United Federal Credit Union

• patrick12
  • patrick12's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: United Federal Credit Union

*************UPDATE*************
Last week I got in contact with the loan officer and was approved for the Gold card with a starting limit of $5,000, the platinum upgrade is being put on hold until I demonstrate a payment history with the Gold card, the loan officers are very friendly and have my best interest in mind! She told me to pay on that good for atleast a year and they will consider upgrading me to their Platinum Visa with a $22,000 credit line! :thumbsup:
11 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: United Federal Credit Union

Since joining 3 Rivers FCU about a year ago, I have been researching various credit unions over the last few months seeing as how I have had great success with 3 Rivers, after doing my research I stumbled upon United Federal Credit Union located in Saint Joseph Michigan, its history dates back to Whirlpool Employees Federal Credit Union, I was curious to see how I would qualify, and since I live in Indiana I do! As long as you work, live or worship in this state! They offer an excellent Visa card program, and I noticed they offered a Classic, Gold, and Platinum card. I went ahead, filled out the membership application online, answered a few Nexus Lexus questions, and had a savings account in less than 10 minutes with my new member number!

This is amazing! I am really happy with my credit union as well. I have their Platinum Visa with a 7.99% fixed rate. I also just recently opened business checking & savings with them.
12 years 1 week ago #2
  • patrick12
  • patrick12's Avatar Topic Author

was created by patrick12

Since joining 3 Rivers FCU about a year ago, I have been researching various credit unions over the last few months seeing as how I have had great success with 3 Rivers, after doing my research I stumbled upon United Federal Credit Union located in Saint Joseph Michigan, its history dates back to Whirlpool Employees Federal Credit Union, I was curious to see how I would qualify, and since I live in Indiana I do! As long as you work, live or worship in this state! They offer an excellent Visa card program, and I noticed they offered a Classic, Gold, and Platinum card. I went ahead, filled out the membership application online, answered a few Nexus Lexus questions, and had a savings account in less than 10 minutes with my new member number! :thumbsup: After getting everything finalized, I went ahead and applied for the gold visa card and only requested a $5,000 credit limit! Within 60 seconds I was instantly approved and my rate was 12.99%, then it gave me an 800 number to call to discuss the decision, so I called and spoke with a VERY nice loan officer who congratulated me on my approval and told me my TransUnion score was a 709, which they use Classic Fico 04! I mentioned to her I picked the Gold card because I didnt know if I would qualify for their platinum card, which she said I would, and suggested with my income I ask for $22,000 limit, I almost dropped the phone! I said well go ahead and try! She asked me a few questions about other accounts I had listed in my file, I explained, then she submitted the new application and it went into pending, in otherwords an underwriter has to manually review the application, worse case scenario she said they might counter me a lower limit, I am really liking this credit union and will keep you guys updated on the outcome as soon as I hear back from them! Also the Platinum Visa offers a variable rate of 9.99%! :cool:
12 years 1 week ago #3