Will credit inquiries hurt your credit score if you have no credit score?

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Will credit inquiries hurt your credit score if you have no credit score?

Bump this up, hay shark6 what does "SL" mean? Does it mean Statue of Limitations?
15 years 7 months ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Will credit inquiries hurt your credit score if you have no credit score?

:shocked: A short typing! Shark6, what does SL's mean?:worried: I want to add it to the thread for short typing, thanks! Good info everyone, you are right Shark6, I dont know what I would have done without members and this site being here.
15 years 7 months ago #17

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Will credit inquiries hurt your credit score if you have no credit score?

Ditto. Take the time to research the cards mentioned above. REad the review and status sections. Go to creditboards dot com, creditforums and read their database on credit pulled.

Look at the trends for approvals re which CB was pulled, what state you are in, and what scores the person had who was approved.

If the trend is like where I live, JCPenny pulls Equifax 95% of the time. I noticed that people were getting approved with EQ Fico of 620, 640, 630 and up. My EQ is 671 so I figured I had a shot and i was approved.

On the other hand, I contemplated Chase Freedom but the scores being approved were 650, 680, 700 and up. They are not a bankrupt friendly card and they clearly ask if you have serious delinquency don't apply. My SLs are delinquent so Iknow not to apply until I have them rehapped and my scores a bit higher.

I don't want to waste an inquiry. It required me putting in the time to research this but it is worth it not to make a 2yr mistake as inquiries stay on your report for 2yrs.

REad, read, read and ask, ask, ask.

Folks here have been great and the review section has helped me immensely.
15 years 7 months ago #18

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Will credit inquiries hurt your credit score if you have no credit score?

Smilebaby, with no credit and history and the economy being this way, I'd suggest that you stop applying for more cards and save your inquiries for later. When you gain 6 months of positive history on your report with the BOA secured card, apply for a Capital One card and stop there. Apply for a card you really want every 6 months because when you have no history, 6 months of additional history means a lot to creditors.
15 years 7 months ago #19

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Will credit inquiries hurt your credit score if you have no credit score?

Yes girl suicide. But the cc companies do target low income because that is where they make their money
15 years 7 months ago #20

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Will credit inquiries hurt your credit score if you have no credit score?

:shocked: Suicide. trust me, they were not low income because I been there done that before. We just say "Oh well, get in line with next" ....oh wait a minute, I think I should have said, they were not from the hood, that is where we say the "Oh well's" from:fun: See, I keep it real! But it is a price to pay for when you want decide to change.
15 years 8 months ago #21

HJM331, u and I are on the same page with this. Also, it seems to me to set the student up to default or late pays or over the limit fees. It's so easy to charge as opposed to dishing out dollars which actually forces you to consider how much you are spending.

To give a card to someone with no income is suicide to me.

Yes I remember watching the movie on Showtime called Maxed Out or something like that
15 years 8 months ago #22

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Will credit inquiries hurt your credit score if you have no credit score?

Ya, you can't say no because they will get upset so it's a big risk to say the least.
15 years 8 months ago #23

:laugh: :laugh: That's family for ya!
15 years 8 months ago #24

I only trust myself with my own credit cards even though my parents are AU's on some of my cards. I hide my credit cards from my father because he makes purchases on my cards and doesn't pay me as soon as I would like him to.
15 years 8 months ago #25

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Will credit inquiries hurt your credit score if you have no credit score?

HJM331, u and I are on the same page with this. Also, it seems to me to set the student up to default or late pays or over the limit fees. It's so easy to charge as opposed to dishing out dollars which actually forces you to consider how much you are spending.

To give a card to someone with no income is suicide to me.
15 years 8 months ago #26

I wouldn't trust myself with credit cards and no income either. It would make me feel financially irresponsible and vulnerable.
15 years 8 months ago #27

That is true but I worked my way through college and most of my friends worked or had part time jobs or work study so I'm clueless about how folks got cards who didnt' work. In my view, I would have never applied for credit with no income but one never knows about others.

I know that parents would add their children as AU or co-sign
15 years 8 months ago #28

In addition, I noticed that you have no income. I wonder if that is a factor. Congrats with your secured BOA card, I'm sure that like Kmoney said,t he doors will begin to open for you in about 3-4mths.

Shark6 that is so interesting I didn't even pick up on it. But then how many students in college that don't have an income and they get ccs
15 years 8 months ago #29

In addition, I noticed that you have no income. I wonder if that is a factor. Congrats with your secured BOA card, I'm sure that like Kmoney said,t he doors will begin to open for you in about 3-4mths.
15 years 8 months ago #30