America’s Economic dominance

Replied by Wanderer on topic American's Economic Ex-dominance

From where I sit it is all about the lowest price when shopping. Let your local businesses die and go shop online or at certain big boxes. As a consultant I used to work with communities trying to save their "mainstreets" while their community members drove to the big box in the next town. The other factor is we want people to have a minimum wage of say $15 per hour but when that factors through the pricing system we buy foreign to obtain the lower price. As you know, manufacturing is a dirty word and it is virtually all moving off shore.
6 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by Pinky on topic American's Economic Ex-dominance

We USED to be the leader of all things economic in this world, however, in recent years (last decade) our foot hold on the dominance of foreign trade has slipped. Haven't you noticed that everything you buy comes from Taiwan? A lot of our clothes are made in China at sweat shops. Where are all the "Made in America" stickers on things that I would love to buy?
6 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by Joker on topic You are correct in about the economic trade deficit.

When it comes to the trade deficit with China and/or many other countries as well, we have been steadily losing ground in recent years. I haven't heard how our illustrious President is going to deal with this problem, but I can't wait to hear about it on Twitter! (Just a little Presidential humor there).
6 years 8 months ago #3

Replied by Pinky on topic The Falling of the Chinese Market

As you probably know, we do not have fair trade percentages with China. We get their products by truck/plane load but when it comes to sending our products over to them, we are taxed unmercifully. If we don't find a way to even this out, our economy will continue to decline.
6 years 8 months ago #4

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

China invents (or produce) goods and show them to us years before we (the consumer) even hear of it. They know what Americans like, which is something they tend to care less about. I can show some examples in the Economic thread along with reference from the Author David S. Landers, "The Wealth and Poeverty of Nations". You would be surprised what China has invented but did not want to go through with it. I will not prolong HJM's thread with this issue :relieved: since it is another subject, but the way the economy is going we may have to answer the commercial that has the little cave man talking about...."Have an invention?" :laugh:
15 years 8 months ago #5

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

Yes, that's the problem. China is going to start manufacturing cars to the U.S. and I don't know if that's going to attract a large amount of consumers.

No it definitely won't and I count myself among that group
15 years 8 months ago #6

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

Yes, that's the problem. China is going to start manufacturing cars to the U.S. and I don't know if that's going to attract a large amount of consumers.
15 years 8 months ago #7

Yes but the larger quantities that they are producing is not of quality, that is the problem.
15 years 8 months ago #8

Meya, I wouldn't consider China to be an inventor. They are a producing country where companies from other countries including the U.S. come to an agreement with China for them to take their products and produce them in large quantities.
15 years 8 months ago #9

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

I dont know if you know this or not hjm331, but companies have been doing this for years....importing and exporting. If it was not for that, we would have nothing. China is the main invention of all but they have failed in making things happen with what they invented. I can go back as far as the first wheel and clock, but that is more like an assignment that I had to do a research on....lol
15 years 8 months ago #10

It's not that we hate the people, we just don't like losing customers because they think our products are overpriced and Chinese products are cheaper. Well, quality is everything and you get what you pay for.
15 years 8 months ago #11

The thing that is driving me crazy is the fact that more companies are starting to buy their electrical motors from Chinese manufacturers. That is what hurting us but we don't sell those type of motors because they are not good quality. They will work for 6 months and quit on you unlike motors from American manufacturers. We don't stock Chinese motors nor do we recommend them.

Hjm331 you are so right and then on top of that lately anything that is being made coming out of China is being recalled
15 years 8 months ago #12

The thing that is driving me crazy is the fact that more companies are starting to buy their electrical motors from Chinese manufacturers. That is what hurting us but we don't sell those type of motors because they are not good quality. They will work for 6 months and quit on you unlike motors from American manufacturers. We don't stock Chinese motors nor do we recommend them.
15 years 8 months ago #13

I understand that out sourced CS reps need to feed thier families too, but it seems to be making things worse here in America. It has taken thousands of jobs away and people can't pay thier bills.

I agree with you totally
15 years 8 months ago #14

I don't know if they will ever stop outsourcing their CS and bring it back here to the U.S.
15 years 8 months ago #15