are hiiden charges a theft?

Replied by FrankN on topic are hiiden charges a theft?

I agree, for the credit cards I have received, I did not find any hidden charges or fees I wasn't already aware of.
7 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by Lexie on topic are hiiden charges a theft?

I agree FRANKN. The small print really is small and tedious to read through. A reputable bank should tell you what the charges will be so that none will be hidden. I have noticed that credit cards are pretty much up front these days too if you read what they offer and what they charge. It's all there. You just have to find it. :)
7 years 2 months ago #2

Replied by FrankN on topic Re: are hiiden charges a theft?

But do you really thoroughly read the fine print? I have to say I honestly have a very hard time reading through all of it and end up just signing or agreeing. I know I shouldn't but its just overwhelming sometimes.
7 years 6 months ago #3

Replied by patse on topic Re: are hiiden charges a theft?

Moneyes wrote: Keep on rolling.

Hidden charges are not theft, and in the past 7 years companies are doing better at making that information more readily available to the consumer.

I agree. Companies are making information more easy to understand and more available to consumers. I try to read the fine print when I'm going into any new financial adventure.
7 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by Breakinger on topic Re: are hiiden charges a theft?

Every time I do anything through a bank or credit agency I read every little thing I can find. There are a lot of things that they don't tell you outright and this is because they assume that you are going to read the "fine print". I don't like surprises so this is why I read and I ask until I'm satisfied.
7 years 8 months ago #5

Replied by FrankN on topic Re: are hiiden charges a theft?

I agree. It has seem to have gotten better over the years, but some of the language can still be very confusing for many. Especially someone who is not financially savvy.
7 years 8 months ago #6

Replied by Moneyes on topic Re: are hiiden charges a theft?

Keep on rolling.

Hidden charges are not theft, and in the past 7 years companies are doing better at making that information more readily available to the consumer.
7 years 8 months ago #7

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: are hiiden charges a theft?

In today's credit world, credit card issuers are obliged to fully disclose all aspects of a consumer's account which also includes fees. The fact it is small print, only included with the originally issued credit card and we forgot is a whole different animal. Before we sign up for a credit card we need to understand the "terms and conditions" as we are undertaking a legal contract for the credit card. With the new credit card rules this will be even more true than ever before. Our failure to read or understand the "terms and conditions" in a court of law of arbitration won't hold water. We need to know what we are legally contracting for. As to the amount of fees, penalties and annual fees that is a personal decision. No one makes us sign up for a credit card. It is our duty to find what works for us! WOW did I go on the roll.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Wanderer.
14 years 6 months ago #8

Replied by Meya on topic Re: are hiiden charges a theft?

5/20/2009
14 years 10 months ago #9

Replied by princee18 on topic the charges are actually never

the charges are actually never hidden, they are understood and quite less also.The banks always specify the charges but we never notice that.so, we are not obliged to call it a theft.
15 years 11 months ago #10

Replied by scribbler on topic I doubt very much if

I doubt very much if the charges are actually hidden as such. You'll probably find them detailed in their Terms and Conditions for the usage of the account.

Next time you're there, ask them to supply you with a copy of the one for your account if you no longer have the one they gave you when you opened it. No one reads the small print very much and that's when you find yourself caught out with these charges.
15 years 11 months ago #11

Replied by liowkc on topic I guess theft is too

I guess theft is too strong a word - though we bank customers certainly feel like being robbed.

The bank is probably gulity of a lesser offence - failure to disclose material information.
15 years 11 months ago #12
  • saurabh
  • saurabh's Avatar Topic Author

was created by saurabh

hi there
sometimes we see that the bank has deducted money from the account and later it claims many hidden charges.while opening the account,they do not specify any charges, so i feel that its like theft.what do you think?
15 years 11 months ago #13