Gas Prices Take a Dip

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Gas Prices Take a Dip

My car filled up at 15 bucks. I remember the really really really old days, when 5 bucks was like half a tank for me. Now that was like over 4-5 years ago.
15 years 5 months ago #16

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Gas Prices Take a Dip

My parents bought a '98 Camry brand new off the lot about 10 years ago. It has a 4 cylinder engine but it's great on gas. However, I love power and unfortunately, that car has no power at all even if you put the metal to the pedal. :laugh:

My parents leased a new brand new '09 Camry in May and it is a beautiful car. My mom is trying to get me to drive that car because it's a gas saver car but I tell her that I want a car of my own because the new Camry is a chick car. :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #17

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Gas Prices Take a Dip

6 cyl....LE!:white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #18

Meya, if your Camry has a 4 cylinder engine, I'm sure it's great on gas.
15 years 5 months ago #19

On my way to fill up as we type....lol. I put $20 in there when I traveled to Richmond Ca from San Francisco, which is about 22 miles. It was on a half tank nearly. I thought my gage was broke till I looked up at the prices. I never recognized the $2 range prices. Last I saw was low $3 ranges. Waaahoooooo! My Camry is going to love me now, we get a full tank of gas tonight. :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #20

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: Gas Prices Take a Dip

its $1.96 now
15 years 5 months ago #21

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Gas Prices Take a Dip

Yup even if it is temp, its saving me some money :cool:

I use that website!!!!!!
15 years 5 months ago #22

I used to pay about $70 for a full tank for my truck and now I'm paying about $40 so even if it's temporary, it feels good.
15 years 5 months ago #23

It is very temporary. It will go back up for the summer watch and see. I would not doubt it if it went up by spring.:shocked:
15 years 5 months ago #24

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Gas Prices Take a Dip

Wow RivasGlo and Eldarwen that is cheap here in Crossville where i live its $2.11 i can now full up for $25.00 and it last for a week and a half yay!!!!!!!!

I know, I filled up my SUV from half a tank and it was only $18.33, a few months ago that would have been over $30. It was $2.09.

I think OPEC is going to cut production again though, so this might just be a temporary lull. :worried:
15 years 5 months ago #25

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Gas Prices Take a Dip

I have no idea but your housing prices make me faint! I don't know how you all do it.

The housing crisis should take care of some of that. I read that a house in the San Fernando Valley (SFV) only cost about $170,000 in 1997 and before the crisis some of them were going for $600K. And really, some of those 1940's shacks look like they should be condemed. You go to Chicago, and they have these beautiful smaller homes, well maintained and pretty expensive, people knock them down and build McMansions. I wonder why nobody ever thought of that for the SFV.

California's prices are really high because the demand outpaces the supply. Southern California has pretty darn near perfect weather. Not too hot, not too cold, no snow and less humidity then say, Hawaii or Florida.
15 years 5 months ago #26

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Gas Prices Take a Dip

check this website out....... http://www.gasbuddy.com/
15 years 5 months ago #27

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: Gas Prices Take a Dip

Wow RivasGlo and Eldarwen that is cheap here in Crossville where i live its $2.11 i can now full up for $25.00 and it last for a week and a half yay!!!!!!!!!:white-flag:ps at our Food City gas is $2.09.
15 years 5 months ago #28

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Gas Prices Take a Dip

My parents got gas for 1.90 last night.
15 years 5 months ago #29

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat! :dumbfounded: :dumbfounded:

It is $2.61 in my neighborhood! Maybe FG can stand to visit one another in person now. So let me see here, Hjm331 and kiejon is in my area, I can afford it. Who else is close :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #30