When should you ask for credit limit increases?

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: When should you ask for credit limit increases?

I asked for a $1k CLI on my BOA Visa last night and woke up to a $1.5k CLI. That brings my limit to $3,500 and it had me jumping up and down. :laugh:
15 years 3 months ago #136

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Was it in auto-CLI?

Yeah, they keep doing it too. In 2007 I used my BofA for the only time that year for a $120 brake job and they gave me $1,000 and then this year $3,000.

So keep it up and they will have you at $10K before you know it.
15 years 3 months ago #137

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Yeah, they just gave me $3,000 in July for a total $19K limit. They are crazy with their CLI's.

Was it in auto-CLI?
15 years 3 months ago #138

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: When should you ask for credit limit increases?

You were telling me to slow down with my CLI's. Look at you! :laugh:
15 years 3 months ago #139

If we weren't in a recession, BOA would be giving me some nice increases by now because I heavily utilize their card and pay on-time. I currently don't have a balance on neither card so we'll see what happens next month.

Yeah, they just gave me $3,000 in July for a total $19K limit. They are crazy with their CLI's.
15 years 4 months ago #140

If we weren't in a recession, BOA would be giving me some nice increases by now because I heavily utilize their card and pay on-time. I currently don't have a balance on neither card so we'll see what happens next month.
15 years 4 months ago #141

Well, my plan is to build my credit line as high as I can so when I apply for new credit, the lenders will match and give even higher limits and that's how you become a high FICO achiever.

Sounds like a plan and it works. I never get approved for anything under $10K anymore. All but my Discover have a $10K+ CL also.
15 years 4 months ago #142

Well, my plan is to build my credit line as high as I can so when I apply for new credit, the lenders will match and give even higher limits and that's how you become a high FICO achiever.
15 years 4 months ago #143

I was 29 before my Capital One hit $10K and not for a lack of trying. For a few years there, Capital One was not buding on peoples credit lines. I was stuck at $9,700 for years. My friend who is a lawyer in Dallas still only has $3,000 on her Capital One.
15 years 4 months ago #144

Yeah, but you are 19; give it some time, believe me, it will start happening faster and faster each year.

Anyway, it is because of you that I requested my Macy's CLI; it made me mad that a 19 year old had the same credit line as me and I have longer credit history. So slow down darn it! LOL

:laugh:

Well, I'm expecting to have my Capital One card at $10k right when I turn 22.
15 years 4 months ago #145

It's going to be six months in December since my last CLI.

Yeah, but you are 19; give it some time, believe me, it will start happening faster and faster each year.

Anyway, it is because of you that I requested my Macy's CLI; it made me mad that a 19 year old had the same credit line as me and I have longer credit history. So slow down darn it! LOL :upset:
15 years 4 months ago #146

It's going to be six months in December since my last CLI.
15 years 4 months ago #147

I asked BOA for a $1k CLI on my BOA AMEX card and my credit limit is still at $1,500.

Good things come to those who wait.
15 years 4 months ago #148

Replied by Meya on topic Re: When should you ask for credit limit increases?

11/26/2008
15 years 4 months ago #149

Replied by yendor on topic Re: When should you ask for credit limit increases?

Don't hold your breath with HSBC. The reason why I closed my Best Buy Mastercard was because of CLI's. I requested a CLI at the 6 month mark, they pulled a hard inquiry on my report and denied me. I asked for another request 3 months later and they pulled my report but denied me again. I was furious so I closed the account.

I'm not saying close the account. Just use the card, let it help you build credit, then sockdrawer the card as long as it doesn't have any annual fees.

Thanks HJM, that's the info i am looking for.
15 years 5 months ago #150