Personal Income

Replied by Breakinger on topic Re: Personal Income

Now that this is quite a few number of years later, I'm wondering how many people have seen their personal income rise? I know that ours has gone up some, but it still feels like we are struggling because of the loss that we took a number of years ago. I'm just afraid that when we finally get comfortable again, the levels will start to fall.
7 years 9 months ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Personal Income

This is a very true story! Took a loss over here for the same reason:laugh:. We will be OK one day, just got to be happy with what we have left. Some households has fell to $0.
14 years 4 weeks ago #17
  • Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Wanderer

Wall Street Journal

By SARA MURRAY

Personal income in 42 states fell in 2009, the Commerce Department said Thursday, March 25, 2010.

Real Time Economics
Declining Incomes

How state personal income changed in 2009 from 2008.

Nevada's 4.8% plunge was the steepest, as construction and tourism industries took a beating. Also hit hard: Wyoming, where incomes fell 3.9%.

Incomes stayed flat in two states and rose in six and the District of Columbia. West Virginia had the best showing with a 2.1% increase. In Maine, Kentucky and Hawaii, increased government benefits, such as unemployment insurance and Social Security, offset drops in earnings and property values.

Nationally, personal income from wages, dividends, rent, retirement plans and government benefits declined 1.7% last year, unadjusted for inflation. One bright spot: As the economy recovered, personal income was up in all 50 states in the fourth quarter compared with the third. Connecticut, again, had the highest per capita income of the 50 states at $54,397 in 2009. Mississippi ranked lowest at $30,103.

As an aside, with people out of work it follows about income.
14 years 4 weeks ago #18