Cost of rice?

Replied by Scribes on topic One secretary danced to the

One secretary danced to the podium and told the boss she was in love with him once -- with his wife and HER husband standing right there.

Thats not a social thingy. She was just plain natural drunk

Well, what's the difference? Maybe I don't understand what a social drinker is. :D A social drinker is one that only drinks at parties and stuff, right? Or not? But anyway, we're getting off subject a bit. Suggest maybe a new thread? :D
15 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic One secretary danced to the

One secretary danced to the podium and told the boss she was in love with him once -- with his wife and HER husband standing right there.

Thats not a social thingy. She was just plain natural drunk
15 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by Scribes on topic :white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag: As for

The social drinker is okay, as long as you know the limits. I've been at my share of office parties and watched a lot of zaniness. When they say "In vino veritas", they ain't kidding. :D One secretary danced to the podium and told the boss she was in love with him once -- with his wife and HER husband standing right there. Needless to say, that was my last office party. :D
15 years 10 months ago #3

Replied by Meya on topic :white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag: As for

:white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag:

As for me, it's more of a social thingy :innocent: :innocent:
15 years 10 months ago #4

Replied by Scribes on topic Now that is a lot

Now that is a lot of carbs. Jeeeesus, Miller Lite only has 3 carbs in a 12 ounce bottle.

Believe it or not, I do not drink. I've hardly touched alcohol since I was 21. Yeah, I know, weird. I stop drinking once I hit the drinking age. :D Well, it just seemed right to me, and since I had to live with an alkie for an uncle many years, let's say it sobered me up about alcohol and its effects. Never will. :D
15 years 10 months ago #5

Replied by Meya on topic Now that is a lot

Now that is a lot of carbs. Jeeeesus, Miller Lite only has 3 carbs in a 12 ounce bottle.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 10 months ago #6

Replied by Scribes on topic This may sounds crazy and

This may sounds crazy and duhh, but what is corn rice? Do they sell it in local stores like a Safeway or Lucky's? I would not mind giving it a try.

I think she's referring to this East Indian recipe]http://www.bawarchi.com/cookbook/eastindia2.html[/URL]

Do correct me if I'm wrong however. It might be a brand or style of rice I'm not familiar with. I hope rice gets cheap again so I can start making my shrimp jambalaya! :D
15 years 10 months ago #7

Replied by Meya on topic This may sounds crazy and

This may sounds crazy and duhh, but what is corn rice? Do they sell it in local stores like a Safeway or Lucky's? I would not mind giving it a try.
15 years 10 months ago #8

Replied by felics on topic In my case, I much

In my case, I much prefer corn rice. I am on the chubby side and in order to get leaner I eat corn rice instead of the regular one. One serving of it had me fill in the stomach already. The regular one usually takes two to three servings which is not good.
15 years 10 months ago #9

Replied by Scribes on topic Right, Meya, rice is actually

Right, Meya, rice is actually quite simple carbs. I mistake it sometimes with pasta and I guess I shouldn't. :D My fiancee certainly loves it a lot too.
15 years 10 months ago #10

Replied by Meya on topic I wouldnt turn against anyone

I wouldnt turn against anyone for gaining weight, that will be like the "Pot calling the Kettle Black." I think that rice is a simple carb and not a complex carb. Whatever it is, I still like it and will continue to eat it. I was raised by my grandma with rice being our breakfast. She would boil it in the right amount of salt, when it is done she will put butter in it, and we would add the sugar once it was on our plates. I still eat it like that sometimes, but my kids hate it that way. Fried rice, soy sauce on white rice, or don't even think of offering them rice at all.
15 years 10 months ago #11

Replied by Scribes on topic I couldn't. I'd be fat

I couldn't. I'd be fat as a house and Meya wouldn't like me anymore. :scared: My metabolism was solid when I was in my 20s. I could eat and eat and eat and not gain a pound but now that I'm older, well, different story. I definitely watch what I eat. :D
15 years 10 months ago #12

Replied by Postman on topic Here in the Philippines, this

Here in the Philippines, this is what we eat three times a day. I don’t know when did it start or the actual story about it but as far as I know we eat rice even before Spaniards are here.

15 years 10 months ago #13

Replied by Pinkee on topic I know people here who

I know people here who exclude rice from their diet if they want to lose weight. Yup the carbs can do wonders. You definitely don't want to include rice in your everyday meal if your body's metabolism can't keep up. I mean there are the luckier ones who simply don't add weight no matter what they eat. But I know of people who choose to eat less rice and more protein otherwise they'll bloat. I guess it has a lot to do with genes.
15 years 10 months ago #14

Replied by Scribes on topic In our country the price

In our country the price of the rice all gone up because there is a shortage. Good thing that there is an NFA rice which is sold at a cheaper rate. Otherwise we will not know where to get our daily rice each day.

Ugh, how can you people eat rice every single day? You know, I love rice a lot, but the carb count from that stuff, and the starch, I'm just really hesitant to make that a daily part of my diet. Is it really a good idea? :D
15 years 10 months ago #15