Avoid Being Scammed

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Avoid Being Scammed

I get so many of them until it is not funny :upset:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: emoticon spacing
15 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Avoid Being Scammed

Just got this email today:

Greetings in the name of God,
Here writes Laura Kingston, suffering from cancerous ailment of the brain. I was married to Dr. Perry J. Kingston an English man who is now dead. Our life together as man and wife lasted for three decades without a child. My husband died after a protracted illness, before his death we made a vow to uplift the down-trodden and the less-privileged individuals. I can adduce this to the fact that he needed a Child from this relationship, which never came.

When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of £12,000,000.00 (Twelve Million Pounds sterling) which were derived from his vast estates and investment in capital market with his bank here in UK. Presently, this money is still with the Bank. Recently, my Doctor told me that I have limited days to live due to my illness, this is why I am contacting you to donate the fund to you to complete the wishes of my late Husband,

If you are interested, Please send your response to this email: [redacted]

Endeavor to send your reply to this email]

Respectfully,
Mrs. Laura Kingston.

Just another example of this ongoing scam.
15 years 2 months ago #2

1/23/2009 :white-flag:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: emoticon spacing
15 years 2 months ago #3

Another good article!:white-flag:

I saw on mscn news where a hacker showed the anchorman how fraud is really on the rise. They had the instrument that he was using blurred so that we could not see it, but he actually called the anchorman phone posing to be Bank of America. Yes hjm, bofa!:cool:

Just last week, I received a phone call from an automated service asking me, "This is a courtesy call to see if you received your Old Navy Visa card. If so please activate it now or call this 1-866..... number. So I laughed and called the number, low and behold, it really said Old Navy and had the same 1-866 number that we call for our cc's. It was a real live automated systems with the PC lady voice. So I pressed 0 to get an operator, and the wait time was like 12 minutes. Sorry Mr scammer, during that time I was having fun in my garage so 12 minutes was too precious for me to waste....lol

This is some real crazy stuff! Please beware of the phone calls, the DO NOT CALL LIST does not work anymore. If you ask me, I think they sell our numbers to other businesses. If you get a call from your creditors, hang up and call them back. If it is from your bank, hang up and call them back. Do not go for the first incoming call, we work to hard at FG to be caught up in a scam.
:white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #4
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Avoid Being Scammed was created by marylan73

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: URL Change
15 years 5 months ago #5