FICO Expansion Credit Score the new score on the block

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: FICO Expansion Credit Score the new score on the block

I thought they wouldn't reduce my limit since it wasn't a big deal but I guessed wrong. They are out on a mission!
15 years 5 months ago #16

Replied by cireone on topic Re: FICO Expansion Credit Score the new score on the block

AMEX cut my limit in half yesterday, went from $1k to $500.

AmEx cut mine twice and it was always at a certain point in my balance. Went from $2000 to $1500, now $600. Ive only used it once on PayPal, been paying it off but now seems worthless to have.
15 years 5 months ago #17
  • mousepad
  • mousepad's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: FICO Expansion Credit Score the new score on the block

well looks like they did know what you had to eat lol
15 years 5 months ago #18

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: FICO Expansion Credit Score the new score on the block

AMEX cut my limit in half yesterday, went from $1k to $500.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: This is insane! Aint this the 2nd time this is done for you? I think imma check all my accounts rite now. I havent in a while!!!!!! :embarrassed:
15 years 5 months ago #19

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: FICO Expansion Credit Score the new score on the block

AMEX cut my limit in half yesterday, went from $1k to $500. :upset:
15 years 5 months ago #20
  • mousepad

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: FICO Expansion Credit Score the new score on the block

well you know amex keeps an eye on where you shop so if you used your atm, or credit card for anything they already know lol
and if amex dont like where you shop they will cut your credit line in half
15 years 5 months ago #21

Great, do they want to know what I ate for breakfast this morning?
15 years 5 months ago #22
  • mousepad

i found even more info on this.
have you ever wondered why even when you have a nice score but it seems that some banks still wont take a chance on you and this might be why.

Regular credit scores are based on information gathered by the major national credit bureaus about an individual's payment record on car loans, mortgages, personal loans, utilities, and a variety of other credit. With this information, the credit bureaus attempt to predict the risk that lenders assume when they issue credit to you.
That risk is reflected in your FICO credit score. The higher your FICO score, the lower the risk the lenders feel they are assuming by lending you money, and the more likely they are to lend it to you.

you've probably found that it can be difficult if not impossible to qualify for credit. Now, however, Fair Isaac, the creator and generator of FICO scores, offers a service to lenders (not directly to borrowers) called the FICO Expansion Score. It's a three-digit score with the same range as the traditional FICO score, from 300 to 850.

so guess what you have a score that you cant even see cause its not offered to us.
15 years 5 months ago #23
  • mousepad

was created by mousepad

Hello all as you see i have been poking around looking for things and i found out that there is yet a new score to think about or an addon to what we have as scores today.

Fair Isaac FICO Expansion Credit Risk Score

Fair Isaac has announced that its FICO Expansion credit risk score "has proven in a major lending-industry study to be the first strong and reliable credit score for assessing the risk of millions of Americans who have little or no credit information on file at Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. The study also demonstrated that FICO Expansion score aligns with the company’s industry-standard Classic FICO score for quicker adoption by lenders and combined coverage of as many as 50 million more American consumers than can be addressed by any competing credit risk model." According to an FAQ, the "FICO Expansion score analyzes non-traditional credit data. Examples of such data include deposit account records, pay day loan cashing, and purchase payment plan performance."

read more here http://www.paymentsnews.com/2006/11/fair_isaac_fico.html
15 years 5 months ago #24