Government Gives $85 Billion Loan to AIG

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: Government Gives $85 Billion Loan to AIG

Well, for what it's worth, so does my co-worker. She too was told the same thing, that it was all of the mortgage problems and not the other product services they offer.

Rockin35
15 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by rsty99 on topic Re: Government Gives $85 Billion Loan to AIG

I have auto insurance with AIG direct and they just kept telling me this week that it was the mortagage side of the business that was in trouble not the other parts of AIG, I dont know the real answer they just kept telling me my auto policy was okay.
15 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: Government Gives $85 Billion Loan to AIG

What a train wreck. "Hannity & Colmes" said it best.... we (tax payers) will always foot the bill in the end. Everyone keeps talking about change in the next year to come, but the problem is, America is already so far in debt, it's gonna be difficult to recover/salvage anything in the next 5-10 years. What a mess.

Rockin35!
15 years 7 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Government Gives $85 Billion Loan to AIG

I believe that the government has studied how AIG works and has become confident in AIG paying the loan back. They wouldn't just give AIG the loan if AIG was a runaway train having no intentions of stopping when the railroad ends.
15 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Government Gives $85 Billion Loan to AIG

I do understand what your are saying smcc. I'm wondering can they pay it all back without declaring bk or running out first:confused:. It just makes me curious that other banks turned their back on them and the Gov picked up the deal. I know this is going to dig real deep in tax payers pockets (IMO) .
15 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Government Gives $85 Billion Loan to AIG

Thing is Meya, AIG has to pay the loan back. Goverment is going to make money on this deal. Notice how the Government stepped out of the way when BOA brought Merrill Lynch. Didn't even blink. You think the SEC is going to deny this buyout? I think not............
15 years 7 months ago #6

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Government Gives $85 Billion Loan to AIG

I saw this on the news. My question is that did they bail them out with a good plan? I hear them saying something about AIG having serious issues on bad mortgage loans that were issued to homeowners.
:scared:. Hope this deal was good! I feel that if they have the money to bail AIG out of debt, then where is all the money for our states who kids schools are cut and whose states can not come to a budget agreement, such as California :upset:

Dang Mistery Money!
"The government tried to convince Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan to offer a line-of-credit to AIG to keep the business going, but both companies refused. So the government stepped in and threw in the cash after no body else would."
This should have been a red flag!
15 years 7 months ago #7
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Government Gives $85 Billion Loan to AIG was created by marylan73

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: URL Change
15 years 7 months ago #8