Obtain Free FTC Publications Here:

Replied by FrankN on topic Free FTC

I couldn't agree more BREAKINGER as these are very helpful. Thanks for the great link!
7 years 9 months ago #1

Replied by Breakinger on topic Free FTC

There is so much great information on here that I never knew existed. Right now I'm in the process of trying to get a loan and it's nice to know that I can find out everything from how to read my credit score to building a better credit report. This is something that everyone should have as part of their personal finances.
7 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by Curry on topic Free FTC

I just clicked the link and it's still good. This is a topic worth bumping because the subject matter is timeless, as I'm sure they update the publications as laws and regulations change.
7 years 9 months ago #3

Replied by hanna on topic Re: Obtain Free FTC Publications Here:

thanks for the link NightStar. Great source of info and FREE! :cheesing:
14 years 1 month ago #4
  • NightStar
  • NightStar's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by NightStar on topic Re: Obtain Free FTC Publications Here:

When I worked for the credit bureau we had to order copies of the FCRA to distribute to banks and credit unions first signing membership with the credit reporting agency we resold for Experian.

I always kept the link and periodically use it to increase my own stash. I use to collect the When Bad Things Happen To You Good Name books for ID Theft, I still have the pdf file, but the FTC has ceased publication.

If anyone wants a copy of that book, they can contact me and I would be happy to forward copies of that as well.

I have a lot of goodies that consumers don't have access to, I have guides for how to read lender credit report products and so forth, so if you have an idea on a subject just ask and I will look in my goody bag. lol
14 years 1 month ago #5

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Obtain Free FTC Publications Here:

This is great info that has tons of publication guides that i never thought existed...thnx again
14 years 1 month ago #6

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Obtain Free FTC Publications Here:

Thanks for the resource.
14 years 1 month ago #7
  • NightStar
  • NightStar's Avatar Topic Author

was created by NightStar

http://bulkorder.ftc.gov/index.php?intro=1

This is a good source, you can order bulk publications from the Federal Trade Commission for free. If you want a copy of the Fair Credit Reporting act or the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act look under the Business Publications - Business
14 years 1 month ago #8