Profile Question

Replied by Meya on topic Origianlly posted by Fg As

Origianlly posted by Fg [/color]

As Meya stated, there will be a new and improved board coming soon! Everything will be migrated over from this board, but will be more functional and user friendly, including the ability to watch topics, move posts (by moderators), a possible "email me when there is a reply", and much much more.

Here is the original link
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/index.php?page=forum§ion=topic&top_id=100297
15 years 11 months ago #16

Replied by scribbler on topic I have a question too,

I have a question too, hope I wont sound lame

I was wondering something similar. I like to go back to threads that I posted in to see if anyone answered me or asked me anything but I get so absorbed in reading the other threads, I forget where I posted to recheck them! :laugh: Is there any way to find your own posts?

ETA Never mind, I just spotted it. It's in the Search column on the right hand side if anyone that's interested. Typical, the minute I ask about it, I find it! :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #17

Replied by saurabh on topic if the size of your

if the size of your image is beyond the limit and the format is pnj or tff.Then , convert it to jpeg, it will reduce the size to a large amount.
15 years 11 months ago #18

Replied by cobalt911 on topic I have a question too,

I have a question too, hope I wont sound lame :S Where can I find that how many replies and new topics I have posted?
16 years 1 month ago #19

Replied by Meya on topic Thanks Colbalt07, I just try

Thanks Colbalt07, I just try to answer questions right away, but someone else would have done the same thing, I am just addicted to here. Even right now I have a client waiting on me at work, I came here and saw 3 pages worth of Unread Posts, so I was like ohhhhhh loooooord, let me knock some down now.

Anytime you need help, nearly everyone here "that posts" will help you out. Well did the pics and profile work? I see you have a new art, it looks relaxing and smmooth...lol.
:laugh:
16 years 2 months ago #20

Replied by cobalt007 on topic Thanks for the help Meya.

Thanks for the help Meya. What I have observed so far is that you are the most helpful, friendly and active member of this forum :)
16 years 2 months ago #21

Replied by Meya on topic Suuuuure! 1. Click My Profile tab 2.

Suuuuure!

1. Click My Profile tab
2. Click Edit my profile (over to the right side)
3. Click My Photos tab
4. Under Upload a Photo, click Browse

That will open up "My pictures" on your pc. If you get a message that says soemthing like "Error, (in red writing) file size must be jpg or jpeg, try again," then follow the link above which FG gave to Nwalker30 to reduce the size of your photo.

Hope this helps!
16 years 2 months ago #22

Replied by cobalt007 on topic Well I am having a

Well I am having a little problem with my profile too as I am new here. I can’t find where to add a profile photo. Can anyone assist me please?
16 years 2 months ago #23

Replied by Finance Globe on topic It looks like your photo

It looks like your photo is around 32 mb, this is a huge file! I used to have a camera that saved photos around 12 mb, and this required so much space. Here is a good resource for reducing the size of photos: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/digitalimaging/f/howreducesize.htm
16 years 2 months ago #24
  • nwalker30
  • nwalker30's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by nwalker30 on topic I still can't add a

I still can't add a photo for some reason. I continue to get the following message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 13056 bytes) in /home/www/financeglobe/SocialNet/functions/build_functions.php on line 2124

Help someone!! :scared:
16 years 2 months ago #25
  • nwalker30

Replied by nwalker30 on topic Great-thanks

Great-thanks
16 years 2 months ago #26

Replied by Finance Globe on topic I just increased the limit

I just increased the limit to 4MB's (Megabytes). The old limit was around 2.5MB's. The system will automatically resize your pictures, so this does not matter.
16 years 2 months ago #27
  • nwalker30

was created by nwalker30

I have been trying to add pictures to my profile and have been unsuccessful. Is their a size limit to anyone's knowledge. Thanks.

Kita
16 years 2 months ago #28