TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

Replied by Adicus on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

TrueCredit, CreditKeeper and so forth use their own calculative formulas; that's why you saw a big difference in scoring. When you decide to apply for any loans and (or) credit cards my suggestion is to soley go by your real FICOS not FAKOS.
15 years 10 months ago #91

Replied by happylady on topic I did sign up for

I did sign up for the mycreditkeeper also - we'll see how that goes...

I just cancelled mycreditkeeper.com...I was very disappointed in the customer service! :worried: I got the free 30-day trial and expected to be charged the $9.99/month starting this month (May)...so I go online to check my BofA account (which I do just about daily) to make sure all my payments are posting and that I haven't accidentally overdrawn my account and there are 3 charges for $9.99ea! One says it's from "HSBC credit keeper" which i expected but the other 2 are for "IdentityProtect" (??) which I was like huh?? So I called Credit Keeper to ask what's going on. The rep tells me that they didn't charge me AT ALL and that "Identity Protect" is another "division" of their company and I need to call them because she can't help me :scared: :scared:
So she gives me the number and I call...of course they don't show me as having an account with that "division" and that I needed to call ANOTHER division. OMG!!! So I called and THAT division told me nope it's not us...IT'S CREDIT KEEPER!! I was so frustrated with the run around i called credit keeper and just cancelled the whole thing. The rep I talked to tried to apologize for the trouble (blah blah blah) and get me to keep the service (blah blah blah) but I just said look, I expected a higher level of customer service from you especially with this type of service dealing with something as important as my credit history. I don't want to have to worry every month whether or not I am getting overbilled. After about 3 sales pitches he finally stopped and just cancelled my account. Now I have to try and get the charges reversed from my account...I know it's only $20 but it's just the principal of the thing...plus that's $20 I could put in my gas tank!! :scared: I don't think I am going to sign up for ANYBODY'S monitoring service...I'll just buy my FICO score every few months and get my free annual reports every year from the BIG 3...

I copied this post from another thread...I am going to try the BofA monitoring service and see how that goes...Anyone else have this trouble with mycreditkeeper??
15 years 11 months ago #92

Replied by Meya on topic Heeey Now! Welcome to the

Heeey Now! Welcome to the big Cali where everything goes....lol. You are going to have a great time trust me. Stop off at Hooter's at the Pier 39 (Fisherman's Warf) so you can pop your collar and whip out the Hooter's card. Ugh, do you have a Hooter's Card? Get on the ball Wildrage!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ps, I think your judgement is going to fall faster than what you think. Mines was due to fall of near the end of this year and BAM! All three cb's showed me some love. Cross your fingers.
15 years 11 months ago #93
  • wildrage2
  • wildrage2's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by wildrage2 on topic I know I have some

I know I have some issues with creditkeeper scores but they are a whole lot better than truecredit. My scores on creditkeeper is nearly 30-50 pts higher than truecredit. Just keep moving on until you get out of subprime accounts wildrage, by that time your credit will build on its on from excellent payment history, and NOT too many NEW accounts. Don't worry about the scores, that will keep you frustrated while rebuilding. I had to learn that the hard way!

Thanks, Meya. I think my credit score is going to have a big jump in about 6 months. In 6 months my judgement will fall off, along with 1 of my charge-offs. My collections are all paid (3), and in 6 months 2 of them will be gone. So, hopefully, the only negatives will be the 1 collection, which I'm hoping I can get deleted because I just PIF. If not, it's mine for another 3 years. So in 6 months I'll only have 1 or 2 negatives and 10 new accounts reporting positives for a year. I'm 26 right now and hoping I can get my score high enough to get a mortgage at a decent rate before I'm 30. I think I'm on the right track...

BTW Meya, I'll be in your neck of the woods next week. I'm flying into SF from NYC for a job interview down in Santa Cruz. It will be my first time in Northern Cali!
15 years 11 months ago #94

Replied by yoyo11 on topic I've tried Bank of America

I've tried Bank of America for one three months after I found out it was FAKO's. Tried CreditKeeper, and about four other 7 to 30 day trials. Finally creditchecktotal was the closest my my true Fico scores. At $19.99 a month it's somewhat high but the benefits are:

You can order new reports twice a day if you want.
(CreditKeeper only one report a month)

You can order new credit scores any time you want.
(Most montioring companies only updates them once a month
even if theres changes on your report.

Creditchecktotal was still off about 20 points from my true Fico's
but it was still better than other sites that gave me a 50 point
difference!! :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #95

Replied by mark on topic i have tried truecredit, identity

i have tried truecredit, identity guard and creditkeeper.
and some other 30 day trial get your score kind of ofer

i agree with meya, the creditkeeper is closer to my FICO scores.
i have a Washington Mutual VISA which has a complementary monthly Transunion FICO score.
so far, creditkeeper is 10 points lower.

and creditkeeper really delivers when it comes to alerts about inquiries and new accounts.

i'm apying 6.95/month

i tried cancelling it before because i believe 10 is expensive, the CS offered me this deal and i grab it
15 years 11 months ago #96

Replied by Meya on topic I know I have some

I know I have some issues with creditkeeper scores but they are a whole lot better than truecredit. My scores on creditkeeper is nearly 30-50 pts higher than truecredit. Just keep moving on until you get out of subprime accounts wildrage, by that time your credit will build on its on from excellent payment history, and NOT too many NEW accounts. Don't worry about the scores, that will keep you frustrated while rebuilding. I had to learn that the hard way!
15 years 11 months ago #97

Replied by hjm331 on topic You can only get your

You can only get your FICO score from myfico.com
15 years 11 months ago #98

Replied by KellBell on topic I don't have a clue

I don't have a clue as to how far off the FAKO is. Is MyCreditKeeper FICO or FAKO?

I have that stoopid Experian Credit Expert. For three years straight, I've paid $11.95/Mo. to view a bogus "credit score" and I just learned this! I went to MyFICO.com and got the real deal. It was 40 points LOWER than all three of my FAKOs. What a joke.

Needless to say...CANCELLED.

Also, I have a shady credit history if you delve wayyyyy back, but at the moment, I'm pretty up-to-date with everything and have been for quite awhile. Even so, my husband has never missed a beat in his 11 year credit history...yettttt....he and I have the same FICO score. Not fair to him whatsoever.

Oh yes, and the reasons his FICO is not 700 even though he is squeaky clean? INQUIRIES and a high balance on 1 card. Also, his oldest accounts are paid, yet are closed. Apparently this responsible handling of credit is considered negative in the doo doo- colored glasses of shady Fair Isaac who is paid by the credit companies to keep people sub-prime by marking points off their credit for credit shopping.

FICO IS A JOKE TOO!!!!!!

How did this turn into a rant???

:scared: :scared: :scared:
15 years 11 months ago #99
  • wildrage2
  • wildrage2's Avatar Topic Author

was created by wildrage2

I could have sworn I saw this topic somewhere here before, but I can't find it, so exuse me if this is a repost.

I realize that there are differences between FAKO or FICO scores, but I still have a question.

I've been using TrueCredit for quite a while now. It has all of my scores at around 578 (top of the 'poor' category).

I decided to try out 'MyCreditKeepter.com' and was surprised to see that they have my scores all at around 615, in the 'fair' category.

In everyone's experience, which vendor is usually more accurate? lol..of course, i'm hoping its MyCreditKeeper...
15 years 11 months ago #100