Are you using less gas?

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Are you using less gas?

I don't understand why he was arrested. The man created an innovative idea and a possible breakthrough technology so why not try to take advantage of it and put it to use.

Arrested? who? :confused:
15 years 9 months ago #31

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Are you using less gas?

I don't understand why he was arrested. The man created an innovative idea and a possible breakthrough technology so why not try to take advantage of it and put it to use.
15 years 9 months ago #32

Here is a link to using vegetable oil as fuel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetable_oil_used_as_fuel

It can be done, you just have to have a diesel, not a gasoline power engine.
15 years 9 months ago #33

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Are you using less gas?

This is the first time I have ever heard of it. Also, after his arrest, I noticed that Crisco Vegetable Oil is like $5.99-$7.99 at Safeway if it is not on sale.
:confused: :scared:
15 years 9 months ago #34

You can use used cooking oil if you have a diesel engine in your vehicle. Its true. I kid you not.
15 years 9 months ago #35

Meya, his car will breakdown sooner or later.
15 years 9 months ago #36

And it works? Hey, did you hear about the guy who filled his tank up with used frying grease from Jack-n-the-box? I think that was too crazy and desperate.
:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #37

Replied by erikko on topic Re: Are you using less gas?

what my neighbor does with his car is dad he uses biofuel and methane gas to tank up his vehicle
15 years 9 months ago #38

Meya and HJM, both of you are funny. Seriously though, I just learned how to ride a motorcycle last year. At age 45. You wouldn't believe the number of people who told me horror stories about other people having wrecks and getting hurt or killed. Or they told me I was going to get hurt or killed. Well I look at it like this, if I am going to die I want to go out doing something I enjoy. (I am also stubborn and don't like being told I can't or shouldn't do something, I will do it just to prove them wrong) I am disabled from the military so I can't work, I don't have anyone in my life to keep me company so my bike is basically my life. If I didn't ride, I am more afraid I would be bored to death. Yes, I have some fear when I ride but it keeps me alert and alive. I am not scared of dying because I have been there done that already. The Riders course teaches you how to ride and not be scared of the bike. They start off with the very basics and work you up to riding. Read their website. Sorry for this being so long but you two are young and I feel you are missing out on a lot of fun. I guess what I am trying to say is before you say how bad you will be, give it a try. I did. BTW, atv's can't be legally driven on the public roads.:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #39

That's what I'm always worried about when I thinking about riding a bike, motorcycle, etc. If I ever get on one, I will fly out and do an evil knievel stunt and die.

I'm thinking about buying a quad though, my neighbor has one and they are pretty fun to ride.
15 years 9 months ago #40

You know what? You two men have me sitting here visualizing myself riding a motorcycle and throwing piece signs out throughout the hood. I am too scared to ride a cycle. If someone hit me I am truely dead, at least i have a chance in a car...lol. Thanks for the compliments guys, but I am too scared of cycles.:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #41

I'm not laughing, I just think her riding a motorcycle would match her because she's a wild woman and I can see her yelling and screaming with her hands in the air with joy while riding her. That's what's cool about her, she doesn't let anything let her down.
15 years 9 months ago #42

I can picture Meya riding a motorcycle.

Don't laugh, HJM. There are lots of women riding motorcycles. When I took the Riders course there were 2 women taking it with me. So I could see Meya riding a Honda Rebel and saving money on gas and cruising main street showing off her new bike.:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #43

I can picture Meya riding a motorcycle. :fun:
15 years 9 months ago #44

I am tired of paying for gas. Today I put $10 in my car just to get up the hill to go home. My gas meter barely moved.
:upset: :upset:
15 years 9 months ago #45