TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

Replied by Meya on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

Well the talk is about myfico, I used them for the free trial, but after that I cancelled it. Garydman sort of had me thinking twice about myfico, but I do agree that they are more real than the rest. Here is the link to his story [URL]http ://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=565[/URL]
: relieved :: scared:
15 years 9 months ago #76

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

I just checked; Creditchecktotal is an Experian company. I would think it would be accurate with Experian scores but not sure about TU or EQ. I would go to those companies for scores and credit reports.
15 years 9 months ago #77

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

Seems like True Credit would be correct since it is put out by TransUnion and Freecreditreport.com's Triple Advantage Score Plus would be correct because it is put out by Experian. Here is a copy of the first line of
About FreeCreditReport.comSM
FreeCreditReport.com part of a family of online consumer credit reporting sites belonging to ConsumerInfo.com, Inc., an Experian® company.

I also have an old score analysis from Dec 05 from True Credit which plainly states across the top of the page: TrueCredit brought to you by TransUnion.

Now I maybe wrong but seems to me if you subscribe to these two monitoring services they would be accurate. I don't about the others except Chase Identity Protection but I think it is crap because it iisn't put out by any cra. I will keep my Score Plus, PFICO from Wamu and will go to my FICO for EQ.

I think if you get scores from the cra's they are going to be the same as myfico. Just stay away from the ones put out by other companies. Just my 2 cents.
15 years 9 months ago #78

Well I guess that is true becaue my TU Scores are always like 35 points higher than my Eq and 40 pts higher than EX. Ex does update much faster than the other two, also creditors know that majority of all crediors pulls from Ex the most. I think that EX should weigh our scores differently from the rest since they know that this is where the most impact occurs. This is why i make sure i am aware who the creditors pull from before applying because I can not take another hit from EX until 2009
:upset: :relieved:
15 years 9 months ago #79

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

I believe the reason why most lenders pull Experian is because Experian updates reports faster than the other two major bureaus. Lenders want up-to-date info when they are deciding to approve or decline an application
15 years 9 months ago #80

Replied by cireone on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

For some reason TranUnion seems to be higher than Experian and Equifax when it comes to credit scores. I spoke to a bank branch manager in the grocery store where I work and she told me that TransUnion is the largest bureau but that most lenders choose Experian and Equifax, which she said are smaller companies with tighter formulas of computing scores. I wondered if it was true what was said. It seems liek a logical explaination for different scores. I feel also if you have a lender who only reports to one or two in stead of all three bureaus that will greatly affect your score.
Whenever I am searching apps, i look for cards that reprt to all three it will help even out my score.
15 years 9 months ago #81

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

Fako's, Fico's I would buy the true Fico's first , then try the monitoring service that has the closest to your true Fico score. All of the Fako's I've tried were 30 to 50 points off. When I tried Bank of America and order my true Fico..i was so upset I almost cried

Yoyo11 so you are saying that creditchecktotal is a better deal and if so I am going to do business with them[/quote]b#@!^$d) plus my best friend challenged them with Racial Profiling they were so freaking scared because she was going to blow them clear out of the water. But alas that is another story LOL![/quote]
15 years 9 months ago #82

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

I have myfico.com to keep an eye on things. If my credit score drops, I look at it and figure out how I am going to fix it. For me, it is an easy fix. But I don't worry about my score too much. I mainly worry about identity theft.
15 years 9 months ago #83

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

Fako's, Fico's I would buy the true Fico's first , then try the monitoring service that has the closest to your true Fico score. All of the Fako's I've tried were 30 to 50 points off. When I tried Bank of America and order my true Fico..i was so upset I almost cried
15 years 9 months ago #84

FICO scores are a mystery within themselves lol
15 years 9 months ago #85

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

Yeah I know..the thing thet gets me is that my Equi and Trans scores are all in the low 600's and my Exp is something like 560. I compared reports and there are actually less negative on the Exp! It also has less inquries....I just don't get it!

Yeah, I agree. Transunion is my highest score and it had the most collections recorded. It also was higher even before I disputed the items on there and had them taken off. But Apparently the formulas for each bureau are all different. One is called Beacon. I think I found a link from Porgy.
15 years 9 months ago #86
  • wildrage2
  • wildrage2's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by wildrage2 on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

Yeah I know..the thing thet gets me is that my Equi and Trans scores are all in the low 600's and my Exp is something like 560. I compared reports and there are actually less negative on the Exp! It also has less inquries....I just don't get it!
15 years 9 months ago #87

If you ask me, they are all a bunch of money rip offs...lmao. I believe the only true person knows our fico scores are mortgage banks and tier one creditors.
15 years 9 months ago #88

Replied by Adicus on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

I frequently use TrueCredit to view my credit reoprt and for bumping. I love the fact that I can cancel before the 30 days. $14.95 no bad when you really want to see what going on with your file.
15 years 9 months ago #89

Adicus is correct, each one of these websites use their own scoring system like the FICO system and develop their own scores. The reason why they are called FAKO is because 90% of the lenders today rely and depend on the FICO scoring system to approve or deny on a loan, credit card, or mortgage.
15 years 9 months ago #90