TU, they keep holding on to it like they is married. My scores went up 7 points only fromt he removal, but it beats nothing. I moved my scale on my profile from 597 to 604. I am basically stuck with 2 medicals, and one credit card that was from Cross County Bank. Is anyone familiar with them. I remember when my highest limit was about $700. When they was through with me, it was nearly $1300 or $1400, geesh. But, that was the old days, I am not going out like that anymore.

Now for the question! Why do my scores take so long to go up? I am down to paying off 3 cards with 50% utilization on all. The other 11 is paid off except for ICON because that is an installment plan. When I went on a credit benge, I used 70%, left it there for about 2 months and then paid them in full. My scores only went like 3 points after paying them in full. What is up with that? After I pay my last 3 cards off, I do not plan on using them agian. I am just happy to be back in the credit game again, but I am so used to using cash becuase I was away from the credit world for so long. I think that those new low limit cards are hurting me. I hate I got those cards, the limits were like 500 and below, except for Hooters, they showed me some love.

Answers anyone? :scared: :confused: :dumbfounded:
16 years 4 months ago #476
  • BrentO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by BrentO on topic Intresting, got an email alert

Intresting, got an email alert from myfico.com said my Equifax score went up 4 points to 640, OK thats good. Checked all three of my scores at truecredit.com and the equifax is at 587 (lowest of the 3) TU being 590 and experian being 592. Wonder why the difference of 53 points on equifax.
16 years 6 months ago #477
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Waaahhhhooooo! Guess what everybody, "MY

Waaahhhhooooo! Guess what everybody, "MY EQUIFAX IS CLEAR OF PUBLIC RECORDS." They were due to be clear as of January 08' but when i pulled my credit files today, one was gone. Here is what I have left:

Trans
1 judgement (released in 1999 for $1306), 1 credit card charge off $1200 since 2001

EXP
1 judgement (released in 1999 for $1306), 1 credit card charge off $1200 since 2001, 2 medicals $336 & $117 from 2002

EQFX
, 1 Credit card charge off $1200 from 2001, 2 medicals $336 & $117 from 2002

I think it is weird that Trans dropped the medical last year. It was not due to fall off until 2008 or 2009. EXP and EQFX is gripping it like they are going to come and knock on my door. I could have disputed this because it was my sons medical that was paid for by his dads insurance, when his dad and I split up, it was too hard to deal with disputing.

I should be in the clear around 2008 or 2009 for everything. I will try hard to never go down this road agian. I am so happy you guys because the judgements seems to last forever. I have watched at least over 50 items drop from my credit report while the judgements hung around like grease monkeys.
:cool:
16 years 6 months ago #478

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Hi Paula, We all definitelly

Hi Paula,

We all definitelly appreciate you sharing information with us. Unfortunatelly spammers have tried to take over the internet :worried: and this is one way to help fight it. I hope that you understand.

[DEL]Everyone more than welcome to post financial related links in the resources section (always located in the left menu). It's a user contributed financial directory organized by category. The resource link can be bookmarked by other users, which is a big plus.[/quote]

Limited use of links is now allowed on the board to either official news sources or bank websites.
16 years 6 months ago #479
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Hi Paula, we would love

Hi Paula, we would love to take a look at it. Sorry your link had to be removed, but you could place it in the "Resources" which is the link over to your left. The good part about it is that the link would belong to you and all you have to do is refer readers over to YOUR link resources. It will be easier for us (and you) to find. I will wait til I see it over there so I could take a look at it. Thanks!
16 years 7 months ago #480