TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

Replied by Meya on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

OK, let me clarify the TX's and CK's:laugh: does that stand for Transunion Scores or Truecredit?

Mycreditkeeper is your best shot over Truecredit. I like Mycreditkeeper because they offer your monthly score-tracker, sends home mail alerts as well as email alerts, give you better options to take control of your credit, and cheaper than Truecredit. They want to make sure you get what you deserve. But keep in mind, they are basically Fako's, but very close to fico's. The only difference that I see is that you just can't pull your report everyday. Who cares, as long as they are monitoring them for you on a daily basis.
15 years 3 months ago #31

Replied by sphj413 on topic CreditKeeper

Hi all,

For those using creditkeeper, how much to you trust the scores on there. I checked my EX last night and it was 607. This morning, I set up an account with CK and the EX score is 645. TrueCredit had my TX score at 507 yesterday and CK has it at 596 today. Lastly, EQ has 538 while CK has the EQ score at 523. I like the CK scores better, but what's correct; and are the scores even correct from the CB sites. Where is the data really coming from?

Your thoughts? And what other monitoring services would you all recommend. Right now I'm in the process of feeling them out to see which one to keep. CK is less expensive and gives me all three scores.

sphj413 :scared:
15 years 3 months ago #32

Right on, keep us posted RivasGlo!:white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #33

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

Well what I put up there was whats on my statement and it did show a balance at the top.

The CR also shows a balance, min pymt but no CL and its under Installment accounts not Revolving accounts.

Maybe they still upgraded... SO IDK. Ill call as soon as I get the chance.
15 years 8 months ago #34

Would a balance show if it was a signature card? I agree with what you said, give them a call.
15 years 8 months ago #35

I just remembered that when I viewd my statement online for the Chase Freedom Card... It was different than my previous ones.

I just pulled it up and...

Its shows]
Minimum Payment Due for Credit Access Line $64.00
Total Minimum Payment Due $64.00
Credit Access Line $5,500
Cash Access Line $1,100

I remember sometime in June they offered me to upgrade my Chase Freedom to Chase Freedom Signature Card... But I called and told them not to upgrade me... I still have the letter and it was suppose to take effect on 07/02/08 and I still have who I spoke with and when :cheesing:

I guess I now have to call them and see if they STILL upgraded me! That may b the reason why this has happend.
15 years 8 months ago #36

I am not sure of that one because I have the same thing from Lowes, and Select Comfort and it is not showing installment acct. Dont worry about the balance if you know you have a plan to pay it off. We are suppose to get balances, if not then we dont need the card and the card will be closed away.:laugh:
15 years 8 months ago #37

Could the reason be becuz im on 0% Fixed APR for 6 months? :confused:

That would b really dumb but kinda good... Dumb because ive had the card since 03/2008 and the promo period is over 09/2008! Good because I have a big balance $3200 out of my CL $5500... I know I know... HUGE utilization but im most deff paying off before the promo period ends :relieved:
15 years 8 months ago #38

I think you need to dispute that with exp because installment accounts are something that does not have great impacts on your scores and report like tradelines, credit cards, charge cards and revolving accounts. All three of my cb's has my matress from select comfort and my treadmill listed as charge accounts. I leave it that way even though it was their mistake. It makes it look good on my credit report...lol:laugh:
15 years 8 months ago #39

I just pulled my CR w/ TrueCredit.com just to make sure my Chase Freedom and Hooter's Card reported correct information...

I noticed that my Chase Freedom was no longer near the top out of my "Revolving Accounts] Accounts with an open-end term from all my accounts". As I scrolled down, it was no where to b found so I freaked....

I started from the top again just to make sure I didnt overlooked it and it turns out that it was at the bottom listed under "Installment Accounts] Accounts comprised of fixed terms with regular payments". AND MY CL was no longer showing![/quote]Can someone explain to me what this means????[/B]
15 years 8 months ago #40

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

Experian sent me something in the mail yesterday about getting my credit score. I just threw it away because I am not interested
15 years 8 months ago #41

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

Rob, i had Creditkeeper for one month. At $9.99 per month is not too bad. They do give you your (FAKO)score one a month (all three) and a new credit report once a month. When I cancelled after the 30 days..they tried to keep me for $4.95 a month. I declined because I was using creditchecktotal...$19.99 unlimited scores and new reports...
I just cancelled Creditchecktotal because I had them for almost a year and decided that I was going to see all I could on my report. Remember I was still ordering my TrueFICO's which is $15 a pop. Keep us posted with your experience

I will try it for at least a month to see if TU and Eq have dropped those baddies that Experian had already dropped. If they have I am not sure if I will keep it because Triple Advantage lets me pull a cr whenever I want with a Plus score from Experian. I will look into creditchecktotal though. Thanks for the encouragement.:cheesing:
15 years 8 months ago #42

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

Orchard called me today wanting me to enroll in creditkeeper. At first I thought yeah, some more junk to charge to my cc. The lady said the first month was only $1.00 and I could look at all 3 cr's. I decided to try it so the materials should be coming. Now I am not sure if I want it, because you can only pull your reports once a month?

Rob, i had Creditkeeper for one month. At $9.99 per month is not too bad. They do give you your (FAKO)score one a month (all three) and a new credit report once a month. When I cancelled after the 30 days..they tried to keep me for $4.95 a month. I declined because I was using creditchecktotal...$19.99 unlimited scores and new reports...
I just cancelled Creditchecktotal because I had them for almost a year and decided that I was going to see all I could on my report. Remember I was still ordering my TrueFICO's which is $15 a pop. Keep us posted with your experience.:cool:
15 years 8 months ago #43

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

KMoney, I believe you get the reports from all 3 bureaus instead of just one.
15 years 8 months ago #44

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: TrueCredit v. CreditKeeper

Your only allowed to pull your credit report once a month with creditkeeper?
15 years 8 months ago #45