America’s Economic dominance

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

In other words, by outsourcing their CS in an attempt to save money, they are losing loyal customers.

The strategy is to utilize outsourcing and to keep customers happy. Sounsd crazy hugh, well guess what, you will take a loss when you try something new. What matters is for how long:confused:
15 years 8 months ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

Wow, Shark6, sometimes that makes you feel like the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" a reality. I don't see how a +6 month history should cause your scores to drop, but you know what, mines have done the same. It did not bother me but it did make me think that the new FICO scoring system is trying to take full effect. I also saw that some old inq has came back to me TU report. I could not complain because I did apply for the cards and also knowing that it will all be gone by mid next year is not too bad anyway.

A lot of businesses is going to utilize the outsourcing and e-business. pretty soon you are going to have to visit car lots on-line instead of the lot itself and I would not be surprise if we had to make groceries on-line instead of the stores itself. Bricks and motor will always be here but I do not put anything pass technology.
15 years 8 months ago #17

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

I understand that out sourced CS reps need to feed thier families too, but it seems to be making things worse here in America. It has taken thousands of jobs away and people can't pay thier bills.
15 years 8 months ago #18

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

In other words, by outsourcing their CS in an attempt to save money, they are losing loyal customers.
15 years 8 months ago #19

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

Everything has turned into business nowadays, it's pretty unfortunate.
15 years 8 months ago #20

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

And as you step down I will step up. You know so many companies really thought that they would save so much money and productivity would be so much better. Hmm if they only could have known, it is one hot mess. It has done nothing for them what they thought it would do, they have cost countless people hundreds upon thousands of jobs just because you are trying to make yourselves richer. And now look, you are running to try to bring jobs back here. Now don't get me wrong I have no problem about jobs being in other countries because they need to support their families as well but when you give a person a job that has no knowledge as to what is going on plus you can barely understand what they are saying, I have a problem with that.

I know at one time I think it was russia (but I will need to clarify that) had a hold of thousands of ss # from the US and was selling peoples numbers for pennies. How about those apples
15 years 8 months ago #21

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

For those interested, yesterday, Cap1 released its earnings report and it was not good. I believe something was down some 40%. Many companies are taking a hit in this economy.

My company, ( a large blue chip company) earnings report was bad on Wednesday and they are implementing a plan to outsource some jobs to India, Central America and another country.

BTW, I had to call Equifax yesterday as 9 of my accounts had stopped reporting to Eq from 9/07. I put in a dispute re this and incorrect limits/balances etc. Well, yesterdy, my credit monitoring site showed them as reporting all as new accounts and my FAKO dropped by some 26 pts. When I called to explain, this guy couln't understand me. He gave me the # to Personal Solutions and I got another person with a thick, accent who told me that she couldn't help me because my Scorewatch had expired in 2005.

I tried to explain to her that this wasn't an issue about scores(the result was a bi product of their incorrect coding of my accounts> I just gave up in disgust.

All of this outsourcing is going to bite many companies in the butt! Ok, off my soapbox.
15 years 8 months ago #22

Replied by sophie on topic I did not assume that

I did not assume that someone was pushing classes. I was simply making a point that you do not need to take classes to understand economics or politics. I do not remember a thing from my micro/macro classes.

16 years 1 week ago #23

Replied by Meya on topic Thanks for the clarification FG!

Thanks for the clarification FG!
:relieved:
16 years 1 week ago #24

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Both micro and macro econ

Both micro and macro econ courses are wonderful, and give you a basis for understanding the underlying circumstances involving world economies. Yes, you do learn as you go in life, however, these are the 2 most practical courses that I have taken, that I will put to use for the rest of my life. I don't think that anyone here is pushing classes on anyone or making suggestions, they are just recommendations! :cheesing:
16 years 1 week ago #25

Replied by descorpio on topic Sophie is right. To comment

Sophie is right. To comment about this we do not want to be a professional in this field. Any citizen of a country will try to know about its political and economical situations and that is what we all do except the masters in this. I think only interest to know is important and anyone can expose it. But i am always fond of studying about economics. And thats how i get to know the country's growth.
16 years 1 week ago #26
  • luckylique
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by luckylique on topic You don’t need to take

You don’t need to take a course in economics to understand it. Politics and economics are open to perception and persuasion and are not always just as simple as taking a course. It seems like everyone here understands the basics so why say that?

I said it first, because I have taken Macro and Micro online. And from my experience I know that this topic is perfect for that type of situation. It has nothing to do with this site.

Secondly, because I thought it!
16 years 1 week ago #27

Replied by sophie on topic You don’t need to take

You don’t need to take a course in economics to understand it. Politics and economics are open to perception and persuasion and are not always just as simple as taking a course. It seems like everyone here understands the basics so why say that?

16 years 1 week ago #28

Replied by Meya on topic I must admit that ECON

I must admit that ECON 1&2 was a cool course, but it soemthing that I am glad is over with. I would recommend the class to anyone that has a thing for our economy.
:laugh:
16 years 1 week ago #29
  • luckylique
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by luckylique on topic I also think that China

I also think that China is a strong emerging nation interms of their economic growth. And what do you people think about India as an emerging nation? I feel like both the asian giants have a closer niche in succeeding each other..

I agree with Porgy.... and it sounds like you want to take an one-line course in economics.
16 years 1 week ago #30