Memorial Day

Replied by patse on topic Memorial day

We went to see the Vietnam Veterans traveling wall. It was quite the experience. We also went to watch my uncle march in a parade. He served in Vietnam. We have watched him march for 20 plus years.
7 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Re: Memorial Day

Thank you for your service, Wanderer! We spent a quiet weekend at home and had my dad and uncle over on Sunday. We said a prayer for those who have given their lives fighting for our country, but that's something I do on a regular basis. It's almost impossible to watch the news these days without praying for everyone brave enough to fight for freedom.
7 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Memorial Day

Thank you for visiting the cemetery and placing flowers ... that is special :) From a US Army Vietnam Veteran
7 years 10 months ago #3

Replied by Breakinger on topic Re: Memorial Day

Since Memorial Day was just a few days ago, I would like to share what I did over the weekend. I went camping with my family over the weekend and then came back home early Monday morning to take my kids to the Memorial Day Parade. Afterwards, we stopped at the cemetery and placed flowers on the graves of fallen soldiers. The day wrapped up with a huge family BBQ. What did you do for this special holiday?
7 years 10 months ago #4

Replied by hanna on topic Re: Memorial Day

I really feel that it's something we need to do more of. Without the sacrifices of our troops, America would not even be close to what it is today.

5,462 fatalaties in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Here are their pictures]http://projects.washingtonpost.com/fallen/[/URL]

They are today's heroes!
13 years 10 months ago #5
  • Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Memorial Day

I really feel that it's something we need to do more of. Without the sacrifices of our troops, America would not even be close to what it is today.

5,462 fatalaties in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Here are their pictures:
http://projects.washingtonpost.com/fallen/
13 years 10 months ago #6

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Memorial Day

:fun: Thank you for your acknowledgement of Veterans. As a US Army Vietnam Veteran (Special Forces) I do appreciate people thinking about the Veterans' on Memorial Day. My son has done a tour of Afganistan (one year) and of late Iraq (one year) for the US Army/National Guard.
13 years 10 months ago #7

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Memorial Day

I wanted to take a moment to honor those, and the families of those that gave their lives while serving this great nation.

God bless,

Mike

So true!
13 years 10 months ago #8
  • Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

was created by Finance Globe

I wanted to take a moment to honor those, and the families of those that gave their lives while serving this great nation.

God bless,

Mike
13 years 10 months ago #9