Crown Jewelers! Please Read

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Crown Jewelers and Identity Theft

:confused: :confused:
15 years 9 months ago #16

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Crown Jewelers and Identity Theft

Which is pretty crazy especially since so many people on here and on other credit boards use CJ for their rebuilding
15 years 9 months ago #17

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Crown Jewelers and Identity Theft

I guess having an account with them is at your own risk. They might be helping your utilization but at the same time can be vulernable to identity theft predators.
15 years 9 months ago #18

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

Mousepad, it's true that your score increases every month when a make an on-time payment but it's not really noticeable. The reason why your scores increased could be a mix of the following reasons:

1) Some of your accounts turned one year old.
2) Your utilization decreased.
3) Some inquiries fell off
4) On-time payments

The FICO scoring system likes to see consistency so the more on-time payments you make, the higher your score will increase. Also, your score increases when your new accounts become 1 year old. When you open new accounts after all of your accounts have aged, your score will decrease because the average age of your accounts have decreased. The FICO system suggests that a consumer only applies for a credit card when they need it because having too many cards makes a consumer look desperate to lenders even though it doesn't affect your score.
15 years 9 months ago #19

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

hjm331 i want to ask if you have an idea how often does a credit score move up in points a month with good payment history?

ok say you have 5 cards any you pay good each month with no missed payments is it like a point a card or account or something like that, cause last month i was at 620 and this month i am at 638
out of the 5 i have only 3 are reporting so far
cap1 i had a year reporting on all 3
aspen 1 year reporting on all 3
macy's last month reporting on all 2
Crown Jewelers last month has not hit yet
best buy last month has not hit yet
orchard last month has not hit yet
i though my score would take a hit after the app spree
15 years 9 months ago #20

Yes, it will. It will help your utilization but hurt your score by a little bit until your account hits the one year mark.
15 years 9 months ago #21

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

Fossil watches are good watches. I have a few Fossil watches myself and I've always loved them for their quality, looks, and value.

Question,...when crown jewelers report the the credit limit...will this increase your score?:dumbfounded:
15 years 9 months ago #22

Fossil watches are good watches. I have a few Fossil watches myself and I've always loved them for their quality, looks, and value.
15 years 9 months ago #23

Replied by keys on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

hjm331, my last payment was two months ago, I've been carrying a $0 balance since. I guess I will order that Fossil watch I've been eyeing.
15 years 9 months ago #24

Keys, did you make any recent payments? That's how Mousepad received his CLI to $2,500.
15 years 9 months ago #25

Replied by keys on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

has anyone seen this before
on 6/24/2008 crown gave me 1500 cl
i just made a payment of 25 dollars and i saw this
7/3/2008 i see this
Balance & Credit
Balance ]$56.50
Credit Limit ]$2,500.00
Available Credit Limit ]$2,443.50

When I pulled my reports on Monday I noticed that CJ was reporting my limit as $2500 and blew it off as a typo, but after reading this post I got curious and checked my account w/ them this morning and there it is
Balance :$0 Credit Limit: $2500 :dumbfounded: :cool:
Wonder what's up w/ that?
15 years 9 months ago #26

i got a watch from them
and i checked my email just now and there was my statement so i was scared thinking it was due today and i made a quick payment of 25.00 thinking that i may have missed it somehow but it was not due till 7.30.2008
and then after i made the payment POW from $1500 to $2500 just like that.
yoyo i am on a roll girl just waiting on you:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #27

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

7/3/2008 i see this
Balance & Credit
Balance ]$56.50
Credit Limit ]$2,500.00
Available Credit Limit ]$2,443.50

Wow they gave you a CLI, that is brilliant. But where is the 56.50 balance coming from, did you just owe 25.00?
15 years 9 months ago #28

7/3/2008 i see this
Balance & Credit
Balance ] $56.50
Credit Limit ] $2,500.00
Available Credit Limit ] $2,443.50
15 years 9 months ago #29

Replied by wildrage2 on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

I think their ceiling is $2500. Instead of increases they reduce and then eliminate your down payment. They have some type of forumla to do it.

Honestly, I think this is a credit rebuilding company first, and a jewelery store second...their website talks more about credit then the stuff they sell.

At first I thought the place was a total scam, but they are legit.

If you want to open an account here, do so to increase your utilization and avoid an inquiry (they don't even do a hard pull). If your purpose is to buy jewelry, you are better off going elsewhere.

Basically, just as long as you make ANY purchase, they will report your tradeline for 12 months. I believe accounts are closed after 12 months if you don't buy anything else, which isn't uncommon. Beats the hell out of cards like Continental and First Premier who charge you all kinds of money up front and a maint. fee. Crown Jewelers does none of thet - but their prices are jacked up a tad.
15 years 9 months ago #30