Crown Jewelers! Please Read

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

You have to buy something for them to start reporting. Here's how it went. I applied and got a $2500 limit. They only started reporting after I bought a $20 silver ring.

2 weeks later they started reporting a trade line of $2500 with a $20 balance. I PIF that month (November I think). Since then, they have been reporting a paid as agreed trade line of $2500 with a 0 balance.

Did that answer your question?

yes it did thanks
15 years 9 months ago #31

Replied by keys on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

but did you buy something before or after they reported it ?

they don't report until after you buy. I ordered my daughter a pendant for something like $80 bucks, paid the $15 downpayment and I believe the following month the $1500 cl started showing.
15 years 9 months ago #32

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

How are they with increases?
15 years 9 months ago #33

Replied by wildrage2 on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

You have to buy something for them to start reporting. Here's how it went. I applied and got a $2500 limit. They only started reporting after I bought a $20 silver ring.

2 weeks later they started reporting a trade line of $2500 with a $20 balance. I PIF that month (November I think). Since then, they have been reporting a paid as agreed trade line of $2500 with a 0 balance.

Did that answer your question?
15 years 9 months ago #34

i want to ask about how Crown Jewelers reports.
tell me if i buy a watch for $180 and they gave me a $1500 cl will they only report $180 as a cl or will they report $1500 cl with a $180 balance ?

They report the 1500 as the CL with a $180 balance...just like any other credit card. The only way they are different is that they require a downpayment...so if you charge 180 you will probably have to put up like $55 up front....so you would only have a $125 balance. I don't blame them tho - I mean damn, they don't even do a credit check to give you the card.

The place is slightly overpriced, but so are stores like Bloomingdales. They also ship same day and accept PayPal. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't believe they have any service or annual fees.
15 years 9 months ago #35

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

I just bought a Fossil watch from Crown Jewelers. I opened the account with them 5 months ago and bought the customary $20 item to get them reporting.

I thought I would make another purchase, to 'throw them a bone,' so to speak...it has been 4 or 5 months since my first purchase, after all...

The prices for the watches arent' great, but they aren't that inflated, either. I bought a watch for $109, and searching on Froogle.com, the average price was around $100 (with some places having it for as low as $90..but they were from noname internet places that i wouldn't do business with anyway).

Shipping is $10, which is a little high, IMO. The coupon is $15 off the 'down payment.' I think I had to pay a $35 down payment and financed like $80 of it.

I was surprised to get a UPS shipment notification about 2 hours after submitting my order. I got the watch in the mail 2 days later...was very happy with it. I bought the white-faced stainless steel watch with blue chronograph.

It would be easier for me to go to Macy's or something to buy the watch, but I wanted to show them some action so they keep on reporting that $2500 limit on my reports!

Man you got a $2500 CL...wow....:innocent:
15 years 9 months ago #36

Replied by keys on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

On my TU and EX they report my cl as $1500 along with my high bal, which right now is $0. I think I'm gonna go ahead a order one of the Fossil watches tonight.
15 years 9 months ago #37

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

i want to ask about how Crown Jewelers reports.
tell me if i buy a watch for $180 and they gave me a $1500 cl will they only report $180 as a cl or will they report $1500 cl with a $180 balance ?
15 years 9 months ago #38

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

Same here too:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #39

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

I Totally Agree LOL!

Same here :white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #40

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

YEH!! the bigger face makes the watch look so expensive..

I Totally Agree LOL!
15 years 9 months ago #41

I just bought a Fossil watch from Crown Jewelers. I opened the account with them 5 months ago and bought the customary $20 item to get them reporting.

I thought I would make another purchase, to 'throw them a bone,' so to speak...it has been 4 or 5 months since my first purchase, after all...

The prices for the watches arent' great, but they aren't that inflated, either. I bought a watch for $109, and searching on Froogle.com, the average price was around $100 (with some places having it for as low as $90..but they were from noname internet places that i wouldn't do business with anyway).

Shipping is $10, which is a little high, IMO. The coupon is $15 off the 'down payment.' I think I had to pay a $35 down payment and financed like $80 of it.

I was surprised to get a UPS shipment notification about 2 hours after submitting my order. I got the watch in the mail 2 days later...was very happy with it. I bought the white-faced stainless steel watch with blue chronograph.

It would be easier for me to go to Macy's or something to buy the watch, but I wanted to show them some action so they keep on reporting that $2500 limit on my reports!
15 years 9 months ago #42

Its all about the balance you carry mother...lol. Making a purchase helps increase the chances of your cli's. Carrying a nice small balance helps with the scores. MAKE THE PURCHASE AND MAIL ME SOMETHING :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #43

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

I only go for the 100% free shipping

If i make a purchase...will this increase my score miss meya?:innocent:
15 years 9 months ago #44

I only go for the 100% free shipping :fun:
15 years 9 months ago #45