The #1 reason for raising credit scores Poll

Poll: What's "Your" #1 Reason for raising your Credit Scores?

I want better credit to start a business
4 13.3%
I want a better job
No votes 0%
I want better credit cards/higher credit limits
10 33.3%
I want to buy a house/car and get a great int rate
12 40%
I am bored and this is my hobby
4 13.3%
Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by smcc on topic How have you used your credit score to benefit you?

Talking to ColoNative got me to thinking and I wanted to get your ideas. How has your credit score helped you recently? Besides applying for other credit cards have you been able to (a) get that job that you thought your credit score might have hindered you, (b) financed the car you wanted at a rate that was even a surprise to you, (c) lower your insurance premiums or acquired insurance at really good rates, you see where I'm going with this.
We all are working to either pay off current debt and increase our score but what benefits have you reaped as your score has increased ?
15 years 5 months ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic Re: The #1 reason for raising credit scores Poll

I have Progressive myself and I must say that they will take care of you dearly especially on a claim. Their roadside is cool also, it says that they reimburse but I have not paid a dime out of my pocket when I needed tow's, locked out, or tire change. :worried:
15 years 8 months ago #17

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: The #1 reason for raising credit scores Poll

My family has been with AAA for a while now. I don't know how their rates are but I do like their Roadside Assistance.
15 years 8 months ago #18
  • Rob72830
  • Rob72830's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: The #1 reason for raising credit scores Poll

Yes they pull your report. I know because I have found State Farm, Progressive and Nationwide on it. Don't ask why I have 3 vehicles insured with 3 insurance companies (long story). The inq's are soft but they are there. I am hoping that when I get into the good credit, I can get a reduction in premiums.:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #19

Good God! I only thought that 21st Century does that. They denied me car insurance years ago due to my credit report.:upset:
15 years 9 months ago #20
  • Rob72830

Looks like to me the job has little or no effect

Yeah, and I am not the only one doing this as a hobby:fun: Well mostly. I am hoping my car and homeowners insurance comes down because even our insurance premiums are based on credit.
15 years 9 months ago #21

Looks like to me the job has little or no effect:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #22

No problem!
15 years 9 months ago #23
  • Rob72830

Thank you Meya for getting the poll up and running and thank you everyone for your input and votes. I too think this will be fun and informative.:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #24

You are good to go!

Hey everyone, let's go back and fill out Rob72830 Poll. I think this will be fun and exciting. You all can make more than one selection, but please be advised that the poll is public. Let's have fun!
:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #25
  • Rob72830

Hey Meya, I did make up a poll but could not get it attached to this thread. When I clicked on your link it gave me a message saying I did not have permission to access this page. If you could help, I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot.:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #26

Hello all,
I am new here, a 100% disabled veteran, been a member for less than 2 weeks trying to raise my scores and clean up my credit report. I have learned a lot and have put several things to work for me and I hope to have my scores up in the high 600's by January. Now I already have a mortgage from Chase and a car loan from Citi so there is not really anything I need to work towards that I don't already have so raising my scores is a project with me, to see how high I can get them. Now working on raising them got me to thinking, what is the main reason everyone on here is working to raise their scores? To buy a car? A house? Bored and nothing better to do like me? I made up a poll and am really interested in knowing so I would really like your input. Inquiring minds want to know! Thanks a lot everybody

Nice thread buddie! My reasons:

1. To be prepare for the best intr rate on my house
2. Next car
3. Make myself feel good
4. See others get jealous or admire me :innocent:
5. Too show off and crack faces
6. Show the world that I am a responsible person when it comes to credit
7. Break loose from bad debt embarrassments

I love this thread, but you forgot to add a poll. Go back and click

If you don't see the tools, send me a message through the mailbox and I will add exactly what you want me to.
:fun:
15 years 9 months ago #27

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: The #1 reason for raising credit scores Poll

One day...i'll promise....

Yayyyy YoYo
15 years 9 months ago #28

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: The #1 reason for raising credit scores Poll

And YoYo please forgive him

One day...i'll promise.....:embarrassed:
15 years 9 months ago #29

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: The #1 reason for raising credit scores Poll

I'm lovin' all the advice in this thread and how well everyone is getting along in here, that's what it's all about.

Shark6, that's a great plan. I wish you the best and hope you can get back up on your feet ASAP and everything follows as planned.
15 years 9 months ago #30