Credit Scores

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Help!

15 years 3 months ago #136

Replied by bigty914 on topic Re: Help!

ok... and i do that

fico standered package for 15.95?
15 years 3 months ago #137

You don't have to buy all three. You can only buy Experian since they update their info the fastest. I only buy all three scores maybe once a year.
15 years 3 months ago #138

ok cant affored the 50 dollar package there.. which is the best agency to get score from?..
15 years 3 months ago #139

No, you have to buy them from myfico.com. That's pretty much your only option.
15 years 3 months ago #140

Haven't seen Keijon for a while or else he would be able to answer your question. The only "legit" scores are from myfico.com Websites like freecreditreport.com use their scoring system so their score and FICO scores will vary.

what if i get it directly from equifax or experian>???

are there scores good?
15 years 3 months ago #141

Haven't seen Keijon for a while or else he would be able to answer your question. The only "legit" scores are from myfico.com Websites like freecreditreport.com use their scoring system so their score and FICO scores will vary.
15 years 3 months ago #142

Replied by bigty914 on topic Help!

im broke.. im looking for the cheapest way possible to get my credit score.. i been getting a report for free... but i realize i need my score now...

Umm cheapest site...

i dont want to pay Myfico 50$$$

is myfreecreditreport.com a legit website????

or if i was to pay to get ti from one of the major 3 credit agencies which one is the best one?
15 years 3 months ago #143
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Scores

I do know that Citibank will approve you as long as the baddie has not been reported within the last 2 years. Other than that, give Bofa a shot, at least you have a better chance at a counter-offer for the 99/500 program.

Try Barclay's bank for Travelocity mastercard or Itunes Visa. Better yet, follow this link, it is where members describe the card they have and the steps they took to get it. https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=361&highlight=nice+cards
15 years 4 months ago #144
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

First off, Welcome to the Network, we are so glad to have you here!:white-flag:

By looking at your scores, seems like you already have some type of established credit, so let's start off with what you currently have.

OK, your scores are pretty nice (actually great) but we must remember that it does not mean that creditors will approve you for a card according to your score. There are some people out there with 700 plus scores but still have a ding in their report such as old Co's, lates, too many new accounts, high util, ....etc. Creditors base their decisions off of other factors besides scores.

If you do not fall into either one of those categories, then I say, go for glory. You should make sure you go for the tier one cards like Discover, Citibank, Bofa, or Chase. There are plenty more out there but these are the top dogs we talk about the most. Also, you can use the Score Match (
15 years 4 months ago #145
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

NO problem, I know what you are talking about, we all have been there and majoirty of us are still there....lol. But what till we hit the 700 club, waaahooooo we are going to kill em dead.:laugh:
15 years 4 months ago #146

Replied by kalel89 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Thanks Meya, i may wait til next month as all my util will be really low, and one baddie is coming off in the next couple weeks. Appreciate the support, feels good to break the 600 club.
15 years 4 months ago #147
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Great question, I say you have a chance if:

1. You are not loaded with current co's, util, too many new accounts, judgments, or recent baddies.

Now I have heard of people being approved with cap one with some baddies, I am a witness myself, but I would say apply now if you are in good status, I don't think they really look at the scores because if that is the case a lot of people would have never been offered the card.

Just remember that no approval is guaranteed because creditors have their own method of how choose to approve or decline someone. If you decide to apply, we got your back and have our fingers crossed for you. Please keep us updated with your overall experience with the application.
15 years 4 months ago #148

Replied by kalel89 on topic Re: Credit Scores

hey guys have a question, with my salute card being closed by the bank, im loosing a big chunk of credit. My equifax is 600 experian 529. do you think i have a good chance of getting the cap one card? Thanks for your help guys
15 years 4 months ago #149
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Which cc are you referring to? By the way, welcome to the network where people are so friendly and helpful. So glad you found us, if there are any questions that you have, we will do our best to be there for you.
:white-flag:
15 years 4 months ago #150