Valentine's Day doesn't have to break the bank

Replied by Curry on topic Valentine's Day doesn't have to break the bank

If love doesn't cost money, neither should showing it or proving it. Homemade gifts, a gift of doing something really special, a homemade romantic meal with candles.......all are good ideas of how showing your love should not involve your bank account.
7 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by patse on topic Valentine's Day doesn't have to break the bank

There are a lot of great ideas and tips in that article. I hate spending a lot of money on any "Hallmark" holiday. We usually just go to dinner before the 14th. I swear all the restaurants around here double their prices on the 14th. We also make homemade cards!
8 years 2 months ago #2

Replied by FrankN on topic Re: Valentine's Day doesn't have to break the bank

I hate spending money on valentines day. My wife loves it so I like to do something special. It is my opinion to always to something from the heart, and that usually works for me. It doesn't have to expensive, but it just needs to be meaningful.
8 years 2 months ago #3

Replied by Egghead on topic Re: Valentine's Day doesn't have to break the bank

Well it won't be long after the new year celebrations before this comes up again. There are lots of great ideas in the blog post, and the only thing I'd add is that if you have a special someone in your life make sure you are both on the same page when it comes to how to celebrate.

Practical or romantic gifts? Cards or not? Fuss or low key? Getting this aspect right means whatever you spend will be the right amount.
8 years 3 months ago #4

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Valentine's Day doesn't have to break the bank

https://www.financeglobe.com/blog/latest-blogs/Valentine-s-Day-Doesn-t-Have-to-Break-the-Bank

As a followup to this story... White Castle had eating at some of their resturants by reservations. They set out the good china, white table clothes and had a special meal of a hamburger in an ornate way. Totally different and fun. Not very expensive but special for those taking advantage of their Valentine Day special.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: URL Change
13 years 1 month ago #5

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Valentine's Day doesn't have to break the bank

Good tips!
13 years 1 month ago #6
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Valentine's Day doesn't have to break the bank was created by marylan73

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: URL Change
13 years 2 months ago #7