ID Theft Number One Consumer Complaint for 9th Year in a Row

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: ID Theft Number One Consumer Complaint for 9th Year in a Row

Ok, so I don't want to make a joke about a really serious situation (I.D. theft). But, I am reminded of like over 5 years ago when I prob had a 400 cs and all my 7 charge-offs had just hit my credit report. I remember this person at a client meeting trying to sell me Identity Theft Insurance and saying that "you can't be too careful with your credit and identity with all that's going. And someone could take your identity and just open all kinds of accounts and never pay them." And I remember saying to him on the side (quietly of course since it was a new client), "listen, if someone takes my social and can open up one new account, than they should play the lotto immediately cause their about to hit big. Plus, I wish someone would steal my credit, cause than they would be doing me a favor." lol.... ok, just had to share that story...

But, seriously no joke. Nothing is a secured transaction anymore. We are in a world now where W.W.W. has absolutely everything about everyone with just one click away. And President Bush's whole "Patriot Act" has open us up to so much more Identity Theft issues.
15 years 1 month ago #1

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: ID Theft Number One Consumer Complaint for 9th Year in a Row

The last few years were are reading more frequently how companies are losing consumers personal info from either being hacked or company hard drive databases being stolen with consumers credit card numbers on them without their knowledge(so they say) until someone finally blows a whistle to the media.
15 years 1 month ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: ID Theft Number One Consumer Complaint for 9th Year in a Row

Seriously! What about virtual numbers or eye scanning/finger scanning. I would hope that people wont go digging up freshly buried bodies for their eyes and fingers. This identity theft has gotten outrageous. Sometimes I think it is the officials themselves involved with this.
15 years 1 month ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: ID Theft Number One Consumer Complaint for 9th Year in a Row

We need a list of social security numbers that we can use just like dial-up numbers. :laugh:
15 years 1 month ago #4

Replied by Meya on topic Re: ID Theft Number One Consumer Complaint for 9th Year in a Row

In California, employment fraud and credit card each account for 20% of reported identity theft.

This is crazy. That is why I do my best to secure myself. There is only so much we can do especially when it comes to "hackers!" We are not even safe if we mail in payments, because there is always some inside-gig going on. I wish the gov can find another way to identify us other than social security numbers.:worried:
15 years 1 month ago #5

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: ID Theft Number One Consumer Complaint for 9th Year in a Row

Uh-oh :embarrassed:
15 years 1 month ago #6
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher