Are you using less gas?

Replied by keys on topic Re: Are you using less gas?

I know that in many places that FG members live in public transportation is not run often

That's the problem where I live in Ohio. I can't really change by driving habits because our public transportation sucks :upset: . I try to fill up when I find cheap gas, if you consider $3.96 cheap, and pray that lasts until I can get it cheap again :white-flag: :white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #61

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Are you using less gas?

I think I need to ride a bike to work, no joke. With a $4.50+ a gallon, I am not going to put my life savings into gas.
15 years 8 months ago #62

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Are you using less gas?

Gas prices are going through the roof and I believe that now more and more, people will need to start finding other means of transportation. I know that in many places that FG members live in public transportation is not run often

Even with a new president coming into office. The damage that is done by the previous administration will take a while to undo

So now it causes us to really become resourceful with saving money and not only on gas but with everything.
15 years 8 months ago #63

Replied by hjm331 on topic Gas in Los Angeles is

Gas in Los Angeles is about $4 a gallon. It's terrible.
15 years 10 months ago #64

Replied by Scribes on topic Now that is what you

Now that is what you call BAD!!! I guess we are all going to be on scooters pretty soon, and on the highway at that.

Mopeds aren't allowed on highways but I think I can get to just about anyplace I want to get to in town without taking a 55-mph road. I REALLY am considering a moped this summer. Maybe once income is good again, I will. :D And yeah, I'll have a cool helmet.
15 years 10 months ago #65

Replied by Meya on topic Now that is what you

Now that is what you call BAD!!! I guess we are all going to be on scooters pretty soon, and on the highway at that.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 10 months ago #66

Replied by Scribes on topic Nah, it taste as good

Nah, it taste as good as it smells...lol. Jk. If i caught someone outside trying to steal my gas through their mouth, I am just going to walk out there with a cigarette lighter, sneak behind him/her, and say "Hello". When they turn around with their mouth open (from being scared), I am just going to strike my lighter by their lips and walk off. Burn baby burn!

And she calls me a KLEPTO. She's a murderous devil, she is. :D I caught myself saving gas yesterday driving to the store. Gunned the gas, and coasted off and on, and stayed at about 25 mph the whole way. This SUCKS!!! :D
15 years 10 months ago #67

Replied by Meya on topic Nah, it taste as good

Nah, it taste as good as it smells...lol. Jk. If i caught someone outside trying to steal my gas through their mouth, I am just going to walk out there with a cigarette lighter, sneak behind him/her, and say "Hello". When they turn around with their mouth open (from being scared), I am just going to strike my lighter by their lips and walk off. Burn baby burn!
15 years 10 months ago #68

Replied by Scribes on topic I am definitley using less

I am definitley using less gas because I can't see myself filling up my tank. I do a little over half and keep going. When I go this route, I know that I have to do less driving. I don't complain anymore because all that does is amke me look like a fool to be at something that I can not change. Soooo I just sife out of hjm331 truck when he is asleep.

Hmmm. I always wanted to learn how to siphon gas tanks. *thinking hard* I suppose there's not much to it, just dip a rubber hose into a tank, suck on the other end until you taste gas in your mouth, then spit it out, and -- you know, maybe it's better to just buy the gas. :D
15 years 10 months ago #69

Replied by Meya on topic I am definitley using less

I am definitley using less gas because I can't see myself filling up my tank. I do a little over half and keep going. When I go this route, I know that I have to do less driving. I don't complain anymore because all that does is amke me look like a fool to be at something that I can not change. Soooo I just sife out of hjm331 truck when he is asleep.
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 10 months ago #70

Replied by eugene66 on topic my job is on the

my job is on the public trans line and i am enjoying the ride very much as well as my wallet. a lot of companies here in dfw offer employees an e pass to ride public transportation for free a whole year and now it is a hot commodity here because you can ride the train also.ridership for the last 6 months is up 58 percent and rising because people are spreading the word to their bosses to get with the program.
15 years 10 months ago #71

Replied by Scribes on topic yes prices of gas are

yes prices of gas are exorbitant but to be very honest i have not seen any change in my driving habits but if the trend of price hike continues, soon i would have to change my habit.

Did you folks read that several major airlines are being told to slow down about 5 mph in the air, and when taxiing down the runway after landing, they are to cut one of their engines. Everyone's saving gas like crazy. You'll notice you're getting to your destinations about 10-15 minutes later.
15 years 10 months ago #72

Replied by princee18 on topic yes prices of gas are

yes prices of gas are exorbitant but to be very honest i have not seen any change in my driving habits but if the trend of price hike continues, soon i would have to change my habit.
15 years 10 months ago #73

Replied by Scribes on topic I have changed my driving

I have changed my driving habits as well. Down the street, gas sells for $3.65 a gallon and I grind my teeth whenever I walk past it. I just don't go out as much right now. I'm really going to be curious how the summer shapes up with less cars on the streets and less planes in the air.
15 years 10 months ago #74

Replied by happylady on topic Yes, I have changed my

Yes, I have changed my driving habits because of the insane price of gas :scared:
I drive almost 100 miles a day to get to and from work and take my son to and from school...I drive a 2006 Toyota Corolla which gets pretty good mpg - 30 miles per gallon. I bought the car in July of 2006...I traded in my Ford Explorer (thank goodness!! :dumbfounded: ) because the gas for that was kickin' my but. I used to be able to fill up my Corolla with around $30 - yesterday I filled up and it took $50!!! :scared: :scared:
We live about 40 miles inland from the beach (which we LOVE) and we used to go to the beach alot on the weekends but now we can't afford the gas to get there!!
It's really changed the way we live...
I am going to look for a job closer to home. I have started looking already but I can't actually change jobs yet because I still need to get my son to and from school and his school is right by my work. Once he graduates next month I will definetely be looking!!
15 years 10 months ago #75