We Are Moving!

• Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: We Are Moving!

Nice work Mike! Although it looks exactly the same.

Hi Joeyman,

It does look the same, however with PHP 5, Apache 2.2 and a much better technical staff. :laugh:

I strongly recommend Vbulletin over PHPBB. I've used both, and yes, Vbulletin is awesome.

Yes, Mary Tomkins is a paid writer for the site. She is my sister, now employed by Finance Globe.
14 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: We Are Moving!

Nice work Mike! Although it looks exactly the same. :P But I'm sure it was all well worth it. I have a few websites myself, only one with forums services; I use phpbb with free hosting services. This is probably much easier to customize. Phpbb coding can be a big pain, like you said you were up all night. Lolol. Thanks Mike, we all appreciate it here.

One quick quesiton: is Mary Tomkins paid to write for Finance Globe?
14 years 2 months ago #2
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Thanks Wanderer, it went smooth except for a database outage for a couple hours. Sorry about that everyone.

We now have a nice home, and I truly believe that the people I pay to host this site will take care of us. We now have so much more opportunities to make cool programs and such with the technology of this new server.

Mike
14 years 2 months ago #3

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: We Are Moving!

NICE WORK...! :sleepy:
14 years 2 months ago #4
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

If you are reading this, then you are at the new home! It took me all night to get everything working again.

Please let me know if something isn't working, and I will fix it ASAP. If you are having problems logging in, and cannot post here, please let me know at our "[URL="http ://www.financeglobe.com/contact-form.shtml"]contact us[/URL]" page with your username and browser type.

I'm off to bed! : sleepy :: sleepy :: sleepy:
14 years 2 months ago #5

Replied by Meya on topic Re: We Are Moving!

This site reminds me of the theme from The Jefferson's, "We're Moving on Up, to the [South-Side], we finally got a piece of the Piiiiieeee, yeah!"
]TV Show
The Jefferson's
Theme Song Lyrics[/B]

Movin' on Up
by Jeff Barry and Ja'net Dubois

Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
Beans don't burn on the grill.
Took a whole lotta tryin'
Just to get up that hill.
Now we're up in teh big leagues
Gettin' our turn at bat.
As long as we live, it's you and me baby
There ain't nothin wrong with that.

Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up
To theGettingthe east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

:laugh: :laugh:
14 years 2 months ago #6

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: We Are Moving!

Awesome!
14 years 2 months ago #7
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

was created by Finance Globe

Financeglobe.com will be moving its home to a new web host this weekend. I wanted to give everyone a heads up, as the forum, mail system and credit card reviews will be read-only until that upgrade is complete.

"Why?" you may ask...
  • I am expecting page load times to be twice as fast[/quote]Our old host, CI Host has let us down a few times with power outages and unexpected issues, therefore causing the site not to respond. Their technical support has recently proven to be horrible.[/quote]Upgrading services (like you would upgrade Windows 98 to XP) has been complicated and caused nothing but headaches. :worried:

The way it works is that there will be 2 web servers for a short period of time that you may be viewing (until all the big network routers, like Comcast or AT&T, figure out where our new home is in Dallas). Disabling posts will prevent posts from being posted on the old server and therefore, wasting your time. I will re-enable posting when the new site loads 100% of the time.

Mike
14 years 2 months ago #8